New / updated C-Tec 800 171 HP ? - Page 12 - HCS Snowmobile Forums

General Discussion Forum A place for all off topic discussions. Forum Rules inside

Like Tree79Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-12-2019, 08:32 AM   #111 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): '16 High Country
Favorite Riding Area: UP / near Irons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deephaven View Post
Better than having to replace everything. Cat scrapped theirs completely.

Are you sure or just speculating?

Sometimes you gotta know when to hold them and know when to fold them, make the wrong decision it could get ugly.
jjlrrw is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-12-2019, 09:10 AM   #112 (permalink)
Life Time Member

18-19 Mileage 12345
17-18 Mileage: 54321
16-17 Mileage: 12345
15-16 Mileage: 54321

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkipinki View Post
Lol, my comments are just pointing out what is happening. Polaris is updating the motor to address a known issue, the end.
Doesn't matter how biased I am or how much I love/hate any brand, that's the truth.
Saying its 1 out of 100 sleds or 5 out of 100 sleds doesn't change a damn thing.

And no, I am not speaking with Ryan @ Fun Unlimited, nor do I care what he has to say, they sell Polaris. They had to repair my buddies 800 that popped last year, and then acted like it was no big deal. They will do the same with the 850.
I don't think its that big of a deal either, but it is what it is, and Polaris are updating the motor, regardless of your perspective of it.
I just disagreed with the fact that its 'only a PR issue'. Its obviously more then a PR issue.

Ryan at Fun Unlimited did not Design, Engineer, Manufacture or Assemble any Polaris engines or sleds, it does appear that he/they did fix your buddies sled.......
What more do you feel they should have done???????
The motor popped, they fixed it no big deal, because they sell Polaris it's 100% the dealers fault and issue?????
Jerry 976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 09:34 AM   #113 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): An Old Cat and an Old Doo
Previous Sled(s): Lots of Cats and Doo's, few Yammys
Riding Since: 1990

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry 976 View Post
The motor popped, they fixed it no big deal, because they sell Polaris it's 100% the dealers fault and issue?????
Never said it was.
Yeah he bought his SB from there and it popped last year, not sure what year it is, think its a 17 or 18. FU repaired it, bill not was cheap, he was not happy...not everyone can swap out their piston and rings like its nothing or think its no big deal. Not saying that is their fault, but it's their product.
As far as the dealership itself I have nothing against them, they seem like a great group of guys.
The 2020 changes to the motor look promising, instead of playing it off like its a small thing, dealers should be upfront about it.
This goes for Cat as well.
stinkipinki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 09:43 AM   #114 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 014 indy 800, 99 indy 340
Previous Sled(s): 7 rmks from 2002-2011, 4 switchbacks from 2006-2014
17-18 Mileage: 1400
16-17 Mileage: 800

Polaris has been very upfront with the changes for my2020 to the 850.

Cat...well that still seems to be a mystery what the changes exactly
entailed

Quote:
Never said it was.
Yeah he bought his SB from there and it popped last year, not sure what year it is, think its a 17 or 18. FU repaired it, bill not was cheap, he was not happy...not everyone can swap out their piston and rings like its nothing or think its no big deal. Not saying that is their fault, but it's their product.
As far as the dealership itself I have nothing against them, they seem like a great group of guys.
The 2020 changes to the motor look promising, instead of playing it off like its a small thing, dealers should be upfront about it.
This goes for Cat as well.
boondocker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 09:57 AM   #115 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by boondocker1 View Post
Polaris has been very upfront with the changes for my2020 to the 850.
I am not trying to shade Polaris, I think most 850's are going to be just fine. That being said some folks have had issues and Polaris are updating the engine to remedy some known flaws.
That's the reality of it.

If FU have not had a single serious 850 issue with the sleds they have sold, congrats to them. That doesn't change the facts of it or what I've heard from a few folks who own them, and bought them from there. I rode an 850 Assault this year. Both Cat and Polaris are updating their engines to deal with known flaws, but both engines, for the most part run fine. The Polaris issue IMO is more serious, cause if it lets go, your looking at a new motor or entire new rotating assembly.
Old 06-12-2019, 09:59 AM   #116 (permalink)
Advanced Member

Stink, please clear this part up since you know so much. Was this sled rebuilt with oem parts or unproven aftermarket parts that were new at the time and still in question? And since you’re so good at throwing out names from your area, who owned this sled?
caddisfly likes this.
BigBlue46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 10:05 AM   #117 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlue46 View Post
And since you’re so good at throwing out names from your area, who owned this sled?
I would never name drop, especially on this site.
If FU says they haven't rebuilt any top ends from sleds they sold, that's a blatant lie to sugarcoat their dealership.
So with that said, I don't believe anything a Polaris dealer says about Polaris issues, and their upset I do actually know someone who bought a SB 800 and needed it rebuilt less then a year later, and caught them red-handed trying to say otherwise. Not sorry, but I appreciate your sticking up for your buddy.
As far as the 850 issues they are well known and being addressed for 2020.

The last dealership in Gouvernuer, NY was a Cat dealer and went belly up due to corruption, Gouvernuer is full of incest hillbillies and rednecks, its a good town to take a shit in.
Lets hope FU is not like them.
Old 06-12-2019, 10:17 AM   #118 (permalink)
Advanced Member

They are a outstanding dealership that deals with alot of customers that are performance seekers. They take on the challenges that there customers request because of their reputation of performance. Until you’re at their level, stfu!
BigBlue46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 10:40 AM   #119 (permalink)
cfm
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 900 Fuse-10,200miles and going / 06 600HO M10
Riding Since: 3 BC

Quote:
The last dealership in Gouvernuer, NY was a Cat dealer and went belly up due to corruption, Gouvernuer is full of incest hillbillies and rednecks, its a good town to take a shit in.
Wow ! The HCS gangsta is back !!!!
stinkipinki likes this.
PPP Charter Member #2

-"Your motor will tell you what it wants. Are you listening ?" - Darin Morgan
- "Look at the way they flew in the slew. Hats off to you. Woopy Doo!" - ICEMANJOE
cfm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 10:45 AM   #120 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): Turbo, T-kitty
Previous Sled(s): Tcats, ZRs
Favorite Riding Area: WI, MI
Riding Since: 1979

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deephaven View Post
Put down the crack pipe. One is fixing problems one is a complete redesign since they couldn't fix the problems.
Sooooo.... the 840 isn't a complete redesign of the previous Poo 800?? And talk about scrapping an engine, what happened to the 900??? Thought so!

Great dealer in IL-quad cities area, see Brent or Stan @

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
tallcool 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement