Hardcore Sledder banner

What needs new 05 fusion 900

745 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Snowman9999 
#1 ·
So I had a issue DET light came on engine over heated so I killed it let it cool 2 months later I’m getting at it I tore into it and pulled the engine out took the head off and rings are melted in places also I leaked coolant ( when it happened) compeatly out and oil and antifreeze everywhere on everything digging itto removing engine I couldn’t pinpoint where leaks were coming from took the jugs off and looked. Inside bout have filled with oil so I turned it upside down and let it run out cleNed it back up. Now should I put some more 2 stoke oil back in it? What should be in the case if anything? Took water pump off and inspected everything looks ok on the back of impeller it look like it’s been rubbing but I put it back together cleaned all the oil outta there from where it ran in noticed all my coolant hoses are weak like soft on one side thinking hit coolant started melting it thing that I’m wondering is my sled didn’t say t was iverheating just DET light came on and ran like sh*t until I killed it cause it was smoking so bad o now I’m jut wondering what I should replace when reassembling my pistons and cylinders look good I got a gasket kit so I’ll replace all those I’m just wondering about the coolant leaking what to look for and steps to get it back up running without it happening again

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.