Renegade 1200 evaluations - Page 2 - HCS Snowmobile Forums

4-TEC / Ace 4 Strokes This is a brand-specific forum. Posts on this forum are assumed to be questions aimed at similar model owners, and are not looking for comments of a sarcastic or "bashing" nature. Please be aware that if you violate this policy you are in danger of losing your posting privileges on this website.The calling out or posting of another members personal information IE phone number or address is prohibited.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-02-2010, 01:27 AM   #11 (permalink)
Advanced Member

Quote:
This is the 4tec forum,,its a four stroke[/b]
I apologize for not being clear, what I meant was that I would only consider 4 stroke sleds from any manufacturer, Ski-d00 included. My reliability statement was directed at 2 srokes in general. I like what I have seen and researched to date on the Renegade 1200, I'm staying away from disposable two strokes. By the time the payment plan is over the engine is in need of rebuild or has been rebuilt multiple times already.
e-z ryder_101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-02-2010, 10:32 AM   #12 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Ahh gotcha,sorry for the mix up.
Your sentiments in your last post are the reason I changed to four stroke as well.
4 stroke technology isnt going away,,,and as a matter of fact,,its two stroke that will be a thing of the past in the not to distant future.
This 1200 gade is likely the best sled ive owned
vinceostapowich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 11:46 AM   #13 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2017 Yamaha Sidewinder LTX-LE
Previous Sled(s): Many! The latest 2014 Doo/Turbo XR1200
Favorite Riding Area: UP of MI, North MN
Riding Since: 1972

I've been on Yamaha Four-strokes since 2003 and I'll never go back to a two-stroke!

I can't even count the number of Attaks and RX-1's Iv'e owned. Stock and turboed. I tried a turbo Z1 last year and hated it, it was just never fast enough for the power it produced at the crank. Other issues I won't get into as well. I would consider myself a Yamaha guy if anything.

I have now purchased a Ski-Doo XR 1200 Renegade for this season and added a Full Power Performance turbo system to it. It has won me over real fast! I have to say it is without a doubt, the absolute best machine I have ever ridden on the trail. Words just cant describe how well the machine works! I have everything dialed in already and am a very tough guy to impress and please, but this package is the one that does it for me. The XR1200 is a real home run!
KnappAttack is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-02-2010, 11:50 AM   #14 (permalink)
Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 09 1200 Renegade
Previous Sled(s): `08 FX Nytro Rtx
Riding Since: 1974

Quote:
This 1200 gade is likely the best sled ive owned[/b]
I have to agree with you, this is the best sled I have owned as well.

The only complaints I have are the lack of a drain plug for the chain case and the QRS set up is not the friendliest to work on either, but these are just minor inconveniences compared to the long list I had for my my FX Nytro. The smooth power, awesome ride & handling and the fun factor more than make up for them.
6-8.25 adjustable Rox riser
Straightline Performance silencer
PB80 with Cudney Setup
nytro b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 12:27 PM   #15 (permalink)
Advanced Member

Seems like the Renegade 1200 is a quiet home run for Ski-doo. BRP may have to gaaet a little more aggressive marketing this sled and offer other 4 stroke displacement variations. What two stroke lovers fail to understand is that 2 strokes are viewed as evil, polluting devices by the non-riding public and politicians/activists. It is not so much that they really pollute, its the perception that they do. What happened with motocross bikes is ecactly what may happen with sleds. Dirt bikers were losing access to riding areas because their bikes were perceived as environmentally unfriendly so began the push to 4 strokes. Also, manufacturers development funds are being scaled back, they may not have the resources to develop both 2 and 4 strokes, one of the designs may have to make room for the other.
e-z ryder_101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 05:37 PM   #16 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2014 900 Renegade
Previous Sled(s): 2010 GSX 1200
Favorite Riding Area: Quebec
Riding Since: 1968

I have about 500 miles on my 2010 GSX1200se, this may be the best trail sled i have ever owned. I usually do about 4000 miles a year, mostly in Canada, so a 4 stroke was in the future for me. I was always a Polaris owner, mostly with M10 rear suspension. and this sled gives up nothing to the M10. After a few days of riding this sled, I cant find too much I would change on it. Best sled out of the box I have ever owned, and I have been doing this for about 30 years. If you have any questions about the gsx PM me. Steve
800steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 09:26 PM   #17 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2011 TNT 550.
Previous Sled(s): 07 Phazer
Favorite Riding Area: Suring Wi, north.
Riding Since: 1976

Everything sounds great, as expected, so far. Acouple more questions, belt life. How many miles are you guys getting so far? And what is the air rear skid in the one GSX model? Does it work that much better? Will it last as long as a traditional shocked skid? Hate to have a great motor and chassis and have to replace a bunch of air ride stuff, or convert it over. I'm really liking what i'm hearing so far. I too would be interested in a smaller displacement 4 stroke, but if this one is proven, why chance a new model design i guess.
spike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 10:28 PM   #18 (permalink)
Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 09 1200 Renegade
Previous Sled(s): `08 FX Nytro Rtx
Riding Since: 1974

Quote:
Everything sounds great, as expected, so far. Acouple more questions, belt life. How many miles are you guys getting so far? And what is the air rear skid in the one GSX model? Does it work that much better? Will it last as long as a traditional shocked skid? Hate to have a great motor and chassis and have to replace a bunch of air ride stuff, or convert it over. I'm really liking what i'm hearing so far. I too would be interested in a smaller displacement 4 stroke, but if this one is proven, why chance a new model design i guess.[/b]
1400 miles on my gade ... original belt, no slippage & clutches run cool ... a buddy put 3500 miles on his original belt (09 gade as well) and still good, changed it just because it seemed like time to do so.
6-8.25 adjustable Rox riser
Straightline Performance silencer
PB80 with Cudney Setup
nytro b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 10:59 PM   #19 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2011 TNT 550.
Previous Sled(s): 07 Phazer
Favorite Riding Area: Suring Wi, north.
Riding Since: 1976

That's fine, just heard some talk of 800s wrecking there belts in less then a thousand miles. 2000 mi would be fine with me.
spike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 07:27 PM   #20 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

I was to Quebec last week and put about 800 miles on the new 1200 Gade. I am very impressed an excellent working machine. It does not feel heavy at all for a 4 stroke. It is very torquey (sp) if I was to describe it, the ride and handling are excellent. The fuel mileage was improving slightly with each fill up, I am not sure where that will end up, I don't believe the engine is totally broke in at 800 miles.

[attachment=610111:Gaspesie...7_09_020.jpg]

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Gaspesie_December_27_09_020.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	2.19 MB
ID:	416687  
Advertisement