Well Is Cat really done now? - Page 25 - HCS Snowmobile Forums

Like Tree302Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-13-2020, 11:05 PM   #241 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Favorite Riding Area: Iron Horse, Manitowash

Quote:
Originally Posted by krom View Post
its not etec
its tbi, the same tech the poolaiders and doo fanboi's bashed cat for using
it has no exhaust valves
no knock sensor,
no exhaust sensors
Who cares it's still a full size sled, I'm not paying 8 grand for a kids sled. My kids grown up anyway
dskofich and jdskycaster like this.
Szledhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-13-2020, 11:09 PM   #242 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 8000 high country, SnoPro 500, zr900
Previous Sled(s): many cats
Favorite Riding Area: Northern MN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Szledhead View Post
So Doo has the MXZ-600 Sport, it has ;
129 inch track instead of a 121 little guy track
a Etec600 fuel injected twin cylinder engine instead of a 400cc single with only 65 horse
Full size chassis and it costs (MSRP) $8,649
The Blast-ZR costs $7,695 (MSRP) but you don't get a full size sled.
We all know the Indy EVO costs $5,495 without a lotta suspension travel. Looking at it all I think Doo offers more because what your really after at an 8 grand price point is a full size sled, With a Blast, your not getting anything the other two give you.
What you numb skulls don't understand is the BLAST is it's own size and for many people it'll be the perfect size. Just because you don't want it doesn't mean others won't. For 7700 you get a brand new machine with e start, reverse, a tether lightweight and easy to handle, and from alot of people who have ridden it, a blast to ride.
Fuck even the Polaris sleds double the price don't come with tethers or e start, that shit is standard on all cats
mnstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 11:29 PM   #243 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Favorite Riding Area: Iron Horse, Manitowash

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnstang View Post
What you numb skulls don't understand is the BLAST is it's own size and for many people it'll be the perfect size. s
yes and I'm not the numbskul thats gonna pay 8 grand for a kids sled, them other people can
Szledhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 12:20 AM   #244 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2020 850 XC, RXL'S, Indy's
Previous Sled(s): 2019 850 XC 2017 & 2018 Assualt 2016 SB 2015 Axys SB
19-20 Mileage: 2982
18-19 Mileage: 3824
17-18 Mileage: 3802
16-17 Mileage: 2356

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Szledhead View Post
So Doo has the MXZ-600 Sport, it has ;
129 inch track instead of a 121 little guy track
a Etec600 fuel injected twin cylinder engine instead of a 400cc single with only 65 horse
Full size chassis and it costs (MSRP) $8,649
The Blast-ZR costs $7,695 (MSRP) but you don't get a full size sled.
We all know the Indy EVO costs $5,495 without a lotta suspension travel. Looking at it all I think Doo offers more because what your really after at an 8 grand price point is a full size sled, With a Blast, your not getting anything the other two give you.
What you numb skulls don't understand is the BLAST is it's own size and for many people it'll be the perfect size. Just because you don't want it doesn't mean others won't. For 7700 you get a brand new machine with e start, reverse, a tether lightweight and easy to handle, and from alot of people who have ridden it, a blast to ride.
Fuck even the Polaris sleds double the price don't come with tethers or e start, that shit is standard on all cats
So this is the market their targeting. Interesting. But it does have a tether and electric fuel gauge. Oh Ya
Attached Images

Doug S is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 12:36 AM   #245 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Quote:
What you numb skulls don't understand is the BLAST is it's own size and for many people it'll be the perfect size. Just because you don't want it doesn't mean others won't. For 7700 you get a brand new machine with e start, reverse, a tether lightweight and easy to handle,
You should check the spec sheet for the new Doo Sport MXZ. Comes with e-start, reverse, a tether, a decent windshield AND it's still lightweight at 437lbs with the 600cc EFI motor.

Also, that $7700 price you want to quote is the Spring Check price while the $8650 price is the MSRP for the Doo. MSRP for that cute little Blaster is actually $8K and if you add that fancy little adventure pack so you get at least some sort of a front bumper and a shield the MSRP jumps right up to $8455 and a check price of $8055.

Dealers will Spring check price that Doo Sport all day long for $8K. Price is a wash and the market will definitely determine how many want that starter chassis with 65HP vs a full size modern G4 chassis 85HP lightweight fun to ride sled that junior can actually grow into and still have some fun with when he reaches high school.

I actually thought the Blast had a chance of at least some level of success and now this new motor in Doo's latest chassis comes along. I still think the blast will sell but now limited to only those that just have to have cat sleds in the trailer.
dskofich and 1135 like this.

Last edited by jdskycaster; 02-14-2020 at 12:41 AM.
jdskycaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 08:20 AM   #246 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2017 Assault
Favorite Riding Area: Closest place with snow

In particular with no dealers network. New rider goes shopping and will see the Door but not the Cat. Doo sales person will have a hayday making fun of the Blast. It is now reduced to a baby toy for madcatters. Not what Cat needed. Doo is going for the jugular.
dskofich and jdskycaster like this.
Deephaven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 09:21 AM   #247 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): '14 XRS 797 ETEC
Previous Sled(s): '13 T'NT 594
Favorite Riding Area: NY
19-20 Mileage: 1,100
18-19 Mileage: 1,261
17-18 Mileage: 1,775
16-17 Mileage: 1,645
Riding Since: '73

I think the Blast is cool. I hope it sells well for Arctic Cat, although I think their price may steer buyers towards left-over Evos (there is a lot of them). And at this price and with only a pre-order option, I don't see Cat selling a lot of Blasts.

Did anyone see the SnowTrax TV Evo upgrade video? It'll be cheaper and faster to sell a Evo and get a bigger sled, than to convert an Evo into an Indy 550 when you need a "bigger" sled.

For a "low" price (by today's standards), the MXZ Sport G4 600 gives you a lot sled (85-hp liquid cooled, fuel injected 600 with electric start) for the money. I think the rental places are going to scoop up a lot of these and Ski-Doo will continue to grow their market share. Yeah, the MXZ Sport G4 600 is not as exciting as new Mach Z Turbo but BRP is about making money and market share, both where they are proven leaders.
dskofich, jdskycaster and Lid2 like this.
Trail Ryder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 09:23 AM   #248 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Riding Since: 1993

I'll preface with this: I'm as die hard of a Cat guy as any.

I've been extremely pleased with the performance of my 2 procross variants. They've been exceptionally reliable and stout performing. That said, you get to a certain point where no amount of refinements and incremental improvements are enough to justify spending $12+K on a new unit. At least not when the other OEMs continue to push the envelope with new chassis roll-outs. I have 0 issues with their new direct order business model, but we are now into the 10th year of the Procross chassis, and with changes in ownership, reductions in racing presence, etc., I have less and less reason to stay on a Cat than ever. The best companies continue to innovate and keep the pedal to the floor. I know Cat is capable but they need to show us. And soon.
Premium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 11:13 AM   #249 (permalink)
Advanced Member

Spot on Premium.
luke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 11:38 AM   #250 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deephaven View Post
In particular with no dealers network. New rider goes shopping and will see the Door but not the Cat. Doo sales person will have a hayday making fun of the Blast. It is now reduced to a baby toy for madcatters. Not what Cat needed. Doo is going for the jugular.
Have to agree with this and Cat/Textron deciding to announce the new 21' sled lineup really early looks like a dumb move at this point. They just gave their competition 4 extra months to tweak and massage their offers and most importantly calculate the best pricing strategy.

There is a reason the new Doo Sport models are priced exactly where they are and are right on top of the Blast pricing.

Credit does need to be given where it is due. Thanks Cat/Textron for providing plenty of time and runway for the competitors to match or better your offers. Perfect example of why it is good for everyone if they stay in business but man, they better get going on the innovation train or they just won't be around that much longer.
dskofich, Trail Ryder and F8HO like this.
jdskycaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement