South Bend Service - Don Rock - HCS Snowmobile Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-10-2016, 02:48 PM   #1 (permalink)
Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2012 Polaris Switchback Adventure
Previous Sled(s): 1997 Polaris Super Sport 600
Favorite Riding Area: SW Ontario
Riding Since: 70's
Default South Bend Service - Don Rock

It is with great sadness that I post the death of Don Rock (1961-2016) and the end of South Bend Service. "The Shop" was a few miles south of Grand Bend Ontario and Don had people come from at least 5 counties. Now that he is gone there will be no more Shop.
I met Don (Orvy to those of us that knew him) almost 40 years ago and my respect for his abilities only increased over the years we were friends. He was unbelievable with carburetors and knew clutching like second nature. He could tell you which part would work with which engine if something couldn't be found and I never saw a problem he couldn't master. Don started working on snowmobiles when he was a child, his Dad was one of the first Snow Prince dealers and after that Scorpion. He knew the traits and quirks of every engine ever put in a snowmobile and he always seemed to have the part that was needed and could make any engine run the best it was capable of.
His passing was a loss of volumes of knowledge and will leave a void that may never be filled.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20160719_0067.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	134.4 KB
ID:	1693721  
Advertisement

Old 08-10-2016, 03:28 PM   #2 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2017 800 xcr
Previous Sled(s): 2012 sb800pro r 98 xc700,600fusion,800 dragon
Favorite Riding Area: tower mn.
19-20 Mileage:
18-19 Mileage: 1350
17-18 Mileage: 1575
16-17 Mileage: 1150
Riding Since: 1968

don't know him but im sure he had lots of friends and family that are very heartbroken,a life time of talent gone forever and a lifetime of memories stored forever.rest in peace
bushman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement