f1000 on the dyno at DD racing - Page 3 - HCS Snowmobile Forums

F series (07- ) This is a brand-specific forum. Posts on this forum are assumed to be questions aimed at similar model owners, and are not looking for comments of a sarcastic or "bashing" nature. Please be aware that if you violate this policy you are in danger of losing your posting privileges on this website.The calling out or posting of another members personal information IE phone number or address is prohibited.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-24-2006, 06:59 PM   #21 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Favorite Riding Area: Northern MN

Quote:
Originally posted by RiverRat1@May 23 2006, 04:21 PM
True, a dyno doesn't have skis but................ :cn:
<div align="right">
[/quote]

plus it was run on a $3 Huff.......let's wait for some more Superflow numbers.
Advertisement

Old 05-24-2006, 08:40 PM   #22 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 09 Sno Xer
Favorite Riding Area: South of the Hill

A dyno is just a brake that can measure torque, if all you are doing is measuring HP than anything will work and give you the same results.
my thought on the 850 patriot. the whole fucking motor is junk. 18 miles on mine and the coating is stuck in the rings, it's in the crank, etc. pistons are complete garbage. Kelsey had one of these apart and told me the motor was junk, now Indy Dan says it is.
bone stock 2019 Arctic Cat 800 at BMP

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
krom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 09:05 PM   #23 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally posted by RiverRat1@May 23 2006, 03:06 PM
Actually "he" said 190hp but i figured in the alcohol consumption and said over 180.
<div align="right">
[/quote]

At 180 with those little mods they must have been drinking everclear. :linemup: There is no way they added 17 h.p. with bullseyes, a Y pipe and a boondocker. If they did it wasn't trail safe and even at that its a huge stretch.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
gpxsrxracer is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-24-2006, 09:08 PM   #24 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally posted by RiverRat1@May 23 2006, 04:21 PM
True, a dyno doesn't have skis but................ :cn:
<div align="right">
[/quote]

The only smart thing and mean ONLY smart thing Tim Berg (Black Tragic)ever said was you cannot race a dyno...again, only smart thing :smilielol:

Old 05-24-2006, 10:28 PM   #25 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

i guess after 117 dyno runs u guys know more than dd . i am sure will see u clowns in the fianl at hay days just reporting what we saw . u guys keep racing keyboards

SPEEDYKIRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 12:25 AM   #26 (permalink)

we got 168 @ 7450 rpm.
fresh out the box.
91B x 76S x 8100RPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 12:32 AM   #27 (permalink)
Banned

Current Sled(s): '10 SP5 / '99 SP440
Previous Sled(s): 9 prev Cats
Riding Since: 1966

Quote:
Originally posted by JMac@May 23 2006, 03:35 PM
Time will tell when it lines up against the mach no doubt it will be a good working sled and should be a good race, but you cant come on here and start bragging and saying its going to win when you dont even have the numbers plus its all different when there sitting on snow and not a dyno machine.
<div align="right">
[/quote]
please master, tell us how it is gonna be,,, ROFLMAO,,, we'll see won't we? time always tells a story doesn't it?
C-notesnopro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 05:19 AM   #28 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally posted by speedykirb@May 24 2006, 09:28 PM
i guess after 117 dyno runs u guys know more than dd* . i am sure will see u clowns in the fianl at hay days just reporting what we saw . u guys keep racing keyboards
<div align="right">
[/quote]
racing keyboards... :smilielol: good one Kirb
Thank&#39;s D&D Racing
You Don&#39;t bring a Knife to a Gun Fight Or A
Pen to a Test!!!
00 TCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 09:38 AM   #29 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Current Sled(s): 17 Sidewinder LTX-SE, 12 f1100lxr
Previous Sled(s): 12 F 1100 SP Turbo06 cf 700 SP, 05 F7sp, 08 f1000, 07 cf1000
Favorite Riding Area: Norther Ontario/ Quebec
19-20 Mileage:
18-19 Mileage: 2200
16-17 Mileage: 800
Riding Since: 1969

What is with people! There are several 6,8,10 motors out at specific shops to allow them the time to bring aftermarket parts online for the fall. Cat has been doing this for years. They do it to make sure thier sleds show well at racing venues. I, like many others have been telling you that these engines would show higher and the reasons why. When they do, well they must be fudging the numbers. 168 at 7450 is about bang on to what i was told they will range within. Go back and read what has been said. You can have a run of 20 engines and due to a huge number of factors they will never be the same. I was told that a 5% range was acceptable. 5% of 165 is 8 HP. IF this assumption is true then you have a spread of power from 162 to 170. You guys can call me a liar if you want to but my bet is you will find that all will be in that range and most in the middle and above. Add in the usual y-pipe, pipe mods, restrictor, keys, air box mods and 180 is no problem. I was also told that this is engine is capable and tested at even more, but that i will keep to myself. Even if this engine drops in at 170 hp, there is no guarentee that it will wax a mach. That is up to all the tuners to get the power down and get it to hook up. That has never and will never change. If you take the numbers from all the different dynos out there for the 05, 06 F7 my bet is that a 5% blanket will cover them all. I can tell ya that I have been at both dynotech and D&D and there numbers are always very close and above the board. Choose to beleive it or don't, but come fall these guys will always lead the way to the finish line because they take a good product and make it better for us the consumer. Do not forget that with a new clutch comes new weight combos etc and this will take time to sort out. Have at it!

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 09:51 AM   #30 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

I'm sure A/C sent them the average run of the mill production machine too right? I doubt it.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement