GM 5.3 intake & exhaust? - Page 9 - HCS Snowmobile Forums

General Discussion Forum A place for all off topic discussions. Forum Rules inside

Like Tree25Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-06-2019, 07:40 PM   #81 (permalink)
Banned

Current Sled(s): Something With A Track And Ski's
Previous Sled(s): Lots of Cats and Doo's, few Yammys
Riding Since: 1990

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gocky View Post
Flex those internet muscles!!!
stinkipinki is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-06-2019, 09:20 PM   #82 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 16 6000 RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by SShooterZ View Post
That's what I remember too. Although I had some buddies that could row their Cobras right past me. Those bastards!

Ah, ok thanks. Did I say something bad about the '03 Cobra? I just thought they were around $40K at the time which I think was around Corvette dollars. Not sure it was an apples-to-apples comparison with the FBody is all
Cobra was mid 30s. And the na cobr still ran but you needed a great driver. Back in July of 02 I took my then stock 01 Cobra to Byron and ran a 13.3 @ 105. Had i been in mineshaft air and at Atco could have maybe ticked off a 12.99. But I'll never know!

That will beat 90% of the stock ls1 times out there. I still own it and with small bolt ons it runs 12 flat.
SShooterZ likes this.

Last edited by Fourcam281; 11-06-2019 at 09:23 PM.
Fourcam281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 09:21 PM   #83 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 16 6000 RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkipinki View Post
So what's you run in all these cars you built?
Fourcam281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 10:05 PM   #84 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2017 ZR8000 SP
Previous Sled(s): 2003 Z440 SP | 2002 ZR600 | 2000 ZR600 | 1996 580EXT EFI
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourcam281 View Post
Cobra was mid 30s. And the na cobr still ran but you needed a great driver. Back in July of 02 I took my then stock 01 Cobra to Byron and ran a 13.3 @ 105. Had i been in mineshaft air and at Atco could have maybe ticked off a 12.99. But I'll never know!

That will beat 90% of the stock ls1 times out there. I still own it and with small bolt ons it runs 12 flat.
Byron always made me feel like I was racing downhill. My favorite was US41 in Morocco, IN. Always sticky and with good Oct or Nov air would run the best times. Didnít care about safety either lol. Running 12s without a helmet? Nooo problem.
SShooterZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 07:52 AM   #85 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): Switchback Pro X 800
Previous Sled(s): ProXCR 800, 97 XLT
Favorite Riding Area: Sand pits and hill climbs!

Quote:
VERY VERY few people who own toys can do serious engine work, bruh.
What a stupid thing to say cause your butthurt over data that's been common place for 2 decades, but some guys who wrench once and awhile and think they know everything tend to get real defensive and butthurt when someone like me puts them in their place or lights them up with the truth. It's ok at admit, you don't know. Its ok.
I spent a decade on LS1tech. I've owned both an LT1 and LS1. I've installed headers, a cam, and many other things. I know more about 4th gen fbodies then you will ever know. I currently own a 99 WS6 M6 with 40K miles 100% paid for.
Would you like a warm washcloth to wash that thing out or do you need a nice fuzzy blanky? From the sounds of it you could also use a pacifier, bruh.
And I don't care what the 'Real tech's on here' think of me, because if their this uneducated with LSX technology, they ain't much of a tech, and they don't like it cause I just make that obvious. Not sorry diaper filler.

Someone with some actual knowledge.

The fastest car I've ever been in was a Whippled 03 Cobra. It was a 40K nose heavy car that handled like shit and wheel hopped with the IRS. Had a buddy with 15K (total) into a 99 Z28 and the Camaro was faster and setup for drag only, I never got to ride in it. Wanna see some cool cars, look up a Blackbird, Berger SS, or Intimidator SS. Stage 1's are 380HP, Stage 2's are 475HP. The 03-04 Cobra's didn't even release until the Fbody was finished. Because of weight, even with less whp, an Fbody or Vette can take down the Cobra with 30-75 less whp. My favorite is actually the Mach 1. It was too little too late but damn is that a sweet car, tremec 5 speed, 8.8" axle, 3.55 gears and tons of factory suspension mods like it sitting 1/2 lower, better springs and box cross section subframe connectors.

My beast was a 2005 Subaru STI. Built motor, big turbo, methanol injection, roll cage, 5 point harnesses (street car still), built suspension, etc. My best was 11.6 @ 121with a 1.6 60' (on 18" street tires). My friends used to call it "The Facemelter" because it came out of the hole so hard.

edit: made 450 hp / 460 ft/lbs to the wheels, weighed around 3200 lbs
too slow and stinkipinki like this.

Last edited by xrocket21; 11-07-2019 at 10:08 AM.
xrocket21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 10:24 AM   #86 (permalink)
Banned

Current Sled(s): Something With A Track And Ski's
Previous Sled(s): Lots of Cats and Doo's, few Yammys

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrocket21 View Post
My beast was a 2005 Subaru STI. Built motor, big turbo, methanol injection, roll cage, 5 point harnesses (street car still), built suspension, etc. My best was 11.6 @ 121with a 1.6 60' (on 18" street tires). My friends used to call it "The Facemelter" because it came out of the hole so hard.
A had a buddy with a WRX, its much easier said then done to launch those cars from a dig, all of your power is up top. Like with f-bodies, suspension mods, even little ones make a big difference. He has an 01 Z28 6 speed now, youll see it below with the big cowel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourcam281 View Post
So what's you run in all these cars you built?
Cars that Ive owned or cars that Ive helped work on?
My fastest was a built LT1 Z28 with full bolt ons, lt4 cam kit, 3000 yank stall running Falken 452s, was good for a high 12, my fastest being a 12.6 @ 106, 1.79 60". Ive helped with some cars in the mid 11s.

Heres a shot of my Pontiac. Ive installed STB and SLP LM II, and thats all its getting. I have all documentation including the original window sticker.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	w12_1573136514520.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	399.4 KB
ID:	2061894  
stinkipinki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 05:20 PM   #87 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2017 Assault
Favorite Riding Area: Closest place with snow

Quote:
VERY VERY few people who own toys can do serious engine work, bruh.
What a stupid thing to say cause your butthurt over data that's been common place for 2 decades, but some guys who wrench once and awhile and think they know everything tend to get real defensive and butthurt when someone like me puts them in their place or lights them up with the truth. It's ok at admit, you don't know. Its ok.
I spent a decade on LS1tech. I've owned both an LT1 and LS1. I've installed headers, a cam, and many other things. I know more about 4th gen fbodies then you will ever know. I currently own a 99 WS6 M6 with 40K miles 100% paid for.
Very few people are smart. You prove you fit that category calling a cam a bolt on. LS doesn't have the cam on the outside of the engine... Obviously in your 10 years on LS1tech you've learned as much as you do on here. You are too full of yourself and idiotic ideas to listen and instead regurgitate nonsense you didn't understand that you read on the internet.

As for doing your own work, the LS is super simple. Can't say I liked putting on the headers, but the whipple, tune, injectors, intake, throttle body, sways, Wilwoods, lowering kit etc weren't hard at all. Perhaps instead of being an internet warrior you should pick up a wrench for once and actually learn something.
Gocky and 1fastpolaris like this.
Deephaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 10:47 PM   #88 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2020 SBA 850
Previous Sled(s): 12SWB600 09D8 05XC800 00XC500
Favorite Riding Area: UP and N. WI
Riding Since: 1984

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deephaven View Post
Very few people are smart. You prove you fit that category calling a cam a bolt on. LS doesn't have the cam on the outside of the engine... Obviously in your 10 years on LS1tech you've learned as much as you do on here. You are too full of yourself and idiotic ideas to listen and instead regurgitate nonsense you didn't understand that you read on the internet.

As for doing your own work, the LS is super simple. Can't say I liked putting on the headers, but the whipple, tune, injectors, intake, throttle body, sways, Wilwoods, lowering kit etc weren't hard at all. Perhaps instead of being an internet warrior you should pick up a wrench for once and actually learn something.
LS1tech 10 yrs lol stinki

Support the sport! Join a club!
I&M Trailblazers Snowmobile Club member
Channahon, IL
1fastpolaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 11:40 PM   #89 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 13 Indy, 01 600xcsp, 00 600xcsp
Previous Sled(s): 3 arcticcraps
Favorite Riding Area: from my house
Riding Since: 85

Op question was about a large suv with small engine and it turned into a bunch of wang swinging. This place is queer.

-dw- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 11:43 PM   #90 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Default GM 5.3 intake & exhaust?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deephaven View Post

Cams are bolt in bruh. You have to put bolts in the cam plate, timing gear,rocker arms, and timing cover.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by nanner; 11-07-2019 at 11:53 PM.
nanner is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement