2007 F5 LXR new to me - HCS Snowmobile Forums

F series (07- ) This is a brand-specific forum. Posts on this forum are assumed to be questions aimed at similar model owners, and are not looking for comments of a sarcastic or "bashing" nature. Please be aware that if you violate this policy you are in danger of losing your posting privileges on this website.The calling out or posting of another members personal information IE phone number or address is prohibited.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-12-2019, 10:35 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default 2007 F5 LXR new to me

Just picked up an end of season deal to have a spare machine. Isn't perfect but actually pretty decent for the 1500.00 I spent on it. Typical couple rust spots on A arms and such but otherwise body/seat is pretty decent. Starts right up.. Odometer says 6500 miles but owner said he thought it had a rebuild buy original owner. I checked both cylinders and they are about 118 psi each which seems a little lower but they are identical at 118. Cheap Oreilly gauge could be wrong too. Leads me to think no rebuild but not an issue for me anyways. He told me issues were a very small oil seap around oil tank level switch and I need skis which I could see right away. Also said top speed on the lake was 75 mph which is what I see others are near as well. Its curently getting a new gas tank due to recall. Anything on this 07 that I should be keeping an eye on besides the usual? Clutches seemed nice and tight. He did say this past season he had to bring it in to get injectors cleaned they were sticky but issue is resolved I guess.
ewhitefo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-15-2019, 12:43 PM   #2 (permalink)
Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2007 f5
Previous Sled(s): 1970 bolens 290cc
Favorite Riding Area: Essex and Warren county NY
Riding Since: 2008

Reverse actuator on the DD stops working and front suspension links fall off. 5" long bolts solve the link issue.
Old 04-16-2019, 12:54 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by electricjohn View Post
Reverse actuator on the DD stops working and front suspension links fall off. 5" long bolts solve the link issue.

Which end? I assume you mean the A-arms come loose?

Old 04-16-2019, 07:41 PM   #4 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2018 XF 800 High Country Lt 2011 Z1 turbo LTD
Previous Sled(s): Too many to list
Favorite Riding Area: Quebec
18-19 Mileage 3800
17-18 Mileage: 2600
16-17 Mileage: 2400
15-16 Mileage: 2800
Riding Since: 66

No it's the sway bar connection. The black plastic adapter can slide off the end of the attachment bar. Their are different methods to stop this from happening. Some just drilled a small hole through the bar and slid a cotter pin in to hold it on. They are a very nice trail sled, ride nice, dependable and easy to work on yourself. Probably need to go with some type off antidarting runner. They have a tendency to dart with single runners.
Boom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 02:45 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom2 View Post
No it's the sway bar connection. The black plastic adapter can slide off the end of the attachment bar. Their are different methods to stop this from happening. Some just drilled a small hole through the bar and slid a cotter pin in to hold it on. They are a very nice trail sled, ride nice, dependable and easy to work on yourself. Probably need to go with some type off antidarting runner. They have a tendency to dart with single runners.

Aaah, that answers a question I had, black electricians tape and small tie straps on the ends of sway bar.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement