Recommended skid for swap on a 89 Phzr - Page 2 - HCS Snowmobile Forums

Phazer This is a brand-specific forum. Posts on this forum are assumed to be questions aimed at similar model owners, and are not looking for comments of a sarcastic or "bashing" nature. Please be aware that if you violate this policy you are in danger of losing your posting privileges on this website.The calling out or posting of another members personal information IE phone number or address is prohibited.

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-24-2018, 12:47 PM   #11 (permalink)

Facebook, I never joined in on that stuff.
This is as social in electronic media as I get.
newoldstock is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-24-2018, 03:28 PM   #12 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 05 600 xcsp 50th
Previous Sled(s): All of the big 4
Favorite Riding Area: Ma.
19-20 Mileage:
18-19 Mileage: not much
Riding Since: 70 s

Quote:
Originally Posted by newoldstock View Post
I am a generation behind chum.
I don't really want a snow machine, I am just trying to do something nice on a budget.
Yamaha of this era was still designed as much on paper as in a computer so there is wiggle room and error on the side of caution robustness in the design.
Yes the Pogo suspension was a developmental dead end for Yamy, but its better than the Jag 2000 I had at his age.

I am the kind of fellow that would buy an old boat with a 33hp big twin Johnson and suck up the extra fuel costs because its something very simple and familiar to me.
Give me an Onan over Honda any day.
I still cut my grass with a D series lawnboy.
Simplicity and robustness of design means you can make things last a very long time and fix them without losing your mind when they do break.

The young guys at work pointed me to this website, they said I would get some useful help here.
What I do not need is a modern sled with 10 grand sunk in and 4 times as many moving parts waiting move the wrong way in the hands of a 14 year old that can barely chew gum and walk.
All a dad wants is often a simple you know.
Another thing, close observation of the under 40 crowd I work with on their sleds and they drive too fast and get towed home more often than I would expect from these great new 4 stroke machines.
I don't need that, I want him to move slower and change his plugs and belts at the side of the trail and just not have as much to go wrong.
Had yamaha sleds to, last one was an 85 vmax 540...the pro action skid wasn't bad till the shocks went south. It was the pogo stick front end that soured me in the end from buying future yamaha sleds. Getting into a polaris chassis in 87 was the best move i ever made when buying a sled. I'm still old school with an older 05 carb sled, its not state of art, but at least its simple and reliable.
newoldstock likes this.
too slow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 04:35 PM   #13 (permalink)

Well here I sit on a Friday afternoon with a gouty foot and sad old Phazer.

Hoping someone can point a way to some drilling distances and technical specs on grafting a SC4 136 to a Phazer 2.
But I am still open to other options fellas.

What would be better sitting in the yard at Broken Toys that I could adapt to fit a P2
newoldstock is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement