Feedback on LinQ SR21 bag - HCS Snowmobile Forums

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-07-2020, 03:37 PM   #1 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Default Feedback on LinQ SR21 bag

Decided to order the LinQ SR21 bag. It arrived today. I like the tie-down system (need an adapter for my sled) which is why I decided to try it, but I'm not sure about the bag in general. Once you open the top, it has a goofy secondary closure system that you have to unclip and then kind of unfold some extra material before you can get at your gear. It's almost like the inside of the bag is larger than the outside. I assume this is to help keep moisture out or possibly to expand the bag.

I was wondering if anyone has used this particular bag and had any feedback on it and if they like using it.
HoosierFusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-07-2020, 03:45 PM   #2 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2020 ZR 8000 LTD IACT
Previous Sled(s): 14 XF 7000 10 F8 SP,05 F6,02 ZL 600SS, 99 ZL 600, 96 Pantera
Favorite Riding Area: Central MN
19-20 Mileage: 975
18-19 Mileage: 1170
17-18 Mileage: 1260
16-17 Mileage: 960
Riding Since: 1972

I have this bag on my Cat. I like the liner it keeps the moisture out and when you roll it up it helps keep the things in your bag from bouncing around.

I used the White out Technologies adaptor kit and it works great (https://www.whiteouttechnologies.com...apta-linq.html).
Fun11cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 04:34 PM   #3 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): Mine 2016 Polaris ProS Rush 600/His 18 SBA800
Previous Sled(s): 97 Skidoo 380 Touring E, 96 Polaris XLT Touring 2up
Favorite Riding Area: Georgian Bay
19-20 Mileage:
18-19 Mileage: not enough
Riding Since: 2016

we have one for our assault, bought it a few weeks ago for a trip, and it was great. lmao i had to show mark how to roll and clip it, but it stored our tools and shovel etc nicely. it's for both keeping moisture out and makes it expandable. basically you roll it, and then clip it securely, before closing the outside expandable clip.
Old 01-07-2020, 05:12 PM   #4 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 17 XFXC 9k LTD and a 14 ZR 7k LTD
Previous Sled(s): Many (all Cats)
Favorite Riding Area: Katahdin region
19-20 Mileage:
18-19 Mileage: 3418
17-18 Mileage: 3189
16-17 Mileage: 3287
Riding Since: 70s

I made a bracket.
Works great.

Sent via my US Cellular rotary dial device.
mnzl500 likes this.
Old 01-07-2020, 05:17 PM   #5 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheallaigh View Post
we have one for our assault, bought it a few weeks ago for a trip, and it was great. lmao i had to show mark how to roll and clip it, but it stored our tools and shovel etc nicely. it's for both keeping moisture out and makes it expandable. basically you roll it, and then clip it securely, before closing the outside expandable clip.
Thanks. I'll take another look at it. Maybe I just confused myself - didn't see how to roll and clip it.
Old 01-07-2020, 06:05 PM   #6 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

19-20 Mileage:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierFusion View Post
Thanks. I'll take another look at it. Maybe I just confused myself - didn't see how to roll and clip it.
pull the extra fabric straight up, then fold/roll it down, keeping the clips free... once you have it down as low and tight as you want, use the clips to close over top like a handle.

not the greatest video, since it's for the larger bag, but this is how you do it.

https://youtu.be/W3R_6DUgZpw
Old 01-07-2020, 06:32 PM   #7 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Quote:
pull the extra fabric straight up, then fold/roll it down, keeping the clips free... once you have it down as low and tight as you want, use the clips to close over top like a handle.

not the greatest video, since it's for the larger bag, but this is how you do it.

https://youtu.be/W3R_6DUgZpw
Thanks. That helps. I have waterproof bags for fishing that roll up like that. Not sure if I'm going to like this - seems like a bit of a PITA to grab something out of it quickly, but I can see how it hold things securely, which is the key.
Old 01-07-2020, 06:39 PM   #8 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

19-20 Mileage:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierFusion View Post
Thanks. That helps. I have waterproof bags for fishing that roll up like that. Not sure if I'm going to like this - seems like a bit of a PITA to grab something out of it quickly, but I can see how it hold things securely, which is the key.
lmao.. mark got home and i mentioned your thread and he was like "you tell him i didn't know what to do either?" i just nodded and snickered, and he grinned about it.

basically, put what you might need most often on top and order of use/size below. as long as you don't pack like mark, you should be good... his version is toss everything in at once and then search lol.

i can tell you it held up well with the hours of freezing rain we had to go through, with no leaking. we did put some things in ziplocks as a precaution of course. ours for now is on top of the gas can we got at the same time.
Old 01-07-2020, 07:48 PM   #9 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Quote:
lmao.. mark got home and i mentioned your thread and he was like "you tell him i didn't know what to do either?" i just nodded and snickered, and he grinned about it.

basically, put what you might need most often on top and order of use/size below. as long as you don't pack like mark, you should be good... his version is toss everything in at once and then search lol.

i can tell you it held up well with the hours of freezing rain we had to go through, with no leaking. we did put some things in ziplocks as a precaution of course. ours for now is on top of the gas can we got at the same time.
Well my name is Mark too so maybe we just have the same issues. One of the reasons I liked going this route is that I could easily add the gas tank if needed.
Cheallaigh likes this.
Old 01-10-2020, 04:21 PM   #10 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Decided I'm going to send it back. I like to dig in the bag while stopped for a gatorade or something, and I don't want to deal with the inner liner. I'll either ge tthe 19L picnic basket one or just get the Cat bag that matches the tunnel and seat.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement