Arctic cat confirms huge corporate space - Page 2 - HCS Snowmobile Forums

Like Tree21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-14-2019, 11:16 AM   #11 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): CFR 1000 & PRO X2 800
Previous Sled(s): MANY
Favorite Riding Area: EVERYWHERE

The important part of the event is snowmobiles, so Arctic Cat get's the fame and the BILL, more importantly for Textron is in the title "ATV & Powersports" Show. I find it strange that if you DIDN'T snow check a new AC, your going to have a hard time finding a 2020 sled at a dealer, but you could by a 2020 Textron ATV or SXS no problem.
90% or more of us not only have a sled but we also have other off road toys which could include ATV/SXS's, so this is a chance for Textron to try to rescue they're poor ATV/SXS market share in the Canadian market with the EXPENSE of the show on Arctic Cat books which will only add to the AC building losses vs Textrons other products.
Most Arctic Cat dealers are sitting on many to a plethora of 2017-2019 New sleds, (mind you so is Yamaha), maybe AC will offer a SHOW deal on their new left overs, kind of like a "Snow Check" deal on new left overs, which could help AC and their dealers to free up some inventory to be able to ramp up for the 2021 year.
I realize this sounds a bit negative for AC but I'm not trying to be negative in fact WE as sledder's can't afford to lose AC and or Yamaha, hopefully the AC engineers have already start working on major 2021 sled changes to recharge the market for AC and pull them out of this serious tailspin.
gaige2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-14-2019, 11:58 AM   #12 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Favorite Riding Area: The UP/Northern MN
Riding Since: 1976

The leftover models have already been deeply discounted. I mean, they are in many cases 30% off MSRP. In a recent article where they talked about the reduction in dealerships that were not profitable for them, they referenced this aspect as being very costly and was behind the reason to snow check only sleds this year. Decrease the product in dealerships so they dont have to deeply discount them so dang much essentially making them more valuable.
I would imagine they will return to the traditional method of having dealers maintain inventories of sleds in the near future, but it was a smart move at this time to do it. Yamaha did it a few years ago along with a dramatic reduction in models, which AC did this year as well.
I do find it curious and it has me wondering, there is only 1 model for 2020 with a 4 stroke right? I wonder what is going to happen with the partnership with Yamaha? Anyone recall hearing how long of an agreement that was for?
Im sure Textron would be giddy about building their own 4 strokes to maintain more profit and cost reduction. They have a 1000twin that could potentially fit the bill, but in its current configuration its nowhere near the performance of the 998 triple from yamaha in NA form.
p51mstg likes this.
Old 08-14-2019, 01:23 PM   #13 (permalink)
Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): XF9000, 97tcat, f1000
Previous Sled(s): zrt600,800, zr900,zr700
Favorite Riding Area: UP michigan
17-18 Mileage: 350
Riding Since: 1977

Love it!! I wish they would do this in the states near me, I'd love to see it! Best chassis on the market, even the other manufactures want to use it!! Textron is huge and have great success in what they do, its no wonder they wanted the best sled company as their own, the other manfacturers should consider getting wiser in what they are going to do now.
bbcnova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 04:04 PM   #14 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): An Old Cat and an Old Doo
Previous Sled(s): Lots of Cats and Doo's, few Yammys
Riding Since: 1990

ohhh @bbcnova, your truly an inspiration.
I will down a Summer Ale in 2 drinks at Happy Hour in celebration of your post.
p51mstg likes this.
stinkipinki is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 05:10 PM   #15 (permalink)
cfm
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 900 Fuse-10,200miles and going / 06 600HO M10
Riding Since: 3 BC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbcnova View Post
Textron is huge and have great success in what they do, its no wonder they wanted the best sled company as their own, the other manfacturers should consider getting wiser in what they are going to do now.
So, what are they (TexKrom) going to do now ?
PPP Charter Member #2

-"Your motor will tell you what it wants. Are you listening ?" - Darin Morgan
- "Look at the way they flew in the slew. Hats off to you. Woopy Doo!" - ICEMANJOE
cfm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 05:38 PM   #16 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2019 Expedition Sport 900
Previous Sled(s): 1992 MXXTCR, 74 TNT 300

Quote:
Love it!! I wish they would do this in the states near me, I'd love to see it! Best chassis on the market, even the other manufactures want to use it!! Textron is huge and have great success in what they do, its no wonder they wanted the best sled company as their own, the other manfacturers should consider getting wiser in what they are going to do now.
Now, just thinking out loud here.

Do you think, maybe, cats been in financial trouble since before 2014?

And maybe, just maybe, were the only manufacturer willing and needing to sell their chassis to Yamaha?

I mean building more sleds, even for someone else, can't be all that bad!!??

I'm sure Doo & Poo, being financially good, flat out shot Yamaha down on this type of thing.???

That being said. Nice to see Cat put out an effort here. I hope the second gen ctec is a winner and the Phoenix rises from the ashes!!
p51mstg likes this.
awful knawful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 08:04 PM   #17 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Favorite Riding Area: WNY

What I don't get is the ctech 800 was talked up so much and cat guys swear its the best thing ever why did they completely change it?
Trail Ryder likes this.
snowmachine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 07:33 AM   #18 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2019 Expedition Sport 900
Previous Sled(s): 1992 MXXTCR, 74 TNT 300

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowmachine View Post
What I don't get is the ctech 800 was talked up so much and cat guys swear its the best thing ever why did they completely change it?
Poo has been doing the same since 01. Every year better, improved.

Doo, while better, never had a rock solid 800 from 01 till the etec came. Ptek was horrible!
awful knawful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 08:57 AM   #19 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Favorite Riding Area: WNY

Quote:
They went bankrupt is why textron bought them not for there chassis Best chassis ever? With the biggest flaw using the jack shaft as a engine mount that has given them issues since they came out
snowmachine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 09:00 AM   #20 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2019 Ski Doo Renegade 900T Enduro
Previous Sled(s): Yamaha, Cat, Polaris
Favorite Riding Area: Allagash
18-19 Mileage 950

Quote:

Last edited by jethroxlt; 08-15-2019 at 09:03 AM.
jethroxlt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement