Warning if you plan to purchase from Harlans snowmobile salvage, snowmobileparts.com - HCS Snowmobile Forums

Classified Feedback feedback on members and sponsors

View Poll Results: Should people be informed of business like this!
yes 58 96.67%
no 2 3.33%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-12-2014, 08:19 PM   #1 (permalink)
Advanced Member

Default Warning if you plan to purchase from Harlans snowmobile salvage, snowmobileparts.com

I wanted to warn as many people as I can to use extreme caution if you plan to make a parts purchase at Harlan's Snowmobile Salvage aka snowmobileparts.com. They ripped me off for almost $290.00. I bought a reverse kit from them after sending pics of my sled and all the info they requested. I made the mistake of paying with a check because it was all he would take. The parts were wrong I had to pay to send them back and I gave him a couple weeks to make good. What came next was them not answering my calls or emails. I had to call from other phone numbers to get them to answer. They said they would refund me today but the most they will refund me is $200 because they have to charge me to put the parts back on the salvage snowmobile they came off of even though it was them who sold me the wrong parts. The guy is nice as can be until something goes wrong and he has your money . You have been warned and you may not be safe with a credit card if he is gonna charge you for his mistakes. Its been almost three months and I have not received a refund!

Last edited by Gotsnow1977; 11-12-2014 at 08:45 PM. Reason: correction
Gotsnow1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-12-2014, 08:23 PM   #2 (permalink)
TommCat Performance

Current Sled(s): too many
Previous Sled(s): 10 F8, 06 F7, 03 ZR9, 02 ZL6, 98 ZR6, 86 El Tigre 6000
Favorite Riding Area: Maine
Riding Since: 1977

gotta tell you, although I'm not discounting what you say, it's a little tough when someone creates an account and their first post is to bash a company.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Home of the only clutch kits that can save you from honey badgers
Tommcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 08:32 PM   #3 (permalink)
Advanced Member

I hear you. I sat down at the computer tonight mad as hell like many nights after I got off the phone with him. People deserve to know because I gather from his excuses and demeanor he does this a lot. I warned him I would post it if he didn't make good. I am even willing to eat the shipping both ways.

Old 11-12-2014, 09:03 PM   #4 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2015 Ski Doo FreeRide 137
Previous Sled(s): 13 F1100 Turbo Ltd 09 Phazer Supercharged
Favorite Riding Area: Up or Tower..
Riding Since: 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotsnow1977 View Post
I hear you. I sat down at the computer tonight mad as hell like many nights after I got off the phone with him. People deserve to know because I gather from his excuses and demeanor he does this a lot. I warned him I would post it if he didn't make good. I am even willing to eat the shipping both ways.
Why fight..there are better ways..If you've tried to work things out with them and there is no response and you feel your in the right..put a stop payment on the check..or dispute the credit card

I know your pissed off, but I'm in business as well, the bad negative online reviews as leverage/blackmail don't sit well with me so I hope you can work it out. Sometimes the people on the other end just need to see things in a different light. Placing that stop payment should do that and you'll be getting a phone call fairly quickly. You may have to send the part back first before you do that..

Last edited by F1100Turbo1974; 11-12-2014 at 09:15 PM.
F1100Turbo1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 09:11 PM   #5 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 14 Indy 800/ 05 800 XC
Previous Sled(s): 72 340 Rupp Nitro,73 440 Nitro,75 440 FA,02 Edge 500
Favorite Riding Area: Any where in WI.
19-20 Mileage:
18-19 Mileage: 1500
17-18 Mileage: 2300
16-17 Mileage: 2100
Riding Since: 1968

Quote:
Yea, I got to agree with Tom cat here. He knows. We all can understand your frustration & the emotions that go along with it.
And it may be truth what you are saying,but its not something you want to post as a new guy coming out with vengeance. This is something that needs to be worked out with the company u bought from. Or other means.
You need to develop some credibility here, that takes some time. We are all here to help one another on this site. So listen,read, & learn like all of us here are doing.
Drumerjb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 09:29 PM   #6 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): '11 Crossfire SP, '07 Crossfire 700
Favorite Riding Area: On the snow
Riding Since: 1800

Tough deal, but in no way would I ever pay someone or some business unless I could make the transaction in person. Just as there are shady people...there are equally as shady businesses.
StumpCrossfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 09:44 PM   #7 (permalink)
Advanced Member

I have no credibility on this site. If you do business with him and it goes south don't be mad because you have been warned. Wish I had been.

Yeah it is my mistake for writing a check but It looked like a large legit business. I am a cop so I should no better. I thought he was a real nice guy and he was real helpful with information. Once my check cleared and he had the parts back it all changed. Probably 50+ calls and a dozen or more emails.

I am not mad he sent the wrong parts or that it took awhile for him to look around to see if he had the right parts. I am mad that after we agreed I would get a refund he started running me around and leading me on one week to the next. Weeks turned to months. Its not good business. Its actually theft.
Old 11-12-2014, 09:53 PM   #8 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

19-20 Mileage:

Quote:
Originally Posted by StumpCrossfire View Post
Tough deal, but in no way would I ever pay someone or some business unless I could make the transaction in person. Just as there are shady people...there are equally as shady businesses.
If I ran my business with your ideals I would be out of business.
In the business world thats not how it works. Yes, there are crooks in business & sometimes they are very smooth & you can t get a read on them until its to late. Its happen to me & I ve been taken for about $8000 over 19 years which isn t to bad. It still pisses me off,but some are very slippery.
The best defense before you do transactions with anyone or company is to do background checks. That will tell you whether or not you should trust them. This has worked for us & its just a added expense in doing business in todays climate.
Old 11-12-2014, 09:58 PM   #9 (permalink)
Advanced Member

The good news is I ended up finding the parts someplace else which I was worried I wouldnt. I wont be blowing my back out this year dragging this thing off the trailer or out of the garage. I was worried because I converted my 99 700 xc to a 144 when thought I had located a reverse for it.
Old 11-12-2014, 10:11 PM   #10 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

19-20 Mileage:

Quote:
The good news is I ended up finding the parts someplace else which I was worried I wouldnt. I wont be blowing my back out this year dragging this thing off the trailer or out of the garage. I was worried because I converted my 99 700 xc to a 144 when thought I had located a reverse for it.
Yea, reverse is great especially when you get older like me. Body won t take the abuse like when younger.
Welcome to the Forum!!
You can get any questioned answered here. Lots of guys with much knowledge.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement