0627-047 Belt Options? - Page 2 - HCS Snowmobile Forums

Sno Pro Chassis Pre-2012 This is a brand-specific forum. Posts on this forum are assumed to be questions aimed at similar model owners, and are not looking for comments of a sarcastic or "bashing" nature. Please be aware that if you violate this policy you are in danger of losing your posting privileges on this website.The calling out or posting of another members personal information IE phone number or address is prohibited.

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-14-2020, 12:34 PM   #11 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): SP500, SKS, Polaris 340 & 700 Classic

[QUOTE=Crnr2Crnr;20388970]Thanks for the feedback Bang. Get some miles on this year?

Zero miles so far but we're heading north tonight and the trails in our area are finally open so we'll get a few in.

The shocks I got from you last year are working nice BTW. Although I'm still undecided about the lower rate front ski spring. It definitely sits lower and helps with cornering but they bottom a lot easier on bigger hits. I may switch back.

The rears are great except I bumped the fitting loose on the remote reservoir and it leaked a bit. I suppose there was nitrogen in there? Anyway, I'll ship them off to Hygear in the summer.

Last edited by Bang!; 02-14-2020 at 12:45 PM.
Bang! is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-14-2020, 12:52 PM   #12 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): Green one's with Suzuki engines
Previous Sled(s): Green, Blue & Yellow
Favorite Riding Area: Wouldn't you like to know?
Riding Since: 70's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bang! View Post
Zero miles so far but we're heading north tonight and the trails in our area are finally open so we'll get a few in.

The shocks I got from you last year are working nice BTW. Although I'm still undecided about the lower rate front ski spring. It definitely sits lower and helps with corning but they bottom a lot easier on bigger hits. I may switch back.

The rears are great except I bumped the fitting loose on the remote reservoir and it leaked a bit. I suppose there was nitrogen in there? Anyway, I'll ship them off to Hygear in the summer.
Good to hear on the shocks. I've run the green front springs and Carver shocks valved specifically for them on my stock sled for two seasons now (couple thousand miles) and I prefer them on chatter, cornering and for general riding but our trails are generally groomed very well locally so there's not a lot of mogul mashing to deal with. I am also still using the sway bar. Can't say that I've ever bottomed them that I recall, but if I get time today I'll check the measured/installed height they are set at currently and edit this post.

Have fun riding!

edit: I have the green springs set at 11-3/4" as installed height.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Crnr2Crnr; 02-14-2020 at 03:40 PM.
Crnr2Crnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 01:03 PM   #13 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Dayco
XTX5056
XTX5038
XTX5024
XTX5034 longer and wider than stock.

Gates
43G4289
49C4266

Not sure on those new Gboost belts. Might look into that too.

I run the original -066 belt on my 600, but that was a 1 year deal. I have a quite a few of them so i will keep running them. After that, probably try that XTX5034.

Old 02-14-2020, 01:10 PM   #14 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast 440 View Post
Dayco XTX5034 longer and wider than stock.

I run the original -066 belt on my 600, but that was a 1 year deal. I have a quite a few of them so i will keep running them. After that, probably try that XTX5034.
what would be the advantage of the longer/wider belt?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 02-14-2020, 01:13 PM   #15 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

I dont exactly know how it works, but when the R-XC went to the idler bearing primary, they went to a longer and wider belt. It seemed to really help those. I figured it would help any sled? Maybe i am wrong.
Old 02-14-2020, 03:11 PM   #16 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast 440 View Post
I dont exactly know how it works, but when the R-XC went to the idler bearing primary, they went to a longer and wider belt. It seemed to really help those. I figured it would help any sled? Maybe i am wrong.
idk either?

no belt deflection adjustment on the secondary?
https://www.snowest.com/forum/thread...clutch.430898/

Old 02-14-2020, 04:21 PM   #17 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 8000 high country, SnoPro 500, zr900
Previous Sled(s): many cats
Favorite Riding Area: Northern MN

I think the 066 is what came on my z1 turbo and those were upgraded to the 073 which was supposed to be better and more durable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crnr2Crnr View Post
idk either?

no belt deflection adjustment on the secondary?
https://www.snowest.com/forum/thread...clutch.430898/
Not on sleds with the bearing primary. The secondary closes as tight as it can. This keeps the belt tight for a better smoother take off with a slightly lower gear ratio too. I think all 18+ sleds got the bearing in the primary it's a good idea.
mnstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 06:02 PM   #18 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnstang View Post
Not on sleds with the bearing primary. The secondary closes as tight as it can. This keeps the belt tight for a better smoother take off with a slightly lower gear ratio too. I think all 18+ sleds got the bearing in the primary it's a good idea.
I forgot about that innovation. While riding Greg's RR the engagement seemed low and buttery smooth, the polar opposite of our S/P's which bang into engagement. Would assume your High Country is the same.

Old 02-14-2020, 08:46 PM   #19 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): r and a hacked togeather Snopro
Previous Sled(s): Xf700, F7sp, F5, ZLs,Zrs, Ext, Jags, el tigre
Favorite Riding Area: Back home In the Yoop
Riding Since: 1988

For performance the 047 is only good for about 300 before it goes to shit for up shift. The 076 will last 3 times that. I am talking actual performance not how long before the fails. I blew a 47 around 1500. The 76 I ran for a lot more miles with out an issue
Greg B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 02:10 AM   #20 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 8000 high country, SnoPro 500, zr900
Previous Sled(s): many cats
Favorite Riding Area: Northern MN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crnr2Crnr View Post
I forgot about that innovation. While riding Greg's RR the engagement seemed low and buttery smooth, the polar opposite of our S/P's which bang into engagement. Would assume your High Country is the same.
Probably more so because of the lower gearing. That primary really is nice when off trail putsing through tight trails and brushy areas like I did alot of today. Very controllable.

Maybe I'll try the 076 next in 500. Greg do you know if clutching will need to be changed for that belt compared to the 047?
mnstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement