Flo Rites in Dash - Page 2 - HCS Snowmobile Forums

Rush/Switchback (Pro-Ride Chassis) This is a brand-specific forum and a 100% NO BASH Zone. Posts on this forum are assumed to be questions aimed at similar model owners, and are not looking for comments of a sarcastic or "bashing" nature. Please be aware that if you violate this policy you are in danger of losing your posting privileges on this website.The calling out or posting of another members personal information IE phone number or address is prohibited.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-11-2019, 09:55 AM   #11 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2020 SBA 850
Previous Sled(s): 12SWB600 09D8 05XC800 00XC500
Favorite Riding Area: UP and N. WI
Riding Since: 1984

You're exactly right Frankie. The mods you have on your sled, I think I've read all your posts, are what I would call optimizing the factory setup. You should have a great running reliable setup. I wouldn't hesitate adding the flowrites or some frogskin material. A fuel controller will bring it all together.

I&M Trailblazers Snowmobile Club member
Channahon, IL
1fastpolaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-12-2019, 06:45 AM   #12 (permalink)
Banned

we mod. every sled we get. bolt on mostly. and all these little mods make a huge difference. the best thing anyone can do is make sure everything is straight and true. balance everything that spins. the clutch would be #1 these can be way off. we see it all the time. and when every piece is balanced you don't have to worry about aligning it. shim your drive clutch to the belt you use. we run .005 clutch to belt clearance with a new belt. because theses wear in and them become .010-.020. make sure your drive shaft is straight to the tunnel and chain case. run your track loser than the factory spec. but don't over do it or you lose performance. same with the chain. the biggest gain on our pro-stock sled was using ceramic bearings. on ice we push the sled by the handle bars to the line. it's just like it has wheels on it. we are big fans of making a stock sled better. and it pays off. we win or run up front everytime we go racing. and put our stock sled in mod. classes and are still competitive.

so yes all these little things make a big difference in the end. our 18 assault pulled 158 h.p. three back to back pulls no pipe no motor mods at all. and i don't care about feeling h.p. we see it on timers. even 2 h.p. so every gain is a gain.
northstarrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 08:43 AM   #13 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 05 600 xcsp 50th
Previous Sled(s): All of the big 4
Favorite Riding Area: Ma.
18-19 Mileage not much
15-16 Mileage: Zero
Riding Since: 70 s

I found shimming a clutch to .010'' is a bit extreme...have had belt issues when switching. When installing some new belts they don't have enough clearance. Max i go with is 015'', .020'' is always safe.
too slow is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-12-2019, 04:45 PM   #14 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2013 Rush Pro R 800 retro 2001 XCSP 700
18-19 Mileage 1400
17-18 Mileage: 1200
16-17 Mileage: 1000

I might try stuffing this in it. Think it will fit? J/K. This is the kind of stuff I work on.
Frankie406 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 07:27 AM   #15 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by too slow View Post
I found shimming a clutch to .010'' is a bit extreme...have had belt issues when switching. When installing some new belts they don't have enough clearance. Max i go with is 015'', .020'' is always safe.

on our pro-stock. if we get it to the final with .005-.010 clearance we tighten it up to 0. it's made the difference in our wallet or putting back into the trailer. this always improves the 60' time. and in very close racing it's hard to get back by someone in 500' but it's hard on the belt and clutch heat. that's why we wait to the money run to do this.
Old 07-13-2019, 07:48 AM   #16 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

18-19 Mileage not much

Quote:
Originally Posted by northstarrick View Post
on our pro-stock. if we get it to the final with .005-.010 clearance we tighten it up to 0. it's made the difference in our wallet or putting back into the trailer. this always improves the 60' time. and in very close racing it's hard to get back by someone in 500' but it's hard on the belt and clutch heat. that's why we wait to the money run to do this.
How its changed. Back in the day with our piston port 650 wedge pro stocks we ran at least .060'' belt /sheave clearance with those high engagements to pinch the belt leaving the line. Tried those lower clearance amounts, and it'd smoke the belt. At that time our guys didn't lose very many races over a few years with that much clearance. As far as these case reed trail sleds go, i like to stick to around .020'' or a bit less. You have less hassles, and a smooth working clutch
Old 07-14-2019, 08:20 AM   #17 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by too slow View Post
How its changed. Back in the day with our piston port 650 wedge pro stocks we ran at least .060'' belt /sheave clearance with those high engagements to pinch the belt leaving the line. Tried those lower clearance amounts, and it'd smoke the belt. At that time our guys didn't lose very many races over a few years with that much clearance. As far as these case reed trail sleds go, i like to stick to around .020'' or a bit less. You have less hassles, and a smooth working clutch
911 cover with adjuster. to much belt clearance and you jump the belt up the drive clutch. @ 7500 rpm engagement this would bog like a bitch. timers don't lye. our sled has done 4.89 @ 99 mph in 500'. and has beat 800 pro-stock sleds. Nate McCoy motor jaws pipes. pretty impressive for a short stroke 600 ves.
Old 07-14-2019, 08:39 AM   #18 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

18-19 Mileage not much

Quote:
Originally Posted by northstarrick View Post
911 cover with adjuster. to much belt clearance and you jump the belt up the drive clutch. @ 7500 rpm engagement this would bog like a bitch. timers don't lye. our sled has done 4.89 @ 99 mph in 500'. and has beat 800 pro-stock sleds. Nate McCoy motor jaws pipes. pretty impressive for a short stroke 600 ves.
You can't compare those old piston port fuji triples with the liberty case reed twins...different animal. The only good thing about those old piston port motors is they could turn some good rpms quick.
The liberty 600 twin was an overachiever when it came about, and it still performs well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement