Ski doo helmet - HCS Snowmobile Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-17-2016, 05:55 PM   #1 (permalink)
Advanced Member

19-20 Mileage:
18-19 Mileage: 1000
Default Ski doo helmet

What do you guys think of the Bv2s helmet. Is it worth the money, does it work well with a comm system?
Thanks
Tim12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-17-2016, 06:52 PM   #2 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2020 SkiDoo XRS
Previous Sled(s): 2016 ZR7000 Limited
Favorite Riding Area: Pickerel/Crandon
19-20 Mileage: 2857
18-19 Mileage: 2920
17-18 Mileage: 1800
16-17 Mileage: 1600
Riding Since: 12

You will end up punching a hole in the breath mask.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
zrman53188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 12:35 AM   #3 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

some love it some hate it. I currently use one, and I also use a uclear communicator. I will say this, the helmet has alot of creature comforts, but IMO its of low quality, its loud, clunky and a bit cold around the chin area. My TXI helmet was alot more comfortable and quiet, but it leaked around the visor. All helmets have pros and cons. The BV2s is a good helmet, and I wouldnt hesitate to recommend it, but its not perfect. I will say it is the best sealing helmet around the visor that I have ever worn, but could use improvements in other areas.
tylera189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 07:34 AM   #4 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2016 MXZ-X 800 E-Tec, 2010 MXZ 800 P-Tec
Previous Sled(s): 15 so far
Favorite Riding Area: Maine
19-20 Mileage:
18-19 Mileage: 1800
17-18 Mileage: 1596
Riding Since: 1965

You might like the Mod 3 better. The BV2S is a VERY WARM helmet, you have to use the breath box with it and it holds a ton of moisture.
When I sold gear most people preferred the modular. Both have jaw type openings, although the Mod has the whole chin piece articulating up. The BV2S has the smaller chin piece that drops down.
I don't agree that the BV2S is cheaply made. I have an impressive helmet collection, have owned many.
If you trail ride predominantly, and your in a colder clime (NE, ME, Northern wherever, a closed faced Modular is the best choice. The BRP modular is of better quality than others.
If you like to off trail ride (mostly) a 509 open faced goggle combo is the best choice.
I have both LOL I don't really ride much off trail, but in the latter part of winter and spring I like a "cooler"helmet.

Sent from Snowmobile.com Free App
Old 10-18-2016, 10:08 AM   #5 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 16 6000 RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylera189 View Post
some love it some hate it. I currently use one, and I also use a uclear communicator. I will say this, the helmet has alot of creature comforts, but IMO its of low quality, its loud, clunky and a bit cold around the chin area. My TXI helmet was alot more comfortable and quiet, but it leaked around the visor. All helmets have pros and cons. The BV2s is a good helmet, and I wouldnt hesitate to recommend it, but its not perfect. I will say it is the best sealing helmet around the visor that I have ever worn, but could use improvements in other areas.
I completely disagree here. Mine is quiet, seals perfect with no air leaks at all. The only complaint I have is that if anything it's too warm.
Fourcam281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 11:38 AM   #6 (permalink)

Current Sled(s): 18 XCR 800 Rush - 17 XCR 600
Favorite Riding Area: Northwoods WI

I agree with fourcam the helmet is warm and leaks less that my Mod2. For those of you with condensate or fogging problems try using the exhaust valve with the 3ea holes in it. This will help with heavy breathing. Sometimes I don't think people know it's in the bag with the instructions?
Sbeiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 12:46 PM   #7 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Let me clarify, I am not saying its any cheaper than any other mod helmet. I think ther all cheaply made. A far as noise and air leaks. First off I never said it had air leaks or that the noise was from air leaks! The noise it has is a creaking noise,when you put it on, and when moving around. Put one on and kinda of wiggle it around to get it comfy, and you will hear the noise I am talking about. Also the padding is very firm. I own probably 15 helmets, from several snowmobile helmets, MX helmets, Simpson racing helmets. And the BV helmet is the noisiest period. Not saying its a bad helmet, thats just my review. They all have there issues like I said previously.
tylera189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 08:33 PM   #8 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 850 Renegade X
Previous Sled(s): Lots of Doo's
Favorite Riding Area: Where the snow is deeeep
19-20 Mileage:
18-19 Mileage: Not Enough
17-18 Mileage: never enough
16-17 Mileage: Not Enough
Riding Since: 2002

Hated, hated, hated mine....never worked correctly, nothing but issues....sold it on eBay, my buddy smashed his on the trail one night after the same problems. Rode back to camp with a scarf over his face and got frostbite, helmet was never seen again....that being said I have two friends that love them and swear by them, so who knows
qwick68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 03:06 PM   #9 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2016 renegade adrenaline 900 ace
Previous Sled(s): 2014 venture mp and 5 old 70s oldies
Favorite Riding Area: anywhere
19-20 Mileage:
18-19 Mileage: 800 miles
Riding Since: 1967

I truely wanted to buy one , i think they are great , but they don't make one big enough for my melon, only go to a 3x. I need a 5x. So i bought a ckx tranz and i love it.
Old 10-26-2016, 12:34 AM   #10 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2008 600RR 2012 gade x 1200
Previous Sled(s): pre:90s skidoos,motoski,rupps
Favorite Riding Area: Northern Ontario
Riding Since: 1970

Try one on before you buy. I can't find a brp helmet to fit me properly. If your head is round pumpkin shape you may be okay. If your head is oblong at all good luck. For me if the helmet will fit from my forehead to the back of my head it is too lose on the sides causing wind noise. My Bv2s was defective ,shield would not seal they did replace it and acknowledged the defect. Brp gets the helmets from China now and I find the quality control is all over the place. The older helmets built in Canada were good . Last year I tried
on 1/2 dozen and all fit a little different. They may have the issues with the Chinese helmets
fixed by now I'm not sure. Also they are a very heavy helmet. For the price I was not
impressed.
full eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement