96 XLT With reverse Chain Tension ?? - HCS Snowmobile Forums

Trail/Classic/XLT This is a brand-specific forum. Posts on this forum are assumed to be questions aimed at similar model owners, and are not looking for comments of a sarcastic or "bashing" nature. Please be aware that if you violate this policy you are in danger of losing your posting privileges on this website.The calling out or posting of another members personal information IE phone number or address is prohibited.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-11-2018, 09:29 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default 96 XLT With reverse Chain Tension ??

Evening guys,new to posting on forum but have used a tremendous amount of your posts to refurbish a pair of 95/96 XLT specials with extra 12 suspension so thank you in advance.
The 95 has reverse and the 96 did not, due to back issues I needed reverse in both. Bought a good used reverse kit and swapped into the 96, boy did I learn about Polaris Indyís! So my question is reverse chain tension. Manual says 20 inch pounds and back off 1/2 turn but this seems extremely tight. Older posts Iíve read guys are saying hand tight with tension bolt and then back off 1/4 turn but with a reverse chain this seems too loose. Reverse is all in was a considerable amount of time and money to put this in so I donít want to ruin something first trip out. Thanks for your help
Moose96XLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement