Not The Time To Cut Defense Spending - HCS Snowmobile Forums

Current Events #

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-14-2012, 10:22 PM   #1 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member
 
zrmikemi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 975
Current Sled(s): '11 SP 600 XC, '01 ZR440SP XC, '12 F5 LXR
Previous Sled(s): '98 ZR600EFI XC, '96 ZR580EFI ETT
Location: Manton, MI
Favorite Riding Area: Northern Michigan
Riding Since: 1967
Default Not The Time To Cut Defense Spending

Unbelievable. http://freebeacon.com/silent-running/
zrmikemi is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-15-2012, 07:16 AM   #2 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member
 
oldsledhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,823
Current Sled(s): 08 Vector LTX GT
Previous Sled(s): 02 Poo 500 classic,97 xlt touring,
Location: Hebron Maine
Favorite Riding Area: Where theres snow
Age: 53
Riding Since: 1970
Default

Again blow back, will we ever learn??

The U.S. claims that its proposed missile shield is amid at Iran but Russia doesn’t buy that argument and says the target of the U.S. missile shield in Europe, especially in Poland is Russia, not Iran.
The U.S. has already encircled China and Russia by having military bases and missile systems in Japan, South Korea, the Philippines, Taiwan, Afghanistan, Kyrgyzstan, the Baltic States, Germany and other locations. The establishment of the missile shield in three East European countries as well as in Turkey will further besiege Russia.


China, Russia flexing muscles: A New World Order, or Cold War? – by Shiraz Paracha*|*LUBP
__________________
If theres snow I,ll go.
oldsledhead is offline  
Old 08-15-2012, 08:24 AM   #3 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member
 
artibat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 4,571
Current Sled(s): 03 F7 fulie
Location: The other side of 8 mile
Favorite Riding Area: Dark side of the moon
Age: 41
Riding Since: 77
Default

Why Obama Is Wrong on Missile Defense Commentary Magazine



The blame America first & often crowd is wrong as usual.
We needed to elect an appeaser to take a soft touch approach to Bush's axis of evil & Countries that are not friendly towards the U S...After all it was Bush's hard line approach causing strained world relations.
Well, wheres the example of one Country pulling back & not escalating confrontational behavior towards the U S?

The U S is behind the upheaval in Countries like Syria? G M F B.

Believe me, nothing would make Me happier than if the U S could pull back within our borders & forget about the rest of the world, but is that realistic.
__________________
"Dont tread on Me"THE AGE OF QUARRELTHESE ARE THE DAYS OF THE CHEATERS AND THE CHEATED
artibat is offline  
Old 08-15-2012, 09:02 AM   #4 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member
 
oldsledhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,823
Current Sled(s): 08 Vector LTX GT
Previous Sled(s): 02 Poo 500 classic,97 xlt touring,
Location: Hebron Maine
Favorite Riding Area: Where theres snow
Age: 53
Riding Since: 1970
Default

900 bases in 130 countries, nothing to worry about anyone.
__________________
If theres snow I,ll go.

Last edited by oldsledhead; 08-15-2012 at 09:08 AM.
oldsledhead is offline  
Old 08-15-2012, 09:47 AM   #5 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member
 
oldsledhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,823
Current Sled(s): 08 Vector LTX GT
Previous Sled(s): 02 Poo 500 classic,97 xlt touring,
Location: Hebron Maine
Favorite Riding Area: Where theres snow
Age: 53
Riding Since: 1970
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by artibat View Post
Why Obama Is Wrong on Missile Defense Commentary Magazine



The blame America first & often crowd is wrong as usual.
We needed to elect an appeaser to take a soft touch approach to Bush's axis of evil & Countries that are not friendly towards the U S...After all it was Bush's hard line approach causing strained world relations.
Well, wheres the example of one Country pulling back & not escalating confrontational behavior towards the U S?

The U S is behind the upheaval in Countries like Syria? G M F B.

Believe me, nothing would make Me happier than if the U S could pull back within our borders & forget about the rest of the world, but is that realistic.
You do know why the US will not "publicly" intervene in Syria is don't you? And why Russia is against it?

They don't have to pull completely back inside our boarders just stop building new ones and get out of where we are not wanted
__________________
If theres snow I,ll go.
oldsledhead is offline  
Old 08-16-2012, 07:44 AM   #6 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member
 
artibat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 4,571
Current Sled(s): 03 F7 fulie
Location: The other side of 8 mile
Favorite Riding Area: Dark side of the moon
Age: 41
Riding Since: 77
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldsledhead View Post
You do know why the US will not "publicly" intervene in Syria is don't you? And why Russia is against it?

They don't have to pull completely back inside our boarders just stop building new ones and get out of where we are not wanted
Sorry, took so long...busy.

Obama couldn't be any less engaged with whats going on in this Country much less abroad.....unless it could somehow garner him votes .
Americans have no appetite for another "conflict".
No way in Hell obama is going to put boots on the ground in Syria.
Is it our job to keep the Syrian people from getting slaughtered by their own government?
__________________
"Dont tread on Me"THE AGE OF QUARRELTHESE ARE THE DAYS OF THE CHEATERS AND THE CHEATED
artibat is offline  
Old 08-16-2012, 07:54 AM   #7 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member
 
oldsledhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,823
Current Sled(s): 08 Vector LTX GT
Previous Sled(s): 02 Poo 500 classic,97 xlt touring,
Location: Hebron Maine
Favorite Riding Area: Where theres snow
Age: 53
Riding Since: 1970
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by artibat View Post
Sorry, took so long...busy.

Obama couldn't be any less engaged with whats going on in this Country much less abroad.....unless it could somehow garner him votes .
Americans have no appetite for another "conflict".
No way in Hell obama is going to put boots on the ground in Syria.
Is it our job to keep the Syrian people from getting slaughtered by their own government?
My point exactly, but why was it in so many other countries. Now we show restraint?
__________________
If theres snow I,ll go.
oldsledhead is offline  
Old 08-16-2012, 08:18 AM   #8 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member
 
artibat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 4,571
Current Sled(s): 03 F7 fulie
Location: The other side of 8 mile
Favorite Riding Area: Dark side of the moon
Age: 41
Riding Since: 77
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldsledhead View Post
My point exactly, but why was it in so many other countries. Now we show restraint?
I think I answered that in my previous post.

Whether you agreed with Bush or McCain they are men of principal... Obama is not.

I believe if we are going to intervene in Countries like Syria they owe us.
We can no longer incur the cost of liberating them from their oppressive regimes.
Time to break ties with the U N & form our own alliance with the handful of Countries that are friendly with the U S.
The U N is a joke... They are fast to condemn Israel over border disputes & protecting themselves, but when it comes to fascist regimes, that brutally murder their own people, they want to drag their feet.
__________________
"Dont tread on Me"THE AGE OF QUARRELTHESE ARE THE DAYS OF THE CHEATERS AND THE CHEATED
artibat is offline  
Old 08-16-2012, 08:34 AM   #9 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member
 
oldsledhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,823
Current Sled(s): 08 Vector LTX GT
Previous Sled(s): 02 Poo 500 classic,97 xlt touring,
Location: Hebron Maine
Favorite Riding Area: Where theres snow
Age: 53
Riding Since: 1970
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by artibat View Post
I think I answered that in my previous post.

Whether you agreed with Bush or McCain they are men of principal... Obama is not.

I believe if we are going to intervene in Countries like Syria they owe us.
We can no longer incur the cost of liberating them from their oppressive regimes.
Time to break ties with the U N & form our own alliance with the handful of Countries that are friendly with the U S.
The U N is a joke... They are fast to condemn Israel over border disputes & protecting themselves, but when it comes to fascist regimes, that brutally murder their own people, they want to drag their feet.
no not really, The rebels are more pro Israel than the current regime so it would make sense that we help seeing that Syria boarders Israel, but the fact is that Russia has a navel base in Syria, so they are blocking most attempts to oust the current regime. And the fact that Russia is there is the only reason we don't "PUBLICLY" help but you can bet your life we are there in one form or another.
__________________
If theres snow I,ll go.
oldsledhead is offline  
Old 08-16-2012, 08:38 AM   #10 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member
 
YamahaDoo Rider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 5,019
Current Sled(s): 2017 Summit XP 146 800
Previous Sled(s): 15 BCX 10 Vector LTX 08 Renegade 600SDI
Location: WI
Favorite Riding Area: Canada
18-19 Mileage 3250
15-16 Mileage: 3100
Age: 43
Riding Since: 2003
Default

We are already helping behind the scenes:

http://articles.cnn.com/2012-08-01/u...ee-syrian-army
__________________
Quoted by Aks144 - ' Only you and few others on this site would know the answer to that'

YDR - 'The Great Defender', as paraphrased from tommcat

Quoted by AkS144 - 'Did I miss something?? '
YamahaDoo Rider is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
 

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:08 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.