CKX Mission helmet - Page 7 - HCS Snowmobile Forums

Like Tree19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-11-2020, 11:14 AM   #61 (permalink)
rja
Super Advanced Member

call spanky's in mich
rja is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-11-2020, 11:44 AM   #62 (permalink)
The Meat Man

Current Sled(s): MY19 850 Doo mXz TnT
Previous Sled(s): Black MY15 ProS 800 SB ANV
Favorite Riding Area: Summit Lake WI
Riding Since: 1776

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Snowmobile-...oAAOSwJRld-zS3

$569.99 ebay

Dec 2019
DTR just published the dyno test results for the 850 Skidoo and the 800 Cat.

168.4 @ 8050 Doo 2020 850
155.3 @ 7900 Cat 2020 800

Sent from my HP Media Center Via RoadRunner...so bite me.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 07:32 PM   #63 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2018 XCR SB 800
Previous Sled(s): 2012 Switchback 800 Pro-R, 2012 F800, 2010 600 IQ Shift

Quote:
Originally Posted by rja View Post
call spanky's in mich
. Thank you!
horseford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 04:59 PM   #64 (permalink)

Don't know if I missed it, but has anyone ran it with the breath guard off and electric shield on? Does it not fog like advertised?
Hennessy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 05:25 PM   #65 (permalink)
Advanced Member

I think that would defeat the whole purpose of its airflow management. The breath guard is super comfortable. I don't even notice it
J-Cooz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 07:50 PM   #66 (permalink)
rja
Super Advanced Member

If I had the electric shield, I would try it without the guard. I have a regular shield and tried it without the guard in 5 degree weather and it did fog, not instantly, but over @30 miles it did started to come in from the edges.
I did change my sun shield from yellow to amber ($11) and like it much better.
I also trimmed the breath guard on the inside/bottom by the nose to get a less restrictive fit on my nose.
I am really liking this helmet
rja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 11:32 AM   #67 (permalink)
Advanced Member

I never wound up getting one this season but from the reviews so far, I think I'd be willing to try one out next season. Looks like a pretty good helmet and the negatives don't seem horrible at all, seems almost more like a personal fit sorta thing.
Dropsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 11:57 AM   #68 (permalink)

Current Sled(s): Polaris 2020 SBA
Previous Sled(s): 2019 Polaris switchback Adventure
Favorite Riding Area: Flambeau Forest Area WI
Riding Since: 2019

I bought the Electric version of the Mission at the start of the season. I looked at the CKX Titan but Opted for the Mission. Here is what I liked about it. The AMS system definitely works in all kinds of riding conditions. Its most effective when you are moving as the venturi effect will suck your breath out the exhaust vent. Another thing I really like about this helmet was the sun shield. I wear glasses and it came down with plenty of room. Not one time did my glasses or sun shield ever fog up even when I blew a fuse and my RCA crapped out. It still worked with out fogging. To be fair, when that happened it was 20F degrees so I cant say it would have been the same below zero, nevertheless it functioned as advertised. I like the quick on/off chin strap. No fumbling around to get the helmet off. One thing which I would improve on is the neck curtain. Its kind of a pain when your putting the helmet on. It uses velcro and does a good job of sealing the air out but putting it on takes some getting use to. Not a deal breaker. Other than that, this Helmet has worked as advertised.
rja, p51mstg and StargateNH like this.
rpalick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 03:45 PM   #69 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): Cataha 998T Cross Country
Previous Sled(s): 14 Proclimb12 M1100T 153,97 zrt600, 01 mc600, 07 xfire1000sp
Favorite Riding Area: U.P.
19-20 Mileage:
18-19 Mileage: 2000
17-18 Mileage: 1200
16-17 Mileage: 2000+
Riding Since: 1981

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpalick View Post
I bought the Electric version of the Mission at the start of the season. I looked at the CKX Titan but Opted for the Mission. Here is what I liked about it. The AMS system definitely works in all kinds of riding conditions. Its most effective when you are moving as the venturi effect will suck your breath out the exhaust vent. Another thing I really like about this helmet was the sun shield. I wear glasses and it came down with plenty of room. Not one time did my glasses or sun shield ever fog up even when I blew a fuse and my RCA crapped out. It still worked with out fogging. To be fair, when that happened it was 20F degrees so I cant say it would have been the same below zero, nevertheless it functioned as advertised. I like the quick on/off chin strap. No fumbling around to get the helmet off. One thing which I would improve on is the neck curtain. Its kind of a pain when your putting the helmet on. It uses velcro and does a good job of sealing the air out but putting it on takes some getting use to. Not a deal breaker. Other than that, this Helmet has worked as advertised.

Bought the same helmet and agree with everything you've said. Great helmet works as advertised.
StargateNH likes this.
nosajlleb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 06:56 PM   #70 (permalink)

Current Sled(s): 2015 Polaris Rush ProS 800
Previous Sled(s): Borrowed and rented :)
19-20 Mileage:
18-19 Mileage: 1000
Riding Since: 2015

CKX Mission Electric review. I will give the pros and cons but let me start by saying this helmet is freaking awesome and I wish I bought one at the snow show vs. this past weekend.

First let me tee this up... I am an ex-motorcycle racer and just started riding snow about 6 years ago. We only ride Canadian groomed trials and we ride FAST (hitting 100mph regularly).

First helmet was a $100 G-max snow helmet with the funny plastic bulge at the top of the shield. It worked great but looked as cheap as it was and the shield scratched beyond sight in two seasons.

Second helmet was the FXR Torque Core electric which SUCKED. 3 of us bought the same helmet and all 3 of us had air blowing in our eyes (3 different wind shields too FYI). Duck tape, balaclavas stuffed up into the neck, mods... and still air blowing RIGHT in your eyes.

Third helmet was this year at the snow show. I did all kinds of research on forums, etc. and bought the HJC CL MAX 3 electric which SUCKED. This helmet has more air leaks than a buckshot rubber raft. Seriously though... same air right to the eyes as well as lots of air over the head, etc. I was able to make it bearable by sewing a CKX chin curtain and stuffing a balaclava up into the neck.

Ahhh the Mission . I bought it at Gregior Yamaha in Joliet QB. Between the end of year sale and the US/Canada exchange rate... I got it for $370 US including tax!! I wore it on a 3 day trip with temps from 10F with tons of snow dust to 22F with slush getting spit on me from my buddies sled i was 1 ft away from trying to pass. I am a medium with a narrow head/face and decent size nose.

Pros:

- This helmet has ZERO air leaks. There are two vents in the front, one goes to your mouth and one to your nose. Perfect if you are feeling suffocated or breathing hard.

- I could NOT fog the shield OR the drop down visor. If adjusted right... the nose/mouth piece seals around your nose and cheeks and lets NOTHING past. All the air goes out the back as advertised!

HINT - take the time to adjust the nose/mouth piece. Adjust it all the way out and ride, go all the way in and ride, go in the middle and ride and then go on notch at a time from the best spot to find your perfect adjustment to seal on your face but not pinch your nose.

- It is warm without being hot. No leaks = warm but the padding in the top works very well to keep you dry and cool despite working hard in the twisty wood trials.

- The visor has two positions and the low one is lower than any other visor I have ever used. It is almost perfectly where you put your hand to block the sun. I left it there and it is great.

- It is light and super comfy.

Cons: (let me clear, this helmet is awesome and I LOVE it so these are the little nit picky things that are not deal breakers.)

- If you open the main shield when the drop down sun visor is down... the rubber nose/mouth piece get hung up on the drop down and jams it all up. I spent an hour at the dealer with them fixing the broken flat black one I wanted. It will happen EVERY time you open the main shield and forget to first retract the sun visor BUT... if you gently pull the main down while gently moving the sun visor lever and just feel for it, it un-jams easily and regularly.

- The visor also moves to the higher position when you open the main shield. AND if you manually move the visor past the top setting (very easy to do) it pops off. Again, be gentle when going from the low to high position and its fine... also it didn't fly back/off in 3 days of 6 figure sledding so... its fine.

- The front vents have tiny little nipple actuators. You can feel them with gloves on and they work but something more substantial would be a welcomed improvement.

- As I stated you don't need it... but some head venting is always nice and would be welcome.

- Of course you are breathing into a rubber face mask and that breath is going through the sides and out the back of the helmet so... when you go in the restaurant for lunch expect water to drip out of both. It is WAY less than the Skidoo helmet that my buddy wears and constantly has frozen saliva dripping down the front of his jacket.

Hope all that detail helps. This helmet changed my life (sniff) I give it a 9 out of 10 and some of nits might be improved next season .

Last edited by eegeland; 03-03-2020 at 07:00 PM.
eegeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement