New / updated C-Tec 800 171 HP ? - Page 14 - HCS Snowmobile Forums

General Discussion Forum A place for all off topic discussions. Forum Rules inside

Like Tree79Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-12-2019, 05:44 PM   #131 (permalink)
Life Time Member

18-19 Mileage 12345
17-18 Mileage: 54321
16-17 Mileage: 12345
15-16 Mileage: 54321

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkipinki View Post
Ive heard nothing but great things about Ryan and FU. The family that owned nescos were the the Perrigos if im not mistaken, lots of corruption there.
And yeah, I think the quality of ones product does reflect on ones dealership. Their not selling ham sandwiches.
Why is that?? Once again NO dealership Designs, Engineers, Manufactures or Assembles any Polaris engines or sleds so why point a finger at the dealers over something they have no control over other than dropping a companies products??? A family who has owned a Polaris dealership and only a Polaris dealership for 25+ years should just fold up shop because Polaris Engineers and design people made a mistake(s) on their product(s)?????

Sorry the only blame should be placed on Polaris and it's product(s) Not the dealer........
stinkipinki likes this.
Jerry 976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-12-2019, 06:45 PM   #132 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 09 Sno Xer
Favorite Riding Area: South of the Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deephaven View Post
Nice try. Arctic can't get the Ctec 8 to run. They made a new one instead of fixing it.

The Ctec 8 runs pretty good. far more reliable than any generation poo 800, or last years disaster poo 840

It easily waxed the poo 840 at the last mountain sled shootout.
And the poo 800 you girls are always claiming is fast, is so un competitive that Dyno Port rich gives them a half sled head start at every event he puts on.

Serious question. Which one of the many changes poo is making to the 840, is supposed to cut down on all the failing connecting rods??
my thought on the 850 patriot. the whole fucking motor is junk. 18 miles on mine and the coating is stuck in the rings, it's in the crank, etc. pistons are complete garbage. Kelsey had one of these apart and told me the motor was junk, now Indy Dan says it is.
bone stock 2019 Arctic Cat 800 at BMP

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
krom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 07:03 PM   #133 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): Sidewinder RTX Le
Previous Sled(s): Nytro
Favorite Riding Area: District 8
18-19 Mileage 5000km
16-17 Mileage: 3000
15-16 Mileage: 3500km

Wow, it is really unbelievable that anyone thinks a Polaris 800 or 840 engine is reliable.

Its truly mind boggling. Alot of people accept mediocrity these days, but 5000km out of an engine before rebuilding is ridiculous in this day and age.
mopars&cats likes this.
big_phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 07:18 AM   #134 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 15 800 Pro S, 17 800 Assault
Previous Sled(s): 12 800 Pro R,09 Dragon, 00 + 03 XCR
Favorite Riding Area: Central Ontario
18-19 Mileage 725
17-18 Mileage: 775
16-17 Mileage: 465
15-16 Mileage: 825

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_phil View Post
Wow, it is really unbelievable that anyone thinks a Polaris 800 or 840 engine is reliable.

Its truly mind boggling. Alot of people accept mediocrity these days, but 5000km out of an engine before rebuilding is ridiculous in this day and age.
Yet far more consumers buy Poo than your brand or your sister brand. Re-enforcing the bullshit people like you and the Cat cheer leader spout. And speaking of mediocrity
tripleflipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 07:37 AM   #135 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleflipper View Post
Yet far more consumers buy Poo than your brand or your sister brand. Re-enforcing the bullshit people like you and the Cat cheer leader spout. And speaking of mediocrity
it's called performance. something cats been lacking at. these fuck tards just don't get it. people would rather take a chance on a Polaris then ride a cat.

they use some back yard cluster fuck as proof? WTF i i went to one of these. talk about fucked up? Jesus Christ

how did cat do at Jackson hole? a real mountain race.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Northstar Performance Products
Stage 1,2,3 clutch kits
Oil tank vent kits
Doo T-Stat bypass kits
Rush/Axys A-Arm bushing kits
550 fan upgrade kit

Our products have been race tested and proven all across North America!

Authorized dealer for
SLP
RK-Tek
WPS
US Chrome
Thunder Products
Automatic Distributors
Venom/Team Ind.
Redline Oil
Klotz Racing Synthetics
K100
northstarrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 04:03 PM   #136 (permalink)
Public Relations Officer

Current Sled(s): 17 Cat SX
Previous Sled(s): Cat RR, Doo XRS
Favorite Riding Area: MN North Shore
Riding Since: 1974

Just so much hurt here from the Poo-Laiders.

It lets me know the world is still normal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zambroski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 05:07 PM   #137 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 18 Eltigre 8000
18-19 Mileage 1200
15-16 Mileage: 1200

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deephaven View Post
Nice try. Arctic can't get the Ctec 8 to run. They made a new one instead of fixing it.
Not exactly.......Last year we had the radar gun out and the 800 did just fine in 1000'. 1 mph slower that the fastest Doo 850, tied the the 2nd fastest(98.8), and beat the other 2 Doo 850's and 2 Doo 800's.

Call it what you like but the 800 Ctec runs just fine. Some had some flame issues after long hard pulls, most did not.

Am I glad that after just 2 years cat re-did the motor making my 18 a bit of an orphan, not really but it is what it is.

We should all just hope for another winter like last year !!!

I don't wish any bad to luck to any brand with any new motor, the seasons just too damn short to be having issues. We can all throw stones about bad motors by every manufacturer. Ride what you like, if you don't like the motor switch brands. Don't like the way it handles switch brands, ect......

Last edited by F8HO; 06-14-2019 at 05:13 PM.
F8HO is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement