HCS Snowmobile Forums

HCS Snowmobile Forums (https://www.hardcoresledder.com/forums/)
-   440/race/modified (https://www.hardcoresledder.com/forums/354-440-race-modified/)
-   -   TEMP light & headlight flashing 2008 600R (https://www.hardcoresledder.com/forums/354-440-race-modified/1358570-temp-light-headlight-flashing-2008-600r.html)

Borntoridepolaris 02-26-2015 09:15 PM

TEMP light & headlight flashing 2008 600R

Hello. My 08 iqr 600R is doing some wierd stuff lately. When it's in the garage protected from the winds it doesn't seem to do it as much. When you start the sled, after about 8 seconds roughly, the headlight starts to fluctuate in brightness along with the tach backlight and the red temp light under tach also comes on and off. It's been doing it for about 2 weeks and I cannot fully figure out the pattern or what sets it off. It usually does it after we've been inside eating dinner somewhere for an hour or more though. Obviously the sled is cold after sitting for that long. Also I forgot to add, when you start it and it decides to do it that time, even if I let the sled warm up for 4-5 mins, when you hit the throttle with any meaning the light comes on briefly until you let off a little. I have a video of it doing it and can email or text. I would really appreciate it if someone could shed light on this issue.

Rickfenn1 02-27-2015 09:27 AM

Sounds like the stator is on its way out.

The Bob 02-27-2015 11:58 AM

Check for melted wires, then check voltage regulator, last resort ohm out your stator.

Borntoridepolaris 02-27-2015 01:50 PM

Do you know what the resistance should be for the stator and pick up coil?

snowpolaris 02-27-2015 05:44 PM

Blue to Green .65 ohms
White to white/red 185 ohms
Yellow to Brown .10 ohms
Black to Brown 0 ohms
Brown to base 0 ohms
Resistance +/- 15%

jspowersports 02-28-2015 03:16 AM

And it might all test correctly and still not work. Temp can also play a roll. Better off to just swap out when testing if you can get your hands on one.

nerradsrednuas 03-08-2015 04:30 PM

my 2008 is doing the same thing. took it for a ride a couple nights ago and it was great. guy came to buy it last night and the temp light is flashing and sled appears to be in limp mode.

checked all my wiring looks good. unplugged and plugged stuff in to try to isolate, nothing seamed to do it.

oddly enough it does sound like its running on one cylinder, perhaps my coil is gone. check that tomorrow..........its defeated me tonight

WyattJackson26 01-25-2019 10:40 AM

My 2008 iq600rr is doing the same thing, I was working on it all day, just fixing some cosmetic stuff and going through it all. As I just recently purchased it, I took it off a jump, landed and my temp light came on. The sled immediately went into limp mode so I brought it back into the shop and went though all the coolers and everything seems to be working fine, so I unplugged my wiring going to my dash and the sled was running 100% again, could it be my coil as well maybe? I don’t see any issues in the wiring