Hardcore Sledder banner

Selling sleds to Sweden, shipping and such?

12K views 10 replies 11 participants last post by  B/A900 
#1 ·
Since the dollar has become relatively chep to us Swedes, I´ve started looking for a used race sled overseas. There´s a lot mor of them and they are a lot cheaper compared to buying/bulding one here (I have a Rev 440 w 600 or 800 mod engine in mind, trail converted with bigger tank and such would be nice).
Anyone here have any experience in selling and shipping sleds to Scandinavia? The selling part isn´t that hard, just a money transfer, but the shipping and all other practical stuff seems to be alittle trickier.

#3 ·
QUOTE (climb dog @ Dec 3 2009, 07:45 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=4956045
I have sent a few of my new things from powderkegllc.com to Norway from the states but nothing as big as a sled . If I can find anything out for you I'll get back to you.[/b]
The cheapest route is by ship. If it is flown over it would run about $3000-4000 dollars. All you have to do is crate it up and call a freight broker, they can arrange everything. Just make sure paperwork is right and the sled MUST have a serial number

#5 ·
I sold two turbo RX-1s to a guy in Norway a couple years ago. Can't remember what it cost him to ship but I delivered them to a shipping dock in New Jersey and dropped them off in their warehouse.. They crated them and shipped them via boat to him. I don't think the shipping was too bad for two sleds but I believe it took something like 2 weeks from the time I dropped them off for him to get them..

#11 ·
Bout time you showed up here Dave, Glad to see you on HCS.
Now, Go put them boats back in the water so my summer clientel will come back.:bc:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.