Ethonal, Water, Gas, Oil. Video - Page 2 - HCS Snowmobile Forums

Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-30-2017, 10:13 AM   #11 (permalink)
Administrator

Current Sled(s): 2015 RMK 800
Previous Sled(s): 600 H.O. Fusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleeping_dragon View Post
Yeah,I have clear bottles of fuel in my shop to show people.Ive tried dumping numerous products in bottles of phase separated fuel and none of them have "fixed" the fuel.....it still separates after just an hour or so.Once it separates ,its done.
Hence the reason that ethanol blended fuel is still just ethanol blended fuel and there is no real permanent way to fix phase separation, period. Also, there is no fix for the damage that ethanol does to fuel system components that are not made to work with it, which is still MOST of all things with a small engine in it.

So I will continue to "waste my money", run ethanol free fuel in all my small engine stuff and spend my free time doing other things rather than rebuilding the fuel systems in them.
sayatodaU.P.eh? is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-31-2017, 09:22 AM   #12 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): XF9000, XF7000, CF8HO, F8HO, ZR9, Zrt8,T-Cat
Previous Sled(s): Prostock 1000 & 1107
Favorite Riding Area: Any where there is Snow!!
19-20 Mileage: 965
18-19 Mileage: 1230
17-18 Mileage: 1100
16-17 Mileage: 700
Riding Since: 1966

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayatodaU.P.eh? View Post
Hence the reason that ethanol blended fuel is still just ethanol blended fuel and there is no real permanent way to fix phase separation, period. Also, there is no fix for the damage that ethanol does to fuel system components that are not made to work with it, which is still MOST of all things with a small engine in it.

So I will continue to "waste my money", run ethanol free fuel in all my small engine stuff and spend my free time doing other things rather than rebuilding the fuel systems in them.
I run E-free where & when I can but I have some engines that spark knocks with the lower octane and need the 93 octane with the ethanol and have rode to places with out Rec 90. Which is now Rec 89 octane thanks to the Government who reduced the octane number by 1 point.

Zrt1200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 11:27 AM   #13 (permalink)
Bar

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcticpower28 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zrt1200 View Post
For a few years now I have been running Ethanol Shield in pretty much every thing except my daily drivers. I am not going to brag on how good it is but after you watch this video you may be buying it as well. IMO its a must for all PowerSport 2 & 4 strokes!!! And no I am not involved with any of this. I have also have had Zero issues with Ethanol sense I started using Ethanol Shield. It just plain works.

Watch Videos Online | Ethanol and Other Fuel Problems ELIMINATED | Veoh.com

Products | B3C Fuel Solutions

https://www.homedepot.com/b/Outdoors...vZbxaqZ1z0uoqm

I called the factory and asked what the difference was between the mechanic in a bottle VS ethanol shield. They told me both will bond to Water, Ethanol, Gas, & Oil. The major difference is Mechanic in a bottle is designed to clean your carbs & injectors, Soften harden O-rings and get a rough engine running good again from the effect of Ethanol. They said after its running good to use Ethanol shield.

I buy it locally at Home Depot in the gallon size.

That is a great video and well worth the 19 mins. Iam courious what the third product was that he was using? Also would the gas clear up if the ethanol shield was added 1st instead of using MIB?
Startron and sea foam were the two that were covered.
snowcrazy1 likes this.
Bar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 12:04 PM   #14 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2017 assault 800/ 2017 600 assault
Previous Sled(s): doo rs 860 mod,xp tnt, mxz,cat, merc
Favorite Riding Area: leelanau co.
Riding Since: 1971

I ran startron in my boats and sleds for a couple of years, til I tested it (the bottle trick) it is total JUNK. I wish I had the money I spent on it, buying quarts of it for 200 gal tanks. But than again does it say anywhere on the bottle that it removes water??. NO

After seeing A few higher end shops pushing K100 I picked up a quart and took it home and tested it. It gives you the same end result as in the video posted in this post. Water go's into mix and burns. It mixes water so fine that it will go thru 2 water/fuel inline filters and burn.

I burn rec gas or pem 93 non-eth octane in my boat and in my sleds expect when refueling the sleds on trips. So I don't know how K100 does with phase.

I did notice that with K100 testing in the garage that it takes the same amount of K100 to remove the same amount of water. But then we carry a quart of it in the trailer so if you have a quart of water in your sled tank its time to go home anyway....
big tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 08:56 AM   #15 (permalink)

19-20 Mileage: 54321
18-19 Mileage: 12345
17-18 Mileage: 54321
16-17 Mileage: 12345

Attachment 2025954
Jerry 976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2020, 12:59 PM   #16 (permalink)

Current Sled(s): none yet
Previous Sled(s): N/A
Favorite Riding Area: Cle Ellum
19-20 Mileage: 50
18-19 Mileage: zero
17-18 Mileage: zero
16-17 Mileage: zero
Riding Since: 2020

https://
swisscows.com/web?culture
=en&query=ethanol%20free%20fuel
Sledless_Ned is offline   Reply With Quote