Hardcore Sledder banner

1.6 Cobra vs 1.5 Storm

16K views 38 replies 19 participants last post by  timmyzr1 
#1 ·
Title says it all looking for opinions on people who have rode with both the 1.6" cobra and 1.5" storm track. I'm not looking to stud either track I would pick. I had the 1.5" storm after having the 1.35" cobra and love the storm, but can't get it in a 2.52" pitch I need for my 2020 Indy XCR so I'm searching for other options. If you have any experience with a track that performed similar to the 1.5" storm and is available in a 2.52" pitch I would love to hear about it as well. Thanks in advance!

#22 ·
I haven't used a cobra 1.6, I have the storm 150 137 with a 4,2,4,2 pattern and it seems to work well. If I had to do it all again I would pick the hurricane 175 and cut it down to a 1.5.

It reminds me of the Firecat sno pro 1.375 track. And in my opinion that was one of the best tracks ever made, Fully clipped, Good top speed and excellent acceleration and braking even without studs.

#26 ·
I think it's important to compare apples to apples when talking track durability. The Ice Cobra, for example, comes in both Single Ply and Two Ply versions.

So for those loosing lugs, do you have the single ply version? I have over 4000 miles on a Two Ply Ice Cobra and no missing lugs. So my experience may be much different than others.

I have never heard anything bad about the backcountry. Especially from those that don't want to stud their tracks.

Good luck, but talk to someone from TracksUSA, or another vendor that sells all of the above and try to get an honest opinion on durability. The storm tracks were pushed hard when they were released. And I think mostly to the customers that blew out the single ply Cobras.

#33 ·
Thats no good. Now was it on the sled from polaris? I bought mine from camso should be no different, but a ripsaw 2 that comes on a factory cat has a cat part #. Where as a ripsaw 2 from camso has a camso # and also comes fully clipped, where as cat is everyother. So not sure if its different ply, or duro rating

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.