2006 Fusion Suspension Adjustment - Need help - HCS Snowmobile Forums

Fusion This is a brand-specific forum. Posts on this forum are assumed to be questions aimed at similar model owners, and are not looking for comments of a sarcastic or "bashing" nature. Please be aware that if you violate this policy you are in danger of losing your posting privileges on this website.The calling out or posting of another members personal information IE phone number or address is prohibited.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-21-2009, 12:52 PM   #1 (permalink)
Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2015 Polaris Indy SP ES
Previous Sled(s): 2010 Polaris IQ 600
Favorite Riding Area: Quebec
19-20 Mileage:
18-19 Mileage: 2850
Riding Since: 1968

I have had a 2006 Polaris Fusion 600 and have put 10,000 miles on it. I have struggled with this sled in the corners and know that I am not the only one. I know that some of you have put on 2007 or 2008 IQ skis on, but I am not about to put those big $$ in this sled at this time.

I am 250 pounds and have taken the limiter strap down one hole. I have messed with the front ski shock to pre-load the skis or loosen them up when the trails are white concrete. I am still skid steering in the turns and would like to level out the turn. My next go is to tighten the front rear Fox gas shock to pull the center of the sled down to make it steer better.

Any other suggestions. I am getting too old to throw this thing around. My brother has a 2007 IQ and that sled turns great...

Blues Brother is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-21-2009, 06:09 PM   #2 (permalink)
Advanced Member

I have a 700 fusion and i too could not get it to turn, after fighting with for two years i broke down and bought a set of slydogs, and add 8 " carbides, now I'am on rails . now my sled is what polaris should have build. I have tried every thing else and the only thing that made a difference for me was the slydogs. So thats my advice. good luck.
pyeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 06:18 PM   #3 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2015 XF8000LXR
Previous Sled(s): 92,93,94,95,96,97,02,03,04,06, polaris's
Favorite Riding Area: On Snow
19-20 Mileage:
18-19 Mileage: 1100
Riding Since: 1991

Get 08 spindles or the hrp spindles from Slp. It changes the castor angle and move the pivot point forward.

alsled is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-21-2009, 07:59 PM   #4 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2006 Polaris Dragon 600 HO
Favorite Riding Area: Anywhere in the mountains

PAIR OF SLYDOG's....BEST BY FAR!!!!

I have the powderhounds, turns on a dime all the time..
SLP PIPE and CAN
5" Block Riser
1 3/8" Quiet Track
22/40 gearing,
410 mains, 50pilots, 1.0 paj
Slydog Powder Hounds skiis with 7.5" Shapers
Skinz Console Knee Pads

*Check out
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- we sell & repair Polaris sleds, and do seat recovering better than factory.
Curt_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 09:08 PM   #5 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Favorite Riding Area: Northern Lower and UP
Riding Since: 1969

Can you be a little more specific regarding the exact problem you are struggling with? Where are you at with the preload on the front skid and ski springs (both)? What are you using for carbides?
michahicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 01:38 AM   #6 (permalink)
Mr. Part Time-On Line

Quote:
I have a 700 fusion and i too could not get it to turn, after fighting with for two years i broke down and bought a set of slydogs, and add 8 " carbides, now I'am on rails . now my sled is what polaris should have build. I have tried every thing else and the only thing that made a difference for me was the slydogs. So thats my advice. good luck.[/b]

Quote:
PAIR OF SLYDOG's....BEST BY FAR!!!!

I have the powderhounds, turns on a dime all the time..[/b]

X2 on both.......... You can spend money on spindles, but the stock skis are still crap......... Slydogs are superior and worth every cent.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 08:19 AM   #7 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Keep hearing Slydogs is the answer for heavy steering, so I bought a set. I think they helped, but thinking that money may have been better spent on later spindles and skis. Stock ski designs not all that bad for my riding.
Old 02-22-2009, 08:41 AM   #8 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2015 XF8000LXR
Previous Sled(s): 92,93,94,95,96,97,02,03,04,06, polaris's
Favorite Riding Area: On Snow
19-20 Mileage:
18-19 Mileage: 1100
Riding Since: 1991

Quote:
Keep hearing Slydogs is the answer for heavy steering, so I bought a set. I think they helped, but thinking that money may have been better spent on later spindles and skis. Stock ski designs not all that bad for my riding.[/b]

Other Al how are you.

When you look at a slp slt ski they have 2 sets of mounting holes. Moving the ski forward makes the sled turn easier, faster, more responsive. Moving the ski back makes it turn slower, less responsive, harder. Basically the way the ski leads the sled.

As you know I'm building a 06 IQ, I won't even bother tring the stock spindles, The hrp or 08 spindles for you would be the way to go if you like your stock skis.

I run slp slt skis with the ski forward and 10'' of carbide. The design of this ski eliminates darting and steers easy and bites.

So stock skis with the different spindle would be your best bet for sure if you like the stock ski.

Its probably about 1.5''.

Al

alsled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 11:54 AM   #9 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2014 900 Renegade
Previous Sled(s): 2006 600 Fusion
Riding Since: 1974

I picked up an 06 Fusion 600 HO this winter. The previous owner had drilled new mounting holes in the skis behind the existing holes. He claimed that the new mounting holes were comparable to the 2007's. I have no complaints about how mine steers, although it would be interesting to compare it to something newer.
Super Sport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 08:32 PM   #10 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Quote:
Other Al how are you.

When you look at a slp slt ski they have 2 sets of mounting holes. Moving the ski forward makes the sled turn easier, faster, more responsive. Moving the ski back makes it turn slower, less responsive, harder. Basically the way the ski leads the sled.

As you know I'm building a 06 IQ, I won't even bother tring the stock spindles, The hrp or 08 spindles for you would be the way to go if you like your stock skis.

I run slp slt skis with the ski forward and 10'' of carbide. The design of this ski eliminates darting and steers easy and bites.

So stock skis with the different spindle would be your best bet for sure if you like the stock ski.

Its probably about 1.5''.

Al[/b]
Al/other Al, that's my point. IF Blues Brother's problems lay in heavy steering (he hasn't even told us that for sure!) saying my money spent on Sly Dogs may have been better spent going with new spindles. That is working towards fixing the problem, not throwing a band aid on it. Next pair of aftermarket skis I buy WILL have adjustable mounting position. We're in agreement (for a change). Life is good. -Al
Sponsored Links
Advertisement