HCS Snowmobile Forums

HCS Snowmobile Forums (https://www.hardcoresledder.com/forums/)
-   General Snowmobile Forum (https://www.hardcoresledder.com/forums/352-general-snowmobile-forum/)
-   -   CKX Mission helmet (https://www.hardcoresledder.com/forums/352-general-snowmobile-forum/1861998-ckx-mission-helmet.html)

Dropsix 11-21-2019 08:41 AM

CKX Mission helmet

What's everyone thinking? I am looking at picking up a new trail helmet to add to my CKX Titan. I love the look of it, love the tinted shield, like the idea of it but don't know how it'll work.

Most of the ones I am interested in are also still not available for another 3-6 weeks. Other option I guess is a BV2S, but I'd really like for the Mission to work.

Anyone else curious?

https://www.ckxgear.com/en-ca/products/snowmobile/helmets/full-face-helmets/ckx-mission-ams-full-face-helmet-carbon-solid-winter

xrocket21 11-21-2019 08:57 AM

$850?

For real?

nosajlleb 11-21-2019 09:01 AM

Just bought the Mission looks nice can't wait to try it out and see if the breath thing really works.

I bought my kids the Titan and they love them. I wore the Titan on a few rides with absolutely no problems. I've owned a BV2s since they came out and that's my go to to right now on cold days.

Dropsix 11-21-2019 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nosajlleb (Post 20293446)
Just bought the Mission looks nice can't wait to try it out and see if the breath thing really works.

I bought my kids the Titan and they love them. I wore the Titan on a few rides with absolutely no problems. I've owned a BV2s since they came out and that's my go to to right now on cold days.

I wonder what happens when you're at a stop and there is no air moving through to transport your breath towards the back of the helmet?

Dropsix 11-21-2019 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xrocket21 (Post 20293444)
$850?

For real?

That's the very top of the line carbon helmet and it's also in Canadian dollars. Which would be like...100$ US.

nosajlleb 11-21-2019 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dropsix (Post 20293462)
I wonder what happens when you're at a stop and there is no air moving through to transport your breath towards the back of the helmet?

If the snow keeps up I should have an answer in a couple weeks.
I ordered it thru Dennis Kirk online $599 shipped with an electric shield.

Arctic JC 11-21-2019 09:44 AM

I picked one up at the snowmobile snow for $650 Canadian out the door for a Mat black with heated visor. It was time for an upgrade from my Arctic cat txi. The fit and finish is good, it’s lighter then the txi, and has a larger visor so better field of view. The adjustable peak is easy to move or remove, and it has a yellow visor that can be flipped down inside the helmet. I’m excited to see how well the venting for your breath works, seems like a great idea in theory. Also like the chin curtain and overall look of the mission. I was originally planning on purchasing an oxygen helmet but decided to save some $$ and try the mission.

xrocket21 11-21-2019 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dropsix (Post 20293464)
That's the very top of the line carbon helmet and it's also in Canadian dollars. Which would be like...100$ US.

Oh, gotcha, thanks

I need a new helmet...

Lexuslover 11-21-2019 11:06 AM

nice helmet, but what a stupid price

Frankie406 11-21-2019 11:33 AM

I bought a Polaris modular with all the gizmos, for a great price on clearance over the summer. Normally $320 ish. Has a ski Doo like breath guard, made out of that really soft pliable rubber, that won't saturate and freeze to your chin, has the heated shield, the drop down sun shade, and most importantly, after trying on literally 30 helmets last year, it fits right and is comfortable. Every helmet I tried had some quirk I didn't like. It also has that niffty ratchet quick release strap that is slick as a whistle. For the money, it's hard to beat. Haven't used it yet obviously, but I see no reason why it won't be good.