Uh oh .... Cat 800 woes!! - Page 25 - HCS Snowmobile Forums

Like Tree190Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-21-2020, 09:22 AM   #241 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member
 
patrioticinnovations's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 14,980
Current Sled(s): 2015 AXYS Pr-S SB Ann 800, 2019 Indy 850.
Previous Sled(s): 2003 XCR 1100, 2000 XCR 800 turbo, 2005 Redline Revolt 800.
Location: SE Lower Michigan
Favorite Riding Area: Cadillac, Gaylord
19-20 Mileage: 505 so far
18-19 Mileage: 849
17-18 Mileage: 1280
16-17 Mileage: 1115
Riding Since: 1982
Default

I've tested many small lawnmower type engines for emissions. The emissions limits are based on hp/hr or Kilowatts/hr. Bigger engines normally have higher limits. One of the problem emissions for these engines is NOX emissions because as combustion temps rise, NOX goes up. This makes it harder to reduce HC emissions which are just unburned fuel. The leaner you try to run the engine, the hotter the combustion temps. One of the things we proved is that a more vaporized, faster burning, mixture reduces both HC and NOX. This is because the NOX emission is time based at temps above 2500 deg F. If you speed up combustion, you achieve big reductions in emissions. Most newer 4 and 2 stroke engines do this.

Here's a decent article from Snowgoer in 2006.

https://snowgoer.com/snowmobile-feat...missions/3156/
patrioticinnovations is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-21-2020, 09:32 AM   #242 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member
 
oldcrow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 2,093
Current Sled(s): 2020 ZR 8000 RR 137
Previous Sled(s): 2018 ZR 8000 RR 137 2014 ZR 6000 RR 129
Location: Central Minnesota
Favorite Riding Area: Northern MN
Default

Over 900 miles on my 2020 Cat 800,
No woes for me!!
Doug S, SShooterZ and snowcrazy1 like this.
__________________
Ski-Doo rider famous quotes:
"Why don't we slow the F??? down and get there 5 minutes later?"
"You got to stop every once in awhile and let everyone catch the F??? up"
"I didn't want to break my drive chain"
"It's the best sled I ever had" 15 miles later "The chain case blew up"
"I can't go over 60mph, my EGT's get too hot"
"Sold"
oldcrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 10:10 AM   #243 (permalink)
Super Admin
 
A05GSHO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 16,494
Current Sled(s): 2020 Indy XC 850 137
Previous Sled(s): Many Poo's & Doo's 1 POS Cat
Location: Southeast WI
Favorite Riding Area: Northeast WI, UP
19-20 Mileage: 1198.9
18-19 Mileage: 1470
17-18 Mileage: 684
16-17 Mileage: 694
Riding Since: 1968
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by catdog800 View Post
Pretty sad on this once great site is now where a good part of the content is from admins and moderators. It doesn't help when the comments are moronic...in fact this thread was started by a mod.... I find myself coming on here less and less....
It's the General Discussion Forum. If you don't have the hair on your ass to handle it stay in the litter box.
Tommcat and cfm like this.
__________________
RIP Cappy You Will Be Missed


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
A05GSHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 10:23 AM   #244 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member
 
oldcrow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 2,093
Current Sled(s): 2020 ZR 8000 RR 137
Previous Sled(s): 2018 ZR 8000 RR 137 2014 ZR 6000 RR 129
Location: Central Minnesota
Favorite Riding Area: Northern MN
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by A05GSHO View Post
It's the General Discussion Forum. If you don't have the hair on your ass to handle it stay in the litter box.
Nice garage ornament
__________________
Ski-Doo rider famous quotes:
"Why don't we slow the F??? down and get there 5 minutes later?"
"You got to stop every once in awhile and let everyone catch the F??? up"
"I didn't want to break my drive chain"
"It's the best sled I ever had" 15 miles later "The chain case blew up"
"I can't go over 60mph, my EGT's get too hot"
"Sold"
oldcrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 10:37 AM   #245 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 2,542
Current Sled(s): 2013 Rush Pro R 800 retro 2001 XCSP 700
Location: Mn
19-20 Mileage:
18-19 Mileage: 1400
17-18 Mileage: 1200
16-17 Mileage: 1000
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by catdog800 View Post
Pretty sad on this once great site is now where a good part of the content is from admins and moderators. It doesn't help when the comments are moronic...in fact this thread was started by a mod.... I find myself coming on here less and less....
Well, you know what, there is 1 moron left, and if he was gone, these threads would not exist. that's a FACT. 1 of the other morons was banned earlier in the season, and it DRAMATICALLY reduced these threads. Imagine if he was still here?
dskofich likes this.
Frankie406 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 10:49 AM   #246 (permalink)
Super Admin
 
A05GSHO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 16,494
Current Sled(s): 2020 Indy XC 850 137
Previous Sled(s): Many Poo's & Doo's 1 POS Cat
Location: Southeast WI
Favorite Riding Area: Northeast WI, UP
19-20 Mileage: 1198.9
18-19 Mileage: 1470
17-18 Mileage: 684
16-17 Mileage: 694
Riding Since: 1968
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie406 View Post
Well, you know what, there is 1 moron left, and if he was gone, these threads would not exist. that's a FACT. 1 of the other morons was banned earlier in the season, and it DRAMATICALLY reduced these threads. Imagine if he was still here?
His ban was lifted and has taken his ball and ran away.
__________________
RIP Cappy You Will Be Missed


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
A05GSHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 11:07 AM   #247 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member
 
2manytoyz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 689
Current Sled(s): XC 850,60th Indy800,ProS 600,Axys Assault 800
Previous Sled(s): Polaris, Doo, Cat ,Yammy 800CC +
Location: SE Michigan
19-20 Mileage:
18-19 Mileage: 1600
17-18 Mileage: 1250
16-17 Mileage: 1400
Age: ??
Riding Since: 1974
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by krom View Post
Better rethink who you call an idiot, after you learn to count... there are 27 posted in the screen shot



prob more since I took it
No-one can even read the screenshot you posted - Full of shit as always. Still 89 comments on that thread today and over 6000 members.. So you say 27.. I went back and recounted and came up with 19 - Still well below 1% that reported out of the 6000 plus members. You got no dog in the fight and continue to spin and deflect. Very sad you have to lie to become a member of a private group on FB dedicated to Axys 850 owners to spew, twist and and badmouth that brand.
dskofich likes this.
__________________
" MY SHITS FASTER THAN A CHEETAH ON COCAINE !"
2manytoyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 11:16 AM   #248 (permalink)
Moderator
 
Jerry 976's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 22,686
Location: Nun-Ya
19-20 Mileage: 54321
18-19 Mileage: 12345
17-18 Mileage: 54321
16-17 Mileage: 12345
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by catdog800 View Post
Pretty sad on this once great site is now where a good part of the content is from admins and moderators. It doesn't help when the comments are moronic...in fact this thread was started by a mod.... I find myself coming on here less and less....
So Mods & Admins are not allowed to "bash" snowmobile brands on here in the General Discussion Forum where pretty much every other thread is bashing something about snowmobiles, only members are allowed to bash things around here??? It's the General Discussion Forum and that's pretty much what happens in this forum, it's the same shit year after year all brands of snowmobiles suck when being discussed in this forum, it's just a matter of which member starts a thread about what brand in this forum. If you're looking for good info about any snowmobile this is the wrong forum for that, you've been around here long enough to know that or at least I think you would know?????


Name:  catdog.jpg
Views: 71
Size:  69.4 KB
Jerry 976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 11:22 AM   #249 (permalink)
Public Relations Officer
 
Zambroski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 15,058
Current Sled(s): 17 Cat SX
Previous Sled(s): Cat RR, Doo XRS
Location: Duluth, MN
Favorite Riding Area: MN North Shore
Age: 46
Riding Since: 1974
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by catdog800 View Post
Pretty sad on this once great site is now where a good part of the content is from admins and moderators. It doesn't help when the comments are moronic...in fact this thread was started by a mod.... I find myself coming on here less and less....
I don't have to tell you what the GDF is all about but, as mods, we all reserve the right to come in and bash and do regular stuff also. And, doing so, we all open ourselves up for anything and everything also. If you think one of us are using our "power" improperly to "one up" a situation, report it. We deal with each other in the back if that happens but, to make it seem like we aren't allowed to play in here also is short sighted. Come on man....get your head back in the game!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie406 View Post
Well, you know what, there is 1 moron left, and if he was gone, these threads would not exist. that's a FACT. 1 of the other morons was banned earlier in the season, and it DRAMATICALLY reduced these threads. Imagine if he was still here?
Stop your fucking whining. If you don't like what goes on in here, leave. If you need constant validation for your brand choice, it's nobody's problem but yours. I guess we should all feel sorry for you that you picked your brand because you thought everyone JUST KNEW IT WAS THE BEST!
And this VVVVVVVVVVVV

Quote:
Originally Posted by A05GSHO View Post
It's the General Discussion Forum. If you don't have the hair on your ass to handle it stay in the litter box.
Zambroski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 11:25 AM   #250 (permalink)
Moderator
 
Jerry 976's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 22,686
Location: Nun-Ya
19-20 Mileage: 54321
18-19 Mileage: 12345
17-18 Mileage: 54321
16-17 Mileage: 12345
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by krom View Post
Blown up poos get posted on my news feed.. that's kinda how facebook works, no searching required....


You're so buthurt you can't stop yourself from using admin privileges to go creeping on members facebook pages...
There's nothing in your account info on here that shows your FB account info, so I don't know where you come up with the bold comment. Now on the other hand there are members on this site who know who you are, what your name is and where you work and if one of those people know your info and FB info that's your problem not ours. Once you post your personal info on FB and anywhere else on the internet that's your problem that you have created yourself not ours, if you don't want your personal info shared on the internet..... well then don't post your info on the internet for any and everyone to see........
Jerry 976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:54 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.