06 fusion 900 air box - HCS Snowmobile Forums

Fusion This is a brand-specific forum. Posts on this forum are assumed to be questions aimed at similar model owners, and are not looking for comments of a sarcastic or "bashing" nature. Please be aware that if you violate this policy you are in danger of losing your posting privileges on this website.The calling out or posting of another members personal information IE phone number or address is prohibited.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-13-2009, 11:12 AM   #1 (permalink)
Advanced Member

i have a 06 900 and love it but would like to but on a pipe but first i would like to either put the timberline air box or the slp or if the is one out there better or which one is better
tossmysalad is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-13-2009, 11:36 AM   #2 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): FUZE 9
Previous Sled(s): Ski Doo 6, Arctic Cat F7, 800 ZR
Favorite Riding Area: The HILL!
Riding Since: 1982

Slp is much better the timbersled is restrictive I've had both and I would grab one if you can't afford the slp because all the stock box does is suck in belt dust which is more excessive because the belt wears twice as fast as a regular belt on the 900 cause of the high torque loads
chittybangz900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 12:13 PM   #3 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): mxz x 800
Previous Sled(s): 05 900 fuse
Favorite Riding Area: upper michigan
Riding Since: 1987

I have heard alot about belt dust being sucked in the stock air box,don't really see how this happens when the large foam piece under the hood go's around the air box intake. I have never had any dust issues,and my air box is gutted,I think the timber sled is resrtictive,and have also heard of probloms with the slp because it can get clogged with snow. Gut the stock box and save the money for a pipe.
daveskidoof3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-13-2009, 10:53 PM   #4 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2010 D8 Switchback
Favorite Riding Area: in snow

The stock airbox can suck belt dust in through the small drain holes in the bottom and if you blow a belt it can destroy the stock box causing the motor to suck pieces of airbox and belt in through the reeds.
Old 04-14-2009, 09:25 AM   #5 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Quote:
The stock airbox can suck belt dust in through the small drain holes in the bottom and if you blow a belt it can destroy the stock box causing the motor to suck pieces of airbox and belt in through the reeds.[/b]
My airbox must have been modified,no small holes in it. My friends dad,the previous owner blew a belt when it was new and no damage. I put 1500 miles on a 111 belt and it barely wore at all. I would say my clutching is dead on. Sled fly's.
Old 04-14-2009, 10:53 AM   #6 (permalink)
Advanced Member

could you show me some pictures or tell me how u gut the air box i have the money put if gutting it does the same then i will buy a pipe
tossmysalad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 01:23 PM   #7 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Pull the screws that hold it together and remove the chambers inside so it is open,my friends dad did mine before I baught it. It was recomended by a very good polaris tech,slp also put something out it in the tips bulletin to do it also. It works for me. Good luck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement