Ozzy turned 71 12/3/2019 releasing solo album in January - HCS Snowmobile Forums

General Discussion Forum A place for all off topic discussions. Forum Rules inside

Like Tree15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-04-2019, 08:55 AM   #1 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 09 Sno Xer
Favorite Riding Area: South of the Hill
Default Ozzy turned 71 12/3/2019 releasing solo album in January

I'm guessing most you old bastards in here already had their grandkids tell them about the song with Post Malone

Watt (Post Malone's producer) told Billboard that he, alongside Red Hot Chili Peppers drummer Chad Smith and Guns N' Roses bassist Duff McKagan, wrote and recorded the music for Ordinary Man in four days.
Quote:
"The day after [the vocals for 'Take What You Want' were recorded], Ozzy texted me, like, 'I want you to make an album with me.' I was, like, that would be amazing, but can I do this? I picked up the phone and called up Chad Smith. I said, 'Dude, Ozzy just asked me to make an album for him. Are you down to do it?' And he said, 'Are you fucking kidding me? When?' Then I called up Duff McKagan from Guns N' Roses and he said, 'Are you fucking kidding me? When?'
"We wrote and recorded Ozzy's entire album, musically, in four days. There was no premeditation. The three of us just got in my basement, put on headphones, looked at each other, and wrote 12 songs, 10 of which constitute the album. It was magic. I don't even remember it. Then Ozzy came over to my basement to listen to the music. I played him all 10 tracks at full volume, and at the end he just goes, 'It's cool.' And my heart just fuckin' went into my gut. He was, like, 'I'll call you tomorrow.' Stands up, gets his cane, goes upstairs. I go, 'Oh my God, he hated it! What do I do?' He calls me the next day, like, 'Okay, so when do we start writing?' I sound like I'm making this up, but he comes over the next day, and we made Ozzy's entire album from top to bottom — all music, guitar solos, all vocals written — in four weeks. It's the proudest of anything I've ever been, because it brought the 12-year-old kid out of me again. Don't get me wrong, I love the pop music that I make, but this is what I feel like I was born to do: play rock guitar. I got to be fuckin' Randy Rhoads in 2019."

Ozzy's latest solo release

my thought on the 850 patriot. the whole fucking motor is junk. 18 miles on mine and the coating is stuck in the rings, it's in the crank, etc. pistons are complete garbage. Kelsey had one of these apart and told me the motor was junk, now Indy Dan says it is.
bone stock 2019 Arctic Cat 800 at BMP

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
krom is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-04-2019, 10:11 AM   #2 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2017 Viper
Previous Sled(s): 52
Favorite Riding Area: C. Wi
Riding Since: 1969

Long live the "Wizzard of Oz"...

https://youtu.be/0qanF-91aJo

Last edited by SHOOT2KILL2; 12-04-2019 at 10:29 AM.
SHOOT2KILL2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 10:27 AM   #3 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 20 Renegade 600R
Previous Sled(s): 16 renegade 600 Etec, 12 renegade 600 Etec, 07 renegade 600
Favorite Riding Area: ontario
19-20 Mileage:
18-19 Mileage: 1510
17-18 Mileage: 2740
16-17 Mileage: 2520
Riding Since: 1977

it kills me the amount of young people who say " Ozzy will owe his career to Post malone" or "that Ozzy guy is pretty talented, he'll make it big some day" or "I dont know who this Ozzy guy is but Post Malone found a great singer", WTF!!
strokerswild likes this.
billp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 11:47 AM   #4 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): The Couch
Previous Sled(s): '10 RMK 800/144, '01 600 XCSP
Riding Since: ~'79

Quote:
Originally Posted by billp View Post
it kills me the amount of young people who say " Ozzy will owe his career to Post malone" or "that Ozzy guy is pretty talented, he'll make it big some day" or "I dont know who this Ozzy guy is but Post Malone found a great singer", WTF!!
No shit, LOL.

I had never heard of Post Malone until that tune.

And I'd never listen to the guy anyway, because I hate Auto-Tuned vocals with every fiber of my being. Either sing it, or don't.
Old 12-04-2019, 01:20 PM   #5 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

19-20 Mileage:

Quote:
Originally Posted by strokerswild View Post
No shit, LOL.

I had never heard of Post Malone until that tune.

And I'd never listen to the guy anyway, because I hate Auto-Tuned vocals with every fiber of my being. Either sing it, or don't.
Only reason I know about Post Malone is my 21 yr old daughter and 16 yr old son both like him. When my daughter talked about him I paid no attention because she likes weird obscure bands, my son however loves classic rock and alternative. He and I have seen Metallica, Red hot chilli peppers, Theory of a deadman, Green Day etc in concert so when he talked about Post Malone I at least listened to the song, its not a bad song, and I have no idea how Post Malone talked Ozzy into collaborating with him (I'm not sure how anyone has a coherent conversation with Ozzy, but thats another story) and I hope it bridges a big gap between younger people who've never heard anyone actually sing without autotune and old fucks like me
strokerswild likes this.
Old 12-04-2019, 05:24 PM   #6 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2018 Ski-Doo MXZ-X 850
Previous Sled(s): 15 RenX1200, 12 MXZ-X 800R E-Tec, 09 XP 800R, & 04 Rev 800HO
Favorite Riding Area: Northern Minn
19-20 Mileage: 22
18-19 Mileage: 1,266
17-18 Mileage: 1,177
16-17 Mileage: 1,100
Riding Since: 1985

Quote:
Only reason I know about Post Malone is my 21 yr old daughter and 16 yr old son both like him. When my daughter talked about him I paid no attention because she likes weird obscure bands, my son however loves classic rock and alternative. He and I have seen Metallica, Red hot chilli peppers, Theory of a deadman, Green Day etc in concert so when he talked about Post Malone I at least listened to the song, its not a bad song, and I have no idea how Post Malone talked Ozzy into collaborating with him (I'm not sure how anyone has a coherent conversation with Ozzy, but thats another story) and I hope it bridges a big gap between younger people who've never heard anyone actually sing without autotune and old fucks like me
That's awesome you got to go to a Metallica concert with your son. Me and my wife saw them when they first opened the new US Bank Stadium in MPLS. They were the first rock band and almost the first band to play there. Some country band was the first to perform in the new stadium the night before. Previous to that I saw them in 1992 in the Metrodome when I was a sophmore in high school. This last time they almost looked like they belonged in a nursing home but they still put on an awesome show playing all their greatest hits. It was a last minute thing when some tickets became available so no hotel room. I got pretty buzzed up and drove home...I know not the smartest move but you can't go to a Metallica concert and not drink beer. The funniest part was some guy in the parking ramp as we were leaving. Somebody was holding up the line to pay and he shouted out " hurry up asshole !!! " Me and my wife still say it occasionally...LOL

Anyways, here some more Post Malone for ya:

Al Czervik and billp like this.
nacapster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 06:54 PM   #7 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 14 Gade Etec 800
Previous Sled(s): 09 Gade Etec 600
Favorite Riding Area: Rose City Mio Luzerne, MI
19-20 Mileage:
18-19 Mileage: 320
17-18 Mileage: 1,856
16-17 Mileage: 1,362
Riding Since: 1998

Post Malone was a guitar player and singer before this... he never really took off.
But after he switched to more of a rap music style he blew up.

It wouldn't surprise me if Post Malone eventually incorporates more and more guitar and rock like style back into his music.

Quote:
lmao
kids!
billp likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

12 2500 Cummins Mega Laramie - EFI Live
14 Renegade Etec 800
09 Renegade Etec 600
b.lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 07:33 PM   #8 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

19-20 Mileage:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nacapster View Post
That's awesome you got to go to a Metallica concert with your son. Me and my wife saw them when they first opened the new US Bank Stadium in MPLS. They were the first rock band and almost the first band to play there. Some country band was the first to perform in the new stadium the night before. Previous to that I saw them in 1992 in the Metrodome when I was a sophmore in high school. This last time they almost looked like they belonged in a nursing home but they still put on an awesome show playing all their greatest hits. It was a last minute thing when some tickets became available so no hotel room. I got pretty buzzed up and drove home...I know not the smartest move but you can't go to a Metallica concert and not drink beer. The funniest part was some guy in the parking ramp as we were leaving. Somebody was holding up the line to pay and he shouted out " hurry up asshole !!! " Me and my wife still say it occasionally...LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ucea...yH&app=desktop
There was no opening act for Metallica when we went, so before they came out there was some goofy comedian killing time and they asked for the oldest and youngest person in the audience to come down to the stage, the youngest was 7 and the oldest was 72. I thought going to a Metallica concert with your son was cool, but to have that big of an age range at the show was really cool!
strokerswild likes this.
Old 12-04-2019, 08:27 PM   #9 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 12 Pro RMK 800
Previous Sled(s): 2010SnoPro720, 2009 Xfire1000SPLE
Favorite Riding Area: Jordan Valley
Riding Since: 1978

Quote:
Originally Posted by nacapster View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ucea...yH&app=desktop
That's a great song and as far as Ozzy goes the man is pure legend!
#00 Buckshot
Al Czervik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 02:12 PM   #10 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): The Couch
Previous Sled(s): '10 RMK 800/144, '01 600 XCSP
Riding Since: ~'79

Quote:
There was no opening act for Metallica when we went, so before they came out there was some goofy comedian killing time and they asked for the oldest and youngest person in the audience to come down to the stage, the youngest was 7 and the oldest was 72. I thought going to a Metallica concert with your son was cool, but to have that big of an age range at the show was really cool!
I wanted to go to the US Bank Metallica show in the worst way, but didn't get to. They've been a favorite since the '80s but I have yet to see them.

I found out later that my then-77 year old uncle went with his grandson. They sent me this pic. Blew my mind that my uncle went.

Cool stuff, and I would have given my left nut to have been there with them!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	joe and paul.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	47.3 KB
ID:	2065350  
billp likes this.
Advertisement