Oil in mag side - HCS Snowmobile Forums

Fusion This is a brand-specific forum. Posts on this forum are assumed to be questions aimed at similar model owners, and are not looking for comments of a sarcastic or "bashing" nature. Please be aware that if you violate this policy you are in danger of losing your posting privileges on this website.The calling out or posting of another members personal information IE phone number or address is prohibited.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-16-2019, 06:23 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Oil in mag side

I'm doin a top end on my 06 600. When I got the sled it had low comp on the mag side. Upon tearing it down I find a little bit of oil in the bottom of the case on the mag side. Prior to tearing it down it had been sitting for about two weeks. There's mabey a tablespoon of oil down in there and none on the pto side. I'm thinking the oil pump is shot but wanted to get some feedback on here before I order one. Thanks guys.
Bird_is_the_word is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-16-2019, 06:52 PM   #2 (permalink)

Well upon further investigation it seems to be more gas than anything. I'm wondering if this coule be caused from the tempaflow unit that wasn't hooked up correctly. I was told in a previous post that if it wasn't hooked up correctly the sled would run like 4-5 jet sizes rich. Also I coule have a bad needle seat or stuck chicken possibly?
Bird_is_the_word is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 09:13 PM   #3 (permalink)
Administrator

Current Sled(s): 2015 RMK 800
Previous Sled(s): 600 H.O. Fusion

Leaking needle/seat o-ring. Very common. Mine has the same issue unless I shut the fuel off and let it run the float bowls down. Iíve get to get my carbs off and get mine replaced. Ethanol blended fuels are hell on the o-rings in these carbs.
sayatodaU.P.eh? is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement