Flo Rites in Dash - HCS Snowmobile Forums

Rush/Switchback (Pro-Ride Chassis) This is a brand-specific forum and a 100% NO BASH Zone. Posts on this forum are assumed to be questions aimed at similar model owners, and are not looking for comments of a sarcastic or "bashing" nature. Please be aware that if you violate this policy you are in danger of losing your posting privileges on this website.The calling out or posting of another members personal information IE phone number or address is prohibited.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-10-2019, 10:37 AM   #1 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2013 Rush Pro R 800 retro 2001 XCSP 700
19-20 Mileage:
18-19 Mileage: 1400
17-18 Mileage: 1200
16-17 Mileage: 1000
Default Flo Rites in Dash

Anyone add flo Rites in the dash area in front of the gauge? Instead of using Slp's high flow intake set up. I thought about using it, but it's to intrusive, it blocks the gauge, and you have to hack to much of the dash area. But a couple strategic flo rights, wouldn't block the gauge, as they lay flat, and should add air flow. Combined with the shelf mod, should be worth a decent gain?
Frankie406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-10-2019, 11:35 AM   #2 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2020 SBA 850
Previous Sled(s): 12SWB600 09D8 05XC800 00XC500
Favorite Riding Area: UP and N. WI
Riding Since: 1984

Flo rites should work fine. I did the shelf mod on my 600 pro r. Noticably more intake noise. Gains? Not sure if any? Might be better on the 800.

I&M Trailblazers Snowmobile Club member
Channahon, IL
1fastpolaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 11:40 AM   #3 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 05 600 xcsp 50th
Previous Sled(s): All of the big 4
Favorite Riding Area: Ma.
19-20 Mileage:
18-19 Mileage: not much
Riding Since: 70 s

Depend whether engine mods have been done to gain any benefit from installing flow rites. On a stock motor the stock air box is fine, its resonance tuned for max performance. Its when you do porting, add bigger carbs, v force reeds, and pipes flow rites are needed.
too slow is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-10-2019, 01:21 PM   #4 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

19-20 Mileage:

Quote:
Originally Posted by too slow View Post
Depend whether engine mods have been done to gain any benefit from installing flow rites. On a stock motor the stock air box is fine, its resonance tuned for max performance. Its when you do porting, add bigger carbs, v force reeds, and pipes flow rites are needed.
I have a shim, and vforce 3 r reeds, and will have a power commander for this winter. A small chance a pipe or Dynoport Y pipe. Also doing the ves solenoid delete, and try some pink springs. Would think improved air flow potential into the engine could help. I realize 2-3 hp is virtually un noticable by seat of the pants, but added altogether, every little bit helps. And it might add a sled length in a drag race over a distance.
Old 07-10-2019, 05:32 PM   #5 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

19-20 Mileage:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie406 View Post
I have a shim, and vforce 3 r reeds, and will have a power commander for this winter. A small chance a pipe or Dynoport Y pipe. Also doing the ves solenoid delete, and try some pink springs. Would think improved air flow potential into the engine could help. I realize 2-3 hp is virtually un noticable by seat of the pants, but added altogether, every little bit helps. And it might add a sled length in a drag race over a distance.
In your case you'd need to try it and see. You can likely see a 2-3 hp variation between dyno pulls alone just changing plugs or the 2 stroke oil used, so you'd want to see more meaningful dyno pulls. Unless you, or someone is a very experienced tuner, your best off leaving the sled stock and work on traction, gear, and clutching depending what conditions you will run.
Old 07-11-2019, 06:22 AM   #6 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

the stock air filters if you want to call them that, are very restrictive. any amount of snow on them and air flow suffers. we see this with RMK's bogging etc. is the result. we thought something else was going on. nope that was it. we removed the foam just leaving the fine screen and added flow rites. that made a big difference. no bogging after the mod. while maybe the stock set-up is fine. it's not when any snow gets on them. more air won't hurt. we don't like the SLP set-up for the pro-ride. the axys one is fine and we use them a lot. so yes we have used flow rites on the pro chassis a number of times.

and yes it's all the little things that add up to make more power. the air box mod. a lone makes 2-4 h.p. depending on the sled. 600/800

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Northstar Performance Products
Stage 1,2,3 clutch kits
Oil tank vent kits
Doo T-Stat bypass kits
Rush/Axys A-Arm bushing kits
550 fan upgrade kit

Our products have been race tested and proven all across North America!

Authorized dealer for
SLP
RK-Tek
WPS
US Chrome
Thunder Products
Automatic Distributors
Venom/Team Ind.
Redline Oil
Klotz Racing Synthetics
K100
northstarrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 07:31 AM   #7 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 17 rush prox
Previous Sled(s): xlt ultra xcr 800 04prox
Riding Since: ween

years ago i had some screens made by frog skinz is that what is now the flow rites or do they still go by frog skinz as stated i had snow dust issues making motor bog when getting off trail or breaking trail these resolved that problem
trottlejo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 08:19 AM   #8 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

19-20 Mileage:

Quote:
Originally Posted by northstarrick View Post
the stock air filters if you want to call them that, are very restrictive. any amount of snow on them and air flow suffers. we see this with RMK's bogging etc. is the result. we thought something else was going on. nope that was it. we removed the foam just leaving the fine screen and added flow rites. that made a big difference. no bogging after the mod. while maybe the stock set-up is fine. it's not when any snow gets on them. more air won't hurt. we don't like the SLP set-up for the pro-ride. the axys one is fine and we use them a lot. so yes we have used flow rites on the pro chassis a number of times.

and yes it's all the little things that add up to make more power. the air box mod. a lone makes 2-4 h.p. depending on the sled. 600/800
If you ride mostly off trail or powder yeah, definitely install flow rites, but if your on groomed trail all the time, you don't need them for a stock sled. As far as the 2-4 hp gains, you'll never feel or see it, plus you can see those gains alone justl by installing new plugs. Dyno's can have variations between pulls so seeing a 2-3 hp gain isn't that unusual.
Old 07-11-2019, 08:49 AM   #9 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

19-20 Mileage:

As far as feeling 2-4 hp, if a pipe gains 5 or 6, you feel that and it shows up in lengths in a race against the same sled. So, for the dollar, it's a great gain. Say, shim, reeds, shelf mod and some flo rites, all fine tuned with a Power commander, would be a noticeable gain, all enhanced by gearing and a good clutch set up, should be a dramatic difference.

Kinda wishing I would have got the Rev 2 kit from Rk Tek now. I think I would do that instead of a pipe/y pipe. If I got a pipe, I think I would give the DynoPort set up a shot. He doesn't claim big numbers, but I believe they are real. I think Rich Daily is a straight shooter, and doesn't bs.

As far as not modifying and leaving it stock, it's tough. I build performance and racing engines for a living, and do related machine work, etc, so, I have an above average idea of what is required, and how to make it all work, and I have a couple friends that specialize in the sled stuff too, not going at it blindly here. But, I do know what your saying, the further away from stock you deviate, the less reliable and more potential headaches you can create. But, I think everything I am doing, actually makes them more reliable.
Old 07-11-2019, 09:12 AM   #10 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

19-20 Mileage:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie406 View Post
As far as feeling 2-4 hp, if a pipe gains 5 or 6, you feel that and it shows up in lengths in a race against the same sled. So, for the dollar, it's a great gain. Say, shim, reeds, shelf mod and some flo rites, all fine tuned with a Power commander, would be a noticeable gain, all enhanced by gearing and a good clutch set up, should be a dramatic difference.

Kinda wishing I would have got the Rev 2 kit from Rk Tek now. I think I would do that instead of a pipe/y pipe. If I got a pipe, I think I would give the DynoPort set up a shot. He doesn't claim big numbers, but I believe they are real. I think Rich Daily is a straight shooter, and doesn't bs.

As far as not modifying and leaving it stock, it's tough. I build performance and racing engines for a living, and do related machine work, etc, so, I have an above average idea of what is required, and how to make it all work, and I have a couple friends that specialize in the sled stuff too, not going at it blindly here. But, I do know what your saying, the further away from stock you deviate, the less reliable and more potential headaches you can create. But, I think everything I am doing, actually makes them more reliable.
Yeah, rich daily is a straight shooter. Whatever his findings you can pretty much believe it. Heck i even was going to have him build a lightweight can for my 95 xcr that had a lot of mods at the time while using the stock pipe. He advised me not to, saying he had to build it loud in order to work with the engine mods. I stuck with making the stock exhaust can work. I thought rich was a ski-doo man. I can vouch for his pipes when i had ktm bikes, they worked well for our new england conditions pumping out good useable power..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement