HCS Snowmobile Forums

HCS Snowmobile Forums (https://www.hardcoresledder.com/forums/)
-   Apex / Vector / Rx1 (https://www.hardcoresledder.com/forums/300-apex-vector-rx1/)
-   -   Track jumping? (https://www.hardcoresledder.com/forums/300-apex-vector-rx1/226434-track-jumping.html)

07nytroER 03-08-2007 10:01 PM

When i was riding my nytro today in the powder and i railed on it it seemed like the track was jumping. I would'nt think it would jump being brand new. I also might think it might be the chain jumping on the gears. Has anyone have had this problem before. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Jake

XCR1250 03-08-2007 10:04 PM

New tracks stretch at least 3 times before they take a set. You better hope the chain isn't jumping.

Don

Dardevil3 03-08-2007 10:20 PM

mine felt like it was jumping around 600 miles... then never did it again. Was it making a clunking sound? mine was and it felt like the belt slipping or the chain drive, but i wasnt sure, the belt seemed fine when i checked it. so who knows maybe ot was ice in there clunking on something. The nytros do build up lots of ice in the back.

nwo nytro 03-09-2007 10:47 AM

my track still rachets sometimes when I gun it in deep powder,and im over 5000 miles on my track, the only solution is external drivers from what I hear.

mryamaha 03-09-2007 10:21 PM

I have an Attak, it has way more track on the ground than you do and when I bought it I had to tighten it a couple of times, now it never ratchets anymore. Its not in your chain case!!!! I can take off with full transfer in a hard packed trail and no ratcheting.

Snakebit 03-10-2007 02:52 PM

Check the sliders. If they are worn, some of your track tension goes away with them. Also the above point about the track stretching.

I have become a 5 minute track tightener with all the experience I got.

apexkid 03-13-2007 03:50 PM

my o6 apex rtx is starting to ratchet and i know its the track cause there is alot of sag in it now

how do i tighten it. it seems the adjusters are on the inside of the rear wheels and it seems almost impossible to get at them. do i have to take the wheels off??? i quickly tried to get at them through the windows in the track but there not quite lined up right.

87gtNOS 03-14-2007 12:11 PM

Quote:

my o6 apex rtx is starting to ratchet and i know its the track cause there is alot of sag in it now

how do i tighten it. it seems the adjusters are on the inside of the rear wheels and it seems almost impossible to get at them. do i have to take the wheels off??? i quickly tried to get at them through the windows in the track but there not quite lined up right.[/b]
I believe it's a 14mm deep socket you need and just go through from the track windows. You gotta loosen the axle nut a bit also. Tighten it a couple turns of the ratchet and go try it out. If it still skips, tighten it 1/4 turn and try again.
Good luck!!

Aaron Eh 03-15-2007 12:33 PM

I found mine ratchets in powder too. I can goose it from a dead stop on hardpack without any issues however. I'm going to have to wait until next year to deal with it as the season inver now :).

Aaron

Guyzoun 03-15-2007 05:49 PM

Same with our Nytros 2007

We run the track loose as we do most of hard pack trail riding and it gives better gas milage. But with the snow storm we hit in Quebec our tracks were too loose for deep powder thus ratcheting big time.