600 ho. fuse - Page 2 - HCS Snowmobile Forums

Fusion This is a brand-specific forum. Posts on this forum are assumed to be questions aimed at similar model owners, and are not looking for comments of a sarcastic or "bashing" nature. Please be aware that if you violate this policy you are in danger of losing your posting privileges on this website.The calling out or posting of another members personal information IE phone number or address is prohibited.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-08-2009, 06:36 PM   #11 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2014 800 Pro/R Rush, 2010 700 RMK 155
Previous Sled(s): 2010 800 RMK, 1998 XCR 440
Favorite Riding Area: Blue Bear Trail -Kalkaska, MI
Riding Since: 2004

A 121 with a Cobra will actually perform better in powder than a 136 ripsaw. I have run them back to back.

The Cobra track generates lift like a mountain track, where a stiff lugged track like a ripsaw just trenches.

If the condition is powder the cobra is the way to go. A 136 cobra should work really well.
Advertisement

Old 04-08-2009, 07:31 PM   #12 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

my opinion is you would really like the 1.5 camoplast intense track. It's more a paddle track so it doesnt trench at all but it also hard closer to the track so it really hooks up good on trails. I live on the praire so must snow is in drifts so getting to them has me driving in low snow and i never over heated. I also checked the hifax and was in very good shape.

Robin get in the Batmobile
beyer_600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 07:52 PM   #13 (permalink)

hey beyer hows the lugs holding up on the intense after riding on low snow? did you gear down at all? im ordering cobra or intense soon. seems theres good points between - not many bad things
kecky02 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-08-2009, 08:44 PM   #14 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): IQR 600, XRS 800
Previous Sled(s): IQRR, Pro XR 660, D6, Rev 800X, Rev 600X
Riding Since: 1985

Quote:
hey beyer hows the lugs holding up on the intense after riding on low snow? did you gear down at all? im ordering cobra or intense soon. seems theres good points between - not many bad things[/b]
I'd suggest a deep lug 121" track with studs personally. I used a 121" track that has 1.65" lugs and installed 144 1.75" studs with tall nuts and absolutely loved it compared to the previous studded 1.25" I had before. The studs take a lot of the abuse in the lower snow conditions / road crossings so your lugs will look like new. I put about 1000 miles on this setup this winter with absolutely no issues, all the lugs look like new and there are no bent studs. Of course if you come out of every corner with the throttle to the bar and the track spinning you may destroy a track like this on the trail, you just need to use discretion and it will hold up great. Each to their own I guess but this was a great set up for my mod rev, I could cat walk the sled across a field of fresh powder, good times!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	small_2.JPG
Views:	9
Size:	79.4 KB
ID:	383417  

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
dynofox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 03:38 PM   #15 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Quote:
hey beyer hows the lugs holding up on the intense after riding on low snow? did you gear down at all? im ordering cobra or intense soon. seems theres good points between - not many bad things[/b]
The lugs look like brand new. There was a little fraying on the sides of the track but nothing that could be considered a problem. I did not gear down at all. I believe the track was only a pound heavier then the fusion stock track. The track really hooks up on the drifts and groomed trail. I am very very happy with it.

Robin get in the Batmobile
beyer_600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement