Whatís a better choice, 2008 F1000 Sno pro or 2011 F8 Sno pro Ltd? - Page 2 - HCS Snowmobile Forums

F series (07- ) This is a brand-specific forum. Posts on this forum are assumed to be questions aimed at similar model owners, and are not looking for comments of a sarcastic or "bashing" nature. Please be aware that if you violate this policy you are in danger of losing your posting privileges on this website.The calling out or posting of another members personal information IE phone number or address is prohibited.

Like Tree9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-18-2019, 01:31 PM   #11 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2017 Arctic Cat XF8000 High Country Limited
Previous Sled(s): 2015 Polaris AXYS ProX ,2012 Assault, Boosted Nytro and more

It's one of those sleds that the guy bought thinking it would be fun to ride with a friend but that friend started a business and then the sled owner started a business and they rarely got out. Hasn't had a current permit on it since 2015. It's a Canadian sled so I'm not sure if I can switch to miles from kilometers? Sled came with a Cobra track that looks mint with no studs. Was the Cobra an option on them back then? Maybe only in Canada?
Advertisement

Old 12-18-2019, 02:35 PM   #12 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2014 XF 8000 137" Orange Limited

Cobra track with standard on the SP version in 2008

"Std gauge": Push the left button and hold it down for more than 2 seconds and it changes from mph to km/h or km/h to mph.

"Deluxe gauge": Push the upper button and hold it down for more than 2 seconds and it changes from mph to km/h or km/h to mph.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

No Substitute For BIG JUGS!!
Super 8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2019, 03:29 PM   #13 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Riding Since: 1861

The 08 F10 is one heck of a nice sled outta the box.
zr sled head is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-18-2019, 09:35 PM   #14 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super 8 View Post
Cobra track with standard on the SP version in 2008

"Std gauge": Push the left button and hold it down for more than 2 seconds and it changes from mph to km/h or km/h to mph.

"Deluxe gauge": Push the upper button and hold it down for more than 2 seconds and it changes from mph to km/h or km/h to mph.
Does it actual display somewhere on the deluxe gauge if itís mph or km/h? I have a pic of it while running but I donít see any indication which itís displaying.
Old 12-20-2019, 08:24 PM   #15 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zr sled head View Post
Even at those very low miles, would check the intake boots over carefully for cracking on the F10.
Are the boots hard to see without major disassembly?
Old 12-20-2019, 11:10 PM   #16 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Not so bad to see most of the lower side of at least one with a mirror.
Old 12-21-2019, 12:40 AM   #17 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Riding Since: 1993

I gotta imagine its miles, but if it says 870 km you're even better off since that's only 540 miles. If I was in your shoes, I would really want to see the sled in person. At that low miles for the year I'd want to make sure there wasn't a speedo swap. Theres no way that I know of to cross reference the OEM speedo with the one that's on it (maybe someone has better info).

So, things I'd look for, assuming that it's a Canadian sled therefore ridden in good conditions:

Carbides: Could be well worn but the host bar should be intact.
Slides: Should likely not even be close to needing replacement.
Primary Clutch: Moveable sheave should have minimal play around the bushing and spyder buttons.
Belt: look for a used but operational belt on the pulleys. A mint, unused spare belt somehwere on the sled is a good sign.
Brake pads: Should have very minimal wear. This is a good one to check because it's typically very easy to physically measure pad material and cross reference to OEM replacement spec. Got a used sled claiming 500-800 miles that already needs new pads? Highly suspect.

These are the types of things to look for to be sure you're getting what they're advertising. Ask the seller if you see something suspicious. Maybe he has a good answer.

Either sled fundamentally should treat you well. If the miles truely are that low, get the F10 and deal with the corrosion from sitting, possible gummed up fuel components, and cracked intake boots. Good luck!

Last edited by Premium; 12-21-2019 at 12:47 AM.
Premium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2019, 10:11 PM   #18 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Premium View Post
I gotta imagine its miles, but if it says 870 km you're even better off since that's only 540 miles. If I was in your shoes, I would really want to see the sled in person. At that low miles for the year I'd want to make sure there wasn't a speedo swap. Theres no way that I know of to cross reference the OEM speedo with the one that's on it (maybe someone has better info).

So, things I'd look for, assuming that it's a Canadian sled therefore ridden in good conditions:

Carbides: Could be well worn but the host bar should be intact.
Slides: Should likely not even be close to needing replacement.
Primary Clutch: Moveable sheave should have minimal play around the bushing and spyder buttons.
Belt: look for a used but operational belt on the pulleys. A mint, unused spare belt somehwere on the sled is a good sign.
Brake pads: Should have very minimal wear. This is a good one to check because it's typically very easy to physically measure pad material and cross reference to OEM replacement spec. Got a used sled claiming 500-800 miles that already needs new pads? Highly suspect.

These are the types of things to look for to be sure you're getting what they're advertising. Ask the seller if you see something suspicious. Maybe he has a good answer.

Either sled fundamentally should treat you well. If the miles truely are that low, get the F10 and deal with the corrosion from sitting, possible gummed up fuel components, and cracked intake boots. Good luck!

Saw the F10 sled today itís actually 1389 miles but itís super clean. Boots look good, clutches are clean, sliders still look like new and the track looks good. Engine area is pretty clean along with the tunnel and belly pan so I would say the miles are legit. Suspension all looks good, no damage on any of the wheels and it runs good. Unloaded it in my garage a few hours ago. Thanks for all the tips guys.
zr sled head and Premium like this.
Old 12-22-2019, 01:16 AM   #19 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Riding Since: 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrousman View Post
Saw the F10 sled today itís actually 1389 miles but itís super clean. Boots look good, clutches are clean, sliders still look like new and the track looks good. Engine area is pretty clean along with the tunnel and belly pan so I would say the miles are legit. Suspension all looks good, no damage on any of the wheels and it runs good. Unloaded it in my garage a few hours ago. Thanks for all the tips guys.

Congrats on the new sled!
Premium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2019, 08:17 AM   #20 (permalink)
Super Moderator

What color?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement