Mxz X 600 etec clutch noise - HCS Snowmobile Forums

XP/XR/XS New Style MXZ This is a brand-specific forum. Posts on this forum are assumed to be questions aimed at similar model owners, and are not looking for comments of a sarcastic or "bashing" nature. Please be aware that if you violate this policy you are in danger of losing your posting privileges on this website.The calling out or posting of another members personal information IE phone number or address is prohibited.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-24-2019, 02:13 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Mxz X 600 etec clutch noise

I am new to this group so hopefully ive made it to the right place.. i recently have bought a 2012 mxzx 600 etec and a few days ago took it for the first ride, once i got 20 miles or so i noticed that as soon as the clutch engages there is a chirp like noise.. my first thought was that it was the belt so i went ahead and changed it and the noise was still there.. so i took off the belt all together and soon as the primary engages the noise was there, only for that split second then goes away.. doesnt seem to affect performance at all! If anyone has any ideas can you please let me know
Thanks!!
CivicSi14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-27-2019, 02:35 PM   #2 (permalink)
Advanced Member

Disassemble, clean, and inspect the clutches. Could just be dirty. I clean mine every year. I don’t put on enough miles to do it more than once a season.

But who knows maybe you’ll find the culprit when you disassemble. Measure the sliding sheave bushing ID to make sure that’s in spec.

Your secondary is different but the primary is essentially the same, probably won’t have a spring pushing on the buttons. Your secondary needs a special tool, I believe you can make it, but the whole jack shaft come out with it.

https://youtu.be/92C7CZuHe2I
500ssDoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement