Hardcore Sledder banner

1994 vmax 600 question....

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  stronger800 
#1 ·
Hello to all my fellow riders. I just picked up a 1994 vmax 600 le that is in mint condition for just $800. I want to pep it up a bit and am looking at buying a set of twin pipes with stingers at a good deal. I am not really familiar with the older sleds and it did not come with a manuel either so am I going to have to re-jet the carbs and mess with the stock clutching? Or are they just a bolt on and go? I feel like the carbs are going to have to be messed with but to go with what size jets? mains? etc? do they make any kits available? If anyone has set up info or anything that would be super terrific and greatly appreciated. Thanks alot.

#2 · (Edited)
when i did it to my v max it was a finicky crabby bitch . put it back to stock and it lived happily forever. if ya want to do miles leave it stock .my bud couldn't sell his with hop up parts on it , but when stock very forgiving sleds . tottlyamaha is where you will find all the old info you crave and used parts to as well as the e bay them old parts are everywhere just get ready to wrench more than ride

#3 ·
Ehhhh now.....I have a set of twin pipes for that. PSI I think. Maybe Aaen. My uncle bought the sled new, we installed them and I had a '95 zr580 we use to do battle with each other. I had a single pipe on mine. I had tne directions for the pipes just a few years ago and I'm certain tney said "stock jetting". Which I thought was odd, but that's what they said. They have stingers built right into them and they are loud. Original paint still pretty black on tnem I think. I'm in NY.... Shipping would be expensize maybe. Pm me your number and I'll text you a pick tomorrow, unless you meant that you already had a set.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.