I love beating Arctic Cats - Page 58 - HCS Snowmobile Forums

General Discussion Forum A place for all off topic discussions. Forum Rules inside

Like Tree269Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-23-2019, 03:12 PM   #571 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 014 indy 800, 99 indy 340
Previous Sled(s): 7 rmks from 2002-2011, 4 switchbacks from 2006-2014
17-18 Mileage: 1400
16-17 Mileage: 800

Well then cat did the same with the ctec 8, obviously the flash a couple months back didn't fix the issues, they ignored the problem as long as they could.

Do you think this new ctec 8 took 11 yrs to develop like the original one though?

What engine do you think was in the riot krom is talking about? that's the original question here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommcat View Post
huh? they needed a redesign before the first one left the assembly line, poo just rolled the dice and hoped nobody would notice they were garbage.
boondocker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-23-2019, 06:27 PM   #572 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 09 Sno Xer
Favorite Riding Area: South of the Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by boondocker1 View Post
Well then cat did the same with the ctec 8, obviously the flash a couple months back didn't fix the issues, they ignored the problem as long as they could.

Do you think this new ctec 8 took 11 yrs to develop like the original one though?

What engine do you think was in the riot krom is talking about? that's the original question here.

Yea, the redesign was to fix a rich decel spot in the map, not to make more hp
And poo didn't copy all the changes indy dan said the 840 would need, 3 days after getting the first one to his shop...

Are you actually that stupid, or just trying to
my thought on the 850 patriot. the whole fucking motor is junk. 18 miles on mine and the coating is stuck in the rings, it's in the crank, etc. pistons are complete garbage. Kelsey had one of these apart and told me the motor was junk, now Indy Dan says it is.
bone stock 2019 Arctic Cat 800 at BMP

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
krom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 06:33 PM   #573 (permalink)
cfm
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 900 Fuse-10,200miles and going / 06 600HO M10
Riding Since: 3 BC

Quote:
Originally Posted by krom View Post
Yea, the redesign was to fix a rich decel spot in the map, not to make more hp
And this took 2 yrs to do ?

Wait, the recent reflash didn;t work ? So how do you know this one will ?
PPP Charter Member #2

-"Your motor will tell you what it wants. Are you listening ?" - Darin Morgan
- "Look at the way they flew in the slew. Hats off to you. Woopy Doo!" - ICEMANJOE
cfm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 06:48 PM   #574 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfm View Post
And this took 2 yrs to do ?

Wait, the recent reflash didn;t work ? So how do you know this one will ?

There is only 1 reflash for the 8000, the 3 legged goat you clowns use to deliver your news is 2 months behind
my thought on the 850 patriot. the whole fucking motor is junk. 18 miles on mine and the coating is stuck in the rings, it's in the crank, etc. pistons are complete garbage. Kelsey had one of these apart and told me the motor was junk, now Indy Dan says it is.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 04-24-2019, 03:00 AM   #575 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2017 Assault
Favorite Riding Area: Closest place with snow

Quote:
There is only 1 reflash for the 8000, the 3 legged goat you clowns use to deliver your news is 2 months behind
And it worked so well they introduced a new motor. I'd run like hell from that. First one took 11 years and was a hot mess, redesign in 2 sounds like a disaster.
Deephaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 08:25 AM   #576 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deephaven View Post
And it worked so well they introduced a new motor. I'd run like hell from that. First one took 11 years and was a hot mess, redesign in 2 sounds like a disaster.

Hot mess

800 ctec is super reliable, same or more hp as doo or poo. after 2.5 years upgrades are coming for increased hp.

if you want to see a hot mess, check out the poo 840 with its massive failure rate, replacement engines on back order, and after 5+ years of development, they ended up copying the fixes indy dan posted about a day after seeing one apart for the first time.

Old 04-24-2019, 09:33 AM   #577 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 014 indy 800, 99 indy 340
Previous Sled(s): 7 rmks from 2002-2011, 4 switchbacks from 2006-2014
17-18 Mileage: 1400
16-17 Mileage: 800

You're either really stupid or way smarter than Acat/Textron. hell even they admit there 800ctec version 1.0 isn't up to HP of the others. They wouldn't have obsoleted it if they didn't feel they had to. Kind of a no brainer but if you don't have a brain then ya I can see the confusion you must face about the ordeal.

Super reliable? Ask the guys who run these things in fresh snow about the ingestion problems, skirts breaking, rod bearing seizing. You don't have to look hard to find that theres issues with the ctec8's. Oh and the fuel map that took 2 yrs to come out with that doesn't fix the issues it was supposed to.

Wasn't cats redesign to do away with the DSI injection and go to Poo like SDI? That's what i've heard over and over but cant find concrete evidence for cat/Textron about it. I'm sure you know the answer, i've asked multiple times and just like the question about which engine the Riot is running you madcatters dodge and ignore the question, so either you don't know yourselves or your too embarrassed to answer the question. Its really telling

Quote:
Hot mess

800 ctec is super reliable, same or more hp as doo or poo. after 2.5 years upgrades are coming for increased hp.

if you want to see a hot mess, check out the poo 840 with its massive failure rate, replacement engines on back order, and after 5+ years of development, they ended up copying the fixes indy dan posted about a day after seeing one apart for the first time.

Last edited by boondocker1; 04-24-2019 at 09:40 AM.
boondocker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 09:33 AM   #578 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2010 F8 Sno Pro HO / 2000 MXZ 600 Trail
Previous Sled(s): Lots of Cats and Doo's, few Yammys
Riding Since: 1990

@krom
Let it go man, they all know the truth about things, it's not going to change what they want to believe or are going to believe.
If you haven't already won and got to them, they wouldn't be so consistently defensive.
Everyone with a brain knows Polaris has had so many recalls across the board, from their sleds to SxS's, its far and beyond anything the competition has done, this is common bar talk and knowledge. We all know the CTEC recall is small potatoes and a quick fix, every comment from them about seeing one burning was pulled straight from their anus. The only pics shared are online pics they found, I rode a bunch this year and never heard or saw of one CTEC with flame issues, although I only saw a handful of newer Cats, most are still Zukes.
There is no arguing about what is.
Cat has the fastest track and trail sleds, Doo has the best sales, Yamaha has the best reliability, and Polaris has the most motor issues and has for many years, with more revisions on their 800 then any other brand, and their 850 is on revision 2 in three years. None of this is opinion, its fact and it doesn't matter what I say or anyone else, the truth is what it is.
The only likes they usually get are from other biased butt buddies, going on years, and anyone who agrees or like those insecure, biased trashy comments looks just as foolish or trashy.
Whether its a real thread or GDF, just let it go and don't bite anymore, your giving them fuel...you've already won...handedly. Regardless of their responses and nonsense like 'no stink that's not true, Polaris engines are just as good and the CTEC is just as bad' , its all just sad, insecure brand defending. Unfortunately, in the years I have been here, even my bias here and there doesn't change any truth, and neither will their bitching or defensive posts.

I've put this all this rhetoric in the rear view and am ready for summer and 2020 riding season, Can't wait to see how the new Cat stacks up as this might be one of the last significant updates to the ProCross chassis. We should start hearing more about the Gen 2 CTEC II 800 as well.
stinkipinki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 09:40 AM   #579 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2020 850 XC, RXL'S, Indy's
Previous Sled(s): 2019 850 XC 2017 & 2018 Assualt 2016 SB 2015 Axys SB
19-20 Mileage:
18-19 Mileage: 3824
17-18 Mileage: 3802
16-17 Mileage: 2356

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkipinki View Post
@krom
I only saw a handful of newer Cats, most are still Zukes.
Is that not part of Artic Cat's problem? Even the janitor at one dealership was posting that the 800 C-tec was not as good as the Suzuki. Hope the redesign gets some of the Madcatter's to buy one but who knows.
Doug S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 09:48 AM   #580 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2010 F8 Sno Pro HO / 2000 MXZ 600 Trail
Previous Sled(s): Lots of Cats and Doo's, few Yammys
Riding Since: 1990

@Doug S
Yea you are somewhat correct, I won't argue... IMO its due to a few things:
1) The Zuke is a proven motor and when clutched/setup right, its as fast as any 800, and folks know its stinky, but reliable.
2) The new motor is still unproven, and Cat riders want speed and performance, in 2018 a 155HP 800 isn't the easiest sell. I'll be honest I am sure the 18/19 rip good, but I would only consider the 2020 if getting brand new, which is funny, because its still so new/unproven as well, I admit I am talking out my ass about it, but I believe Cat when they say its near 165HP. That and the 998 are the only two I would consider brand new, I might consider a 18/19 but again, wouldn't pay new $$$.
stinkipinki is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement