2015 Iqr 600 knocking - Page 2 - HCS Snowmobile Forums

440/race/modified This is a brand-specific forum. Posts on this forum are assumed to be questions aimed at similar model owners, and are not looking for comments of a sarcastic or "bashing" nature. Please be aware that if you violate this policy you are in danger of losing your posting privileges on this website.The calling out or posting of another members personal information IE phone number or address is prohibited.

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-13-2020, 11:26 PM   #11 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2012 800 iqr,13 800 sb,fusion 900 triple
Previous Sled(s): pro-x/xcr 800 engine,xc 800 triple,storms,ultras,650s,
Favorite Riding Area: western U.P/northern WI
Riding Since: 1974

Grab the clutch and move the engine up and down. One or more of the rubber mounts under the engine straps is probably broken .There should also be a torque stop on the left front corner of the engine that bolts to the chassis . Make sure that isn't broken or missing
sleeping_dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-14-2020, 06:20 PM   #12 (permalink)

Just checked everything out. Tried lifting the motor up from clutch and from front by exhaust moves just a hair but not a lot. Tie rod looking thing is still attached to front left of motor. Sleds sounds like it skips while idling, or wanting to stall. Then after you rev it sounds like someone beating a chunk of wood. Could it be lean? Has 450 main and 55 pilots in it. Can anyone else chime in?? Thanks
https://youtu.be/gNnlK6eZ1EU

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Banshee802 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 06:33 PM   #13 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2018 assault 800
Previous Sled(s): 99 xc 700. 02 pro x 600. Edge xcr 800. Iqr 600. 2013 Indy600
Riding Since: 98

I agree with sleeping dragon. Sounds fine. And theres something broke either motor mount or the aluminum strap itself. I would not think your lean with that jetting. I ran my iqr with 430 mains and I think 45 pilots but I could be wrong I pilot size. I ran timing on f or g. With premium pump gas.

In the second video you posted the engine dosnt seem to move around as much maybe itís the angle. I donít know.
Banshee802 likes this.

Last edited by york08; 02-14-2020 at 06:40 PM. Reason: Seen other Video
york08 is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 02-14-2020, 07:04 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by york08 View Post
I agree with sleeping dragon. Sounds fine. And theres something broke either motor mount or the aluminum strap itself. I would not think your lean with that jetting. I ran my iqr with 430 mains and I think 45 pilots but I could be wrong I pilot size. I ran timing on f or g. With premium pump gas.

In the second video you posted the engine dosnt seem to move around as much maybe itís the angle. I donít know.

The second video is from today after Iíve worked on it. In the previous video it was missing like 9 exhaust springs on the header and muffler. Iím thinking exhaust vibrations were shaking the motor. Running 93 octane and second before last timing mark. Sled is oil injected. For fuel screw, in is lean out is rich correct?

Banshee802 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 07:46 PM   #15 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2018 assault 800
Previous Sled(s): 99 xc 700. 02 pro x 600. Edge xcr 800. Iqr 600. 2013 Indy600
Riding Since: 98

Yes correct on fuel screw.
york08 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 09:17 PM   #16 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Default 2015 Iqr 600 knocking

Iíve never looked under a iqr hood but you primary looks like itís stuck closed a bit. Seems like thereís too much bolt sticking out the cover. Might be just the camera but looks like your primary spring might be spinning. Possible broken spring? Itís also hard to tell in the video but it also looks like the belt is riding low in the secondary to compensate for the primary being closed.

Just throwing it out there. Itís hard to tell from that angle.

nanner is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement