Post any problems on the 2008 F-Series here, Post Defects your finding after delivery - HCS Snowmobile Forums

F series (07- ) This is a brand-specific forum. Posts on this forum are assumed to be questions aimed at similar model owners, and are not looking for comments of a sarcastic or "bashing" nature. Please be aware that if you violate this policy you are in danger of losing your posting privileges on this website.The calling out or posting of another members personal information IE phone number or address is prohibited.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-02-2007, 02:42 PM   #1 (permalink)
Doesn't play well with other

Current Sled(s): 2013 F800 RR-K
Previous Sled(s): Pantera Deluxe Touring, F120mod, z370, 87 5000 89 6000
Riding Since: 1981

Please lets post all issues here so topics of interest don't get lost in the shuffle as the season picks up.
Any comments non-related or of bashing nature will be removed.
I pinned this to help everyone, lets keep it on track and save the pissing match comments for the General Forum.

Flash and Flare

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You gotta ask yourself how serious you are about going fast.
1. Cheap
2. Fast
3. Reliable
Pick two cause you can't have all 3 at the same time.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Flash and Flare is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-09-2007, 03:22 PM   #2 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2014 ZR6000,06 XF 6SP
Previous Sled(s): bunch of cats
19-20 Mileage:
18-19 Mileage: 550

Haven't really gotten to deep into mine yet, but first thing I notice much better clutch cover design over my 07! I'll keep you posted as my project continues.
old cat man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 10:23 AM   #3 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2010 MXZ 800X
Previous Sled(s): 03 ZR900 Sno Pro
Favorite Riding Area: Burg or Bust
Riding Since: 2000

When running the motor watch out when you have the hood up. It may rub on the nose. I bent the stopper tabs on the hood up a bit to prevent this.
LarryV is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-18-2007, 04:10 PM   #4 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Tracking rubbing on diamond drive bolts just like 07's
Old 09-19-2007, 12:01 PM   #5 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 08 F8 Sno Pro
Previous Sled(s): 02 ZR 800 CC
Favorite Riding Area: Da U.P.

Quote:
Tracking rubbing on diamond drive bolts just like 07's[/b]

You have got to be kidding me.
Guess I'll be taking a look at that when I pick it up.
Old 09-19-2007, 03:37 PM   #6 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2014 ZR6000,06 XF 6SP
Previous Sled(s): bunch of cats
19-20 Mileage:
18-19 Mileage: 550

Quote:
Tracking rubbing on diamond drive bolts just like 07's[/b]

X2 and Cat should have a new part for that by Nov I was told from my dealer. But, that will be a big job for all 08's you have to take out the DD and I think the track will have to be dropped also to replace that part.
old cat man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 12:22 PM   #7 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 20 R-XC, 17 ZR6000 RS, 18 ZR200
Previous Sled(s): 13 F8 SP, 12 F1100 50th, 08 F6SP, 06 F7SP, 03 F7
Favorite Riding Area: Tug Hill & Old Forge NY

I picked up my sled last week and verified the track is definitely rubbing on the DD bolts.

I spoke to my dealer about this issue and the dealer told me that he spoke to the factory and the factory rep told him that it is normal for the track to shift from side to side. He told me they didnt see any issues with this problem last year and he doesnt expect it to be an issue with my sled either. Does this make sense to you guys?
fastf7rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 03:43 PM   #8 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Quote:
I picked up my sled last week and verified the track is definitely rubbing on the DD bolts.

I spoke to my dealer about this issue and the dealer told me that he spoke to the factory and the factory rep told him that it is normal for the track to shift from side to side. He told me they didnt see any issues with this problem last year and he doesnt expect it to be an issue with my sled either. Does this make sense to you guys?[/b]
Nope that doesn't make sense, because it is not from shifting side to side. Mine is aligned AWAY from the DD and is still rubbing. My dealer called Cat tech and they said they have heard this from another dealer as well. It's a problem and is not normal. The factory rep is FULL OF SH_T!!!!!! My track is already showing the cord on the DD side and it has .1 miles on it. Yes 0.1 miles not 1. You can see on mine where it hits the DD bolt and starts to buckle in. Definite design flaw. Let's hope the other guy's info on a fix in November is correct. No fix = Cat getting their sled back.
Old 09-24-2007, 11:03 PM   #9 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 20 R-XC, 17 ZR6000 RS, 18 ZR200
Previous Sled(s): 13 F8 SP, 12 F1100 50th, 08 F6SP, 06 F7SP, 03 F7
Favorite Riding Area: Tug Hill & Old Forge NY

Quote:
Nope that doesn't make sense, because it is not from shifting side to side. Mine is aligned AWAY from the DD and is still rubbing. My dealer called Cat tech and they said they have heard this from another dealer as well. It's a problem and is not normal. The factory rep is FULL OF SH_T!!!!!! My track is already showing the cord on the DD side and it has .1 miles on it. Yes 0.1 miles not 1. You can see on mine where it hits the DD bolt and starts to buckle in. Definite design flaw. Let's hope the other guy's info on a fix in November is correct. No fix = Cat getting their sled back.[/b]

How are you going to get them to give you your money back? I paid cash for mine. Are you going to sue them or what??? This sled is my first experience with this particular dealer. I had great service on my last 3 sleds from my previous dealer, but he wouldnt budge on price for the 08 and I saved almost $1500 by driving 40 miles. I hope I dont regret it.
fastf7rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 09:58 AM   #10 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Quote:
How are you going to get them to give you your money back? I paid cash for mine. Are you going to sue them or what??? This sled is my first experience with this particular dealer. I had great service on my last 3 sleds from my previous dealer, but he wouldnt budge on price for the 08 and I saved almost $1500 by driving 40 miles. I hope I dont regret it.[/b]
Nope, I know the GM of the dealer I bought it from and already spoke to him about taking it back. He knows I will be more than happy to spend my money with him. I'll get an Apex RTX instead. I would prefer Cat to just come up with a legitimate fix as I want the F1000, and I already put $1000 in accessories on it. We will see what happens.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement