HCS Snowmobile Forums

HCS Snowmobile Forums (https://www.hardcoresledder.com/forums/)
-   Classified Feedback (https://www.hardcoresledder.com/forums/347-classified-feedback/)
-   -   Burlington Cycle Ontario: Bad Dealings (https://www.hardcoresledder.com/forums/347-classified-feedback/1602946-burlington-cycle-ontario-bad-dealings.html)

quinlan06 04-19-2016 05:26 PM

Burlington Cycle Ontario: Bad Dealings

Just wanted to pass on my bad experience with a powersport dealer.

Burlington Cycle in Ontario Canada

This winter I purchased some products from them via eBay. With the current exchange rate, I was saving myself a good bit by doing so. I ordered two (2) items from separate listings which they combined shipping on. We had agreed upon prices before hand and used the eBay BIN feature to make the pricing work out.

The package arrived quickly which was great. I opened the package to notice only one of my two items inside. I messaged them immediately and was told they'd found an extra item which must be mine and they'd ship it asap. This is where everything went south for me.

Over the course of the next couple months I sent numerous messages as I never received my missing item. Some I got replies from (mainly excuses), others nothing; my last three have fallen upon deaf ears. I filed a case with eBay and got rejected as the tracking number for the original listing said the package was delivered, which it was, just with items missing (minor detail apparently).

To this day I have yet to receive my missing item, have not been offered a refund, and have been cutoff from communication.

I have come to terms with the ordeal, but wanted to spread the word. If you do business with them now or in the future, that's fine, but buyer beware.

Disclaimer: This was all handled online and through eBay. I have no experience with their store front.

jetrep 04-19-2016 09:19 PM

Perhaps you can work with Paypal or your credit card company if you used either one of those payment methods

Vinniemac 04-19-2016 09:56 PM

48 Attachment(s)
You should post in the Ontario forum. In the past, posts like such get responses by the "guilty or not" party

Sent from Snowmobile.com Free App

Lexuslover 04-19-2016 09:59 PM

i would deal with your cc company and not paypal on the issue. you'll get further with the cc company

retired racer 04-21-2016 09:40 AM

PayPal is usually very good about refunds ,however there are time restrictions, if you tried to work with the seller and it got dragged out you are likely past the time for complaints. ...RR

Sent from Snowmobile.com App

icon 04-21-2016 09:57 AM

Did you pick up a telephone and call and speak to someone?

CDNXCR 04-21-2016 10:41 AM

I too have been burned with Ebay transactions. Unfortunately Ebay is really good for nothing and in my situation Visa wouldn't (or claim they "couldn't") do anything. Its tough because proof is needed that the item wasn't sent. I wish you the best of luck and quick resolution to this matter.

jt87 04-21-2016 09:20 PM

i live right in Burlington near them here is their direct contact info
Burlington, Ontario, Honda, Kawasaki, Yamaha. ATV, Utility Vehicle, Motorcycle, Dealer, Used, Parts

big_phil 04-24-2016 04:57 PM

I assume you paid with paypal?

If so, its a very simple fix. Paypal always sides with the buyer. You have like 6 months to file a dispute with paypal.

File a dispute, and you will get your money back within 30 days from paypal. If you paid credit card, phone your credit card company up and dont take no for an answer.

quinlan06 05-04-2016 10:39 AM

I am happy to report this dilemma is finally closed.

I had tried calling prior with no answer. Not sure if they were closed, people were out for lunch, or what. BUT, about a week ago I finally got patched through to a gentlemen by the name of Bryan in parts. He claimed that he figured I'd received my missing item but was upset it took so long, thus leaving the business negative feedback. He also claimed they got busy with the needs of their in house customers, thus my messages went unanswered. Upon actually checking the tracking (which I'd never received mind you) the item wound up on the West Coast somewhere...not even close to my state of NoDak.

After finding that, Bryan was quick to order another item and get it out to me. I received the item last week, along with some extra swag for my troubles.

It's unfortunate it got strung out like it did, but at least they upheld their end of the transaction. Kudos to Bryan for straightening it out, and I wish him the best of luck trying to get his item back from where ever it ended up. :blink: