Reverse reverse?? - HCS Snowmobile Forums

4 Stroke Cats 1100 Turbo / 1100NA / Z1 Turbo / Z1 / T660/ This is a brand-specific forum. Posts on this forum are assumed to be questions aimed at similar model owners, and are not looking for comments of a sarcastic or "bashing" nature. Please be aware that if you violate this policy you are in danger of losing your posting privileges on this website.The calling out or posting of another members personal information IE phone number or address is prohibited.

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By polariscobra

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-08-2017, 11:22 AM   #1 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2012 TZ1
Previous Sled(s): 2003 Polaris Touring
Default Reverse reverse??

I have a 2012 TZ1 that I bought in February this year. Low miles, under 500. Reverse has been balky, works fine sometimes, other times it will not engage. Get an error 25, which clears after a few miles.

Been doing some research, found a YouTube video that described taking the actuator apart and lubing it. Seemed reasonable enough, so I gave it a try. Took a bit to get it out, but I did figure that out, took it apart, sure enough, the gear inside was not easy to turn. wiped everything clean, lubed it up, and put it all back together. Shifts just fine, every time I hit the button.

But - when I turn off the sled, I can hear it shift, and when I restart it, it is in reverse. Beeper is beeping, and track runs backwards. hit the button, it shifts, beeper stops, and I am in forward again. Tried shutting down when in reverse, it just stays that way, always in reverse when it starts, and the shift to reverse happens on shutdown.

Wires seem to be connected properly, don't really see a way to do it wrong. Any ideas why this happens?
polariscobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-05-2017, 05:16 PM   #2 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2012 TZ1
Previous Sled(s): 2003 Polaris Touring

Finally got to get back to this. The problem was that the motor was spinning the wrong way, so it went to reverse when it should have gone into forward,and vice versa.

I took the reverse assembly off the Diamond Drive (that third screw at the top is a bugger to get at), and connected it to the battery, to see which way it turned. Took out the four screws that hold the motor to the assembly, and pulled the motor up a bit, and spun it 180 degrees. Put everything together, connected to the battery again, and sure enough, the gear spun the other way. I would not have thought that turning the case around would make the motor spin the other direction, but that is way happens.

Put everything back together, reverse works perfect now.
tallcool 1 and gdnytro like this.
polariscobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement