Track jumping? - HCS Snowmobile Forums

Apex / Vector / Rx1 This is a brand-specific forum. Posts on this forum are assumed to be questions aimed at similar model owners, and are not looking for comments of a sarcastic or "bashing" nature. Please be aware that if you violate this policy you are in danger of losing your posting privileges on this website.The calling out or posting of another members personal information IE phone number or address is prohibited.

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-08-2007, 10:01 PM   #1 (permalink)

When i was riding my nytro today in the powder and i railed on it it seemed like the track was jumping. I would'nt think it would jump being brand new. I also might think it might be the chain jumping on the gears. Has anyone have had this problem before. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Jake

'05 YFZ 450
Renthal Fat Bars
AC Racing Nerfbars and Bumpers
Douglas Beadlocks
Kenda MX tires

Life's a garden, Dig it!!!
07nytroER is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-08-2007, 10:04 PM   #2 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Current Sled(s): XCR 800
Previous Sled(s): O.M. 1000, 700 Heavy Mod, 700 IS XCR 1253, XC1214, P.S.700
Favorite Riding Area: N.W. Wisconsin
Riding Since: 1959

New tracks stretch at least 3 times before they take a set. You better hope the chain isn't jumping.

Don
Skibum46mi likes this.
XCR1250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 10:20 PM   #3 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

mine felt like it was jumping around 600 miles... then never did it again. Was it making a clunking sound? mine was and it felt like the belt slipping or the chain drive, but i wasnt sure, the belt seemed fine when i checked it. so who knows maybe ot was ice in there clunking on something. The nytros do build up lots of ice in the back.
Skibum46mi likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Dardevil3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-09-2007, 10:47 AM   #4 (permalink)

my track still rachets sometimes when I gun it in deep powder,and im over 5000 miles on my track, the only solution is external drivers from what I hear.
Skibum46mi likes this.
nwo nytro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 10:21 PM   #5 (permalink)
Advanced Member

I have an Attak, it has way more track on the ground than you do and when I bought it I had to tighten it a couple of times, now it never ratchets anymore. Its not in your chain case!!!! I can take off with full transfer in a hard packed trail and no ratcheting.
Ski-doo owners measure distance in Engines
BRP= squeeeak BANG

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

mryamaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 02:52 PM   #6 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Check the sliders. If they are worn, some of your track tension goes away with them. Also the above point about the track stretching.

I have become a 5 minute track tightener with all the experience I got.
Snakebit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 03:50 PM   #7 (permalink)
Advanced Member

my o6 apex rtx is starting to ratchet and i know its the track cause there is alot of sag in it now

how do i tighten it. it seems the adjusters are on the inside of the rear wheels and it seems almost impossible to get at them. do i have to take the wheels off??? i quickly tried to get at them through the windows in the track but there not quite lined up right.
apexkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 12:11 PM   #8 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2012 asskicker

Quote:
my o6 apex rtx is starting to ratchet and i know its the track cause there is alot of sag in it now

how do i tighten it. it seems the adjusters are on the inside of the rear wheels and it seems almost impossible to get at them. do i have to take the wheels off??? i quickly tried to get at them through the windows in the track but there not quite lined up right.[/b]
I believe it's a 14mm deep socket you need and just go through from the track windows. You gotta loosen the axle nut a bit also. Tighten it a couple turns of the ratchet and go try it out. If it still skips, tighten it 1/4 turn and try again.
Good luck!!
87gtNOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 12:33 PM   #9 (permalink)
Advanced Member

I found mine ratchets in powder too. I can goose it from a dead stop on hardpack without any issues however. I'm going to have to wait until next year to deal with it as the season inver now .

Aaron
Aaron Eh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 05:49 PM   #10 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Same with our Nytros 2007

We run the track loose as we do most of hard pack trail riding and it gives better gas milage. But with the snow storm we hit in Quebec our tracks were too loose for deep powder thus ratcheting big time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement