Hardcore Sledder banner

02 RMK 700 jetting

677 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Frankie406 
#1 ·
I just recently put boyseen rage cage reeds in my 700 and it is running alot better than it was but I need some help getting the jetting figured out. The guy who originally set up the sled used it out west alot so the jetting is way off I ride at 1400-1500 ft and when i pulled the carbs to clean them they had i think a 520 main on the flat slide mikuni so I'm not even sure what size to start at. The mods that I am aware of are rage cage reeds full single pipe slp exhaust hot rods crank weisco pro lite dual ring pistons and slp air box inlet. I also would like help figuring out clutch weights I ride a mix of on and off trail with a 151 track thank you

#2 ·
Probably one of the safest ways is to find the stock base-line and then adjust for the pipe and air box to the SLP recommendations. SLP probably has a clutch recommendation as well - then fine tune from there, that may be a good starting point and may even be where you want to leave it.

#3 ·
SLP's flatland specs are usually on the safe/conservative side.

An 02 XC7/800 with slp single and air horn was advised to run 540 mains (later renumbered to 510N IIRC) and in my experience that would be safe down to -40 or more at sea level, lol
On my 02 xc800 with slp single pipe, stock reeds, slp horn, at sea level and down to -30F,
I ran stock 500 mains , needles shimmed up 1/2 step, tempa-flow.

IIRC, the RMK's had fatter needles, leaner mains than the XC's...?

#4 ·
As far as clutch weights, I would buy some SLP magnum force adjustable weights, that way you can fine tune for conditions and keep it running peak in all weather/snow conditions. Worth every penny. 8000 is the target rpm. And a SLP blue/yellow 140/310 is a good primary spring for those. Slp also has a good choice of helixes that will work well too. just depends on what you want to do with it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.