Arctic Cat Twin Spar Trunk Delete Kit - Page 2 - HCS Snowmobile Forums

F series (07- ) This is a brand-specific forum. Posts on this forum are assumed to be questions aimed at similar model owners, and are not looking for comments of a sarcastic or "bashing" nature. Please be aware that if you violate this policy you are in danger of losing your posting privileges on this website.The calling out or posting of another members personal information IE phone number or address is prohibited.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-20-2008, 01:15 PM   #11 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member
 
Sled Solutions's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 17,622
Current Sled(s): 2020 Polaris Khaos 850
Previous Sled(s): Polaris
Location: Traverse City, MI
Favorite Riding Area: Where it's deep!
Age: 47
Riding Since: 1978
Default

Quote:
This is stricktly my OPINION, but I am very surprised at the lack of craftsmenship
in this kit. I was really looking forward to the final product, and quite simply, I am
extremely dissapointed. The aluminum is a different color, the lines are totally
off and it looks like the engineer slapped the rear together in five minutes just
to complete the project. A firecat snowflap on a square box isn't exactly what I
call appealing. I have grown accustomed to Sled Solution/Skinz putting out a
quality product, but this time they missed the mark. A huge dissapointment is an
understatement.

Sorry to be on the negative side here, but as I stated, this is only MY opinion.[/b]
Hey, I didn't design it I just sell it but everyone is entitled to their opinion! In order to make this a bolt on kit I think the design had to be the way it is. To make it look factory it would have required cutting and welding and 9 out of 10 people do not have the resources or the ability to do that.

Sorry to disappoint.

Quote:
I don't mind it actually.

Will this work if a guy extends the rails to 136"

Any pictures of the black version???[/b]
I'm not sure if it will work with a 136" and no I do not have any pictures of the black version, when I do I will post it up.
__________________
SUMMER SUCKS!
Sled Solutions is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-21-2008, 09:59 AM   #12 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member
 
Sled Solutions's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 17,622
Current Sled(s): 2020 Polaris Khaos 850
Previous Sled(s): Polaris
Location: Traverse City, MI
Favorite Riding Area: Where it's deep!
Age: 47
Riding Since: 1978
Default

Quote:
This is stricktly my OPINION, but I am very surprised at the lack of craftsmenship
in this kit. I was really looking forward to the final product, and quite simply, I am
extremely dissapointed. The aluminum is a different color, the lines are totally
off and it looks like the engineer slapped the rear together in five minutes just
to complete the project. A firecat snowflap on a square box isn't exactly what I
call appealing. I have grown accustomed to Sled Solution/Skinz putting out a
quality product, but this time they missed the mark. A huge dissapointment is an
understatement.

Sorry to be on the negative side here, but as I stated, this is only MY opinion.[/b]
I did verfiy that the aluminum is the same but looks different because they run it through their vibratory machine to
polish it up a little. If you polish your tunnel it should match, it's no different then the tunnels extensions you'd buy to long track a sled from Tracks USA.

Thanks,
Paul
__________________
SUMMER SUCKS!
Sled Solutions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 10:02 AM   #13 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member
 
Sled Solutions's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 17,622
Current Sled(s): 2020 Polaris Khaos 850
Previous Sled(s): Polaris
Location: Traverse City, MI
Favorite Riding Area: Where it's deep!
Age: 47
Riding Since: 1978
Default

For those that have never taken everything of the back of the Twin Spar sleds this is what it looks like. You can see the obstacles one is faced with when making something as a bolt on kit at a cost effective price.

[attachment=466698SC01371_2_.JPG]
__________________
SUMMER SUCKS!
Sled Solutions is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Old 04-21-2008, 10:30 AM   #14 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member
 
dt6957's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 3,025
Current Sled(s): 2014 ZR6000 RR
Previous Sled(s): 2008 F6 LXR (wife)
Location: sask
Favorite Riding Area: Hudson Bay
Riding Since: 1978
Default

Quote:
For those that have never taken everything of the back of the Twin Spar sleds this is what it looks like. You can see the obstacles one is faced with when making something as a bolt on kit at a cost effective price.

[attachment=466698SC01371_2_.JPG][/b]
Interesting!
__________________
Cat History:
1976 Cheetah 5000
1997 Cougar 550
1998 ZR600efi Limited
1997 ZR440
2000 ZR600efi Limited
2002 ZR800efi Cross Country
2003 F7 Sno-Pro Team Canada
2000 ZRT600 Limitied
2002 ZL550esr
2002 ZR800efi
2004 Sabercat 600lx
2003 F7 Sno-Pro Team Arctic
2005 Sabercat 600efi
2006 Crossfire 600
2007 F6
2008 F6 LXR Pink (wife)
2008 Jaguar Z1 Black
2008 Jaguar Z1 Green
2010 Z1 EXT Turbo
2012 F1100 NA 50th edition black sno-pro (order)
dt6957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 10:32 AM   #15 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 827
Current Sled(s): 2016 Switchback Pro X 800
Previous Sled(s): 14 zr800RR ,12 xf8oosp,09 XFR1000 ,F8 SP,
Location: Leroy NY 14482
Favorite Riding Area: Wyoming County NY
Age: 48
Riding Since: 1979
Default

I for one LOVE the idea of these but the kit leaves a little to be desired for --and for the price --I thought it would have been a little better !! If someone else comes up with something better keep us informed -- The snow flap and rear cooler cover looks bad !! cheap --for $300 plus --???? like I said nothing against you --I know you just sell them but keep looking for something better !


Smokin Joe said it best !
__________________
Full Throttle until you see god then BRAKE !!!

NASTY CATZ RACING
RNE Precision Machine-
Southpaw Signz
Sledfreak.com
bigzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 11:11 AM   #16 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member
 
mikef7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 2,763
Location: Eastpointe
Favorite Riding Area: The UP
Age: 51
Riding Since: 1975
Default

After seeing the under pinnings (post 13) it is easy enough to see where the design comes from and that the so called extra bracket happens to be needed for structual support s it happens to be part of AC's design. In order just to keep it a "bolt on" what skinz has come up with fits the bill just fine. I am sure a metal worker that can handle aluminum welds could do a cleaner design in the back with moving of factory weld locations but the defeats the "bolt on" purpose.

Only thing I see is drop the snow flap from an skinz order side. Just give the mounting area dimensions with the kit and let people get a snow flap of their choice. People doing this is modding anyways and by the "their choice" will just add to the personalization factor. Granted a snowflap will not drop the price by huge amount but would allow skinz to not have to worry about keeping snow flaps in stock or a snow flap not being in stock from shipping the product out.
mikef7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 11:27 AM   #17 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member
 
Sled Solutions's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 17,622
Current Sled(s): 2020 Polaris Khaos 850
Previous Sled(s): Polaris
Location: Traverse City, MI
Favorite Riding Area: Where it's deep!
Age: 47
Riding Since: 1978
Default

Quote:
After seeing the under pinnings (post 13) it is easy enough to see where the design comes from and that the so called extra bracket happens to be needed for structual support s it happens to be part of AC's design. In order just to keep it a "bolt on" what skinz has come up with fits the bill just fine. I am sure a metal worker that can handle aluminum welds could do a cleaner design in the back with moving of factory weld locations but the defeats the "bolt on" purpose.

Only thing I see is drop the snow flap from an skinz order side. Just give the mounting area dimensions with the kit and let people get a snow flap of their choice. People doing this is modding anyways and by the "their choice" will just add to the personalization factor. Granted a snowflap will not drop the price by huge amount but would allow skinz to not have to worry about keeping snow flaps in stock or a snow flap not being in stock from shipping the product out.[/b]
Thanks Mike that's a good suggestion.

This kit isn't going to be to everyone's liking obviously and that is just a fact of life. I would never buy a XXX Truck because I don't like the way the front end looks. I wouldn't email the producer of XXX truck to tell them that.

Skinz has developed this kit to be as inexpensive and easy to install as possible, it's a great start for some of you who have some ideas of your own. It wouldn't take much to modify the kit to your requirements. They are currently working on making the rear transition from cooler cover to snow flap a little more eye appealing. This change whatever they come up with will be the kit EVERYONE gets so if you've placed your order already have no fear you will get the latest and greatest design.

Thanks to everyone for your opinions and orders!

Paul
__________________
SUMMER SUCKS!
Sled Solutions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 11:30 AM   #18 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member
 
dt6957's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 3,025
Current Sled(s): 2014 ZR6000 RR
Previous Sled(s): 2008 F6 LXR (wife)
Location: sask
Favorite Riding Area: Hudson Bay
Riding Since: 1978
Default

Quote:
Thanks Mike that's a good suggestion.

This kit isn't going to be to everyone's liking obviously and that is just a fact of life. I would never buy a XXX Truck because I don't like the way the front end looks. I wouldn't email the producer of XXX truck to tell them that.

Skinz has developed this kit to be as inexpensive and easy to install as possible, it's a great start for some of you who have some ideas of your own. It wouldn't take much to modify the kit to your requirements. They are currently working on making the rear transition from cooler cover to snow flap a little more eye appealing. This change whatever they come up with will be the kit EVERYONE gets so if you've placed your order already have no fear you will get the latest and greatest design.

Thanks to everyone for your opinions and orders!

Paul[/b]

Hi Paul,

Is there any other bag options??? Like maybe a larger one or is that all there is room for??

Thanks,

dt
__________________
Cat History:
1976 Cheetah 5000
1997 Cougar 550
1998 ZR600efi Limited
1997 ZR440
2000 ZR600efi Limited
2002 ZR800efi Cross Country
2003 F7 Sno-Pro Team Canada
2000 ZRT600 Limitied
2002 ZL550esr
2002 ZR800efi
2004 Sabercat 600lx
2003 F7 Sno-Pro Team Arctic
2005 Sabercat 600efi
2006 Crossfire 600
2007 F6
2008 F6 LXR Pink (wife)
2008 Jaguar Z1 Black
2008 Jaguar Z1 Green
2010 Z1 EXT Turbo
2012 F1100 NA 50th edition black sno-pro (order)
dt6957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 11:40 AM   #19 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member
 
Sled Solutions's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 17,622
Current Sled(s): 2020 Polaris Khaos 850
Previous Sled(s): Polaris
Location: Traverse City, MI
Favorite Riding Area: Where it's deep!
Age: 47
Riding Since: 1978
Default

Quote:
Hi Paul,

Is there any other bag options??? Like maybe a larger one or is that all there is room for??

Thanks,

dt[/b]
That is the only bag option, they designed it to fit the design of the kit so making a larger bag would just not look right back there.

Paul
__________________
SUMMER SUCKS!
Sled Solutions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 11:51 AM   #20 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member
 
dt6957's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 3,025
Current Sled(s): 2014 ZR6000 RR
Previous Sled(s): 2008 F6 LXR (wife)
Location: sask
Favorite Riding Area: Hudson Bay
Riding Since: 1978
Default

Quote:
That is the only bag option, they designed it to fit the design of the kit so making a larger bag would just not look right back there.

Paul[/b]

OK


thanks
__________________
Cat History:
1976 Cheetah 5000
1997 Cougar 550
1998 ZR600efi Limited
1997 ZR440
2000 ZR600efi Limited
2002 ZR800efi Cross Country
2003 F7 Sno-Pro Team Canada
2000 ZRT600 Limitied
2002 ZL550esr
2002 ZR800efi
2004 Sabercat 600lx
2003 F7 Sno-Pro Team Arctic
2005 Sabercat 600efi
2006 Crossfire 600
2007 F6
2008 F6 LXR Pink (wife)
2008 Jaguar Z1 Black
2008 Jaguar Z1 Green
2010 Z1 EXT Turbo
2012 F1100 NA 50th edition black sno-pro (order)
dt6957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:10 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.