Any Input on Albany Lodge? - HCS Snowmobile Forums

Wyoming This is a State discussion forum and a no bashing zone. This area is here for members who are looking for serious answers for serious questions or discussion and are not looking for comments of a sarcastic or "bashing" nature. Please be aware that if you violate this policy you are in danger of losing your posting privileges on this website Without Warning.The calling out or posting of another members user name in the title of a thread a members personal information IE phone number or address is prohibited.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-14-2011, 03:47 PM   #1 (permalink)
Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 1999
Default Any Input on Albany Lodge?

I am looking at planning a trip to WY and staying at the Albany Lodge. They offer new sled rental right there. Anyone heard any stories on them also how is the riding there? We will be mostly staying on the trails since we are wanting a 2-up (the gf has never ridden before). How are the views scenery?

Thanks
2000thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-07-2012, 02:44 AM   #2 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): SnowChecked 13' 800 PRO RMK 155" LE
Previous Sled(s): 2012 SBA
Favorite Riding Area: Where there is SNOW!!!
Riding Since: 70's

They wouldn't rent sleds to us!!!! Something about seeing the Momsmotorsports videos LOL. Very nice place with good recomendations.. But you'll have a much better time at The Ten Mile Inn. www.tenmileinn.com All cabins are 1 yr old, great rates, gas across the road brought in every couple days. 12 mile trail ride to the good stuff.
Sled Dogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 01:17 AM   #3 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2012 RMK ASSAULT
Previous Sled(s): 1996 indy 500 sks
Favorite Riding Area: Snowie's
Riding Since: 10

I stayed at the ten mile last year. It was great. Only problem for you is i dont think you can rent sleds on that side of the mt

Sent from my DROID X2 using Snowmobile.com App
1buschlight is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-29-2012, 08:01 PM   #4 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2006 F7
Previous Sled(s): 98' Z440, JDX8
Favorite Riding Area: WY, WI, MI, MN
Riding Since: 1997

Were actually looking at heading to Albany sometime mid January. Looking for some info as well. A couple of the guys I'm going with have been there before, this will be my first time out.
apguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 01:05 AM   #5 (permalink)

I have been going to Albany Lodge at least once a year for the last several years. I plan to be out there 3 times this year. Sometimes we stay at the lodge, usually in a cabin, and sometimes we stay in Laramie and trailer out every day. The first group I'm going with this year will be renting 4 sleds out of 5 of us. I'm the only one bringing my own sled for this trip. The other group will end up with 1 or 2 rentals out of 5 or 6 riders.

We have never had any issues with Albany Lodge. This would of course never mean that others have never had any problems as I'm sure someone has.
ruiterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 09:28 PM   #6 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2016 ZR 8000 137 and 16 m 153
Previous Sled(s): 09 xfire 800
Favorite Riding Area: Albany wy
Riding Since: 1984

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000thunder View Post
I am looking at planning a trip to WY and staying at the Albany Lodge. They offer new sled rental right there. Anyone heard any stories on them also how is the riding there? We will be mostly staying on the trails since we are wanting a 2-up (the gf has never ridden before). How are the views scenery?

Thanks

The Albany lodge is great, And pretty cheap, $85 a night for 2 people. I have been going there for 15+ years before they even had the hotel rooms, The food is great and so is the service, Some of the scenery is awesome to look at make sure you take lots of pictures, and if it's windy you can cut south torwards Wycolo lodge, But they are now closed. or stay on the Q trail and just cruse and take in some views. Stop at the Rendevous lodge and fuel up and make sure you have the philly cheese steak. Then you can cut up to the top to see the mountain tops and play a little. You can also cut strait up the top off of the Q trail onto T but make sure you do it right after the groomer has gone up or your GF will never go again because of the monster moguls that trail gets. As for Renting from the lodge or anywhere Make sure you take pictures or point out in writing any and all scratches that are on the machine, You don't want to get blamed for breaking something you didn't do. Albany is pretty decent about over looking scratches. But you just want to cover yourself. Hope you have a good time once you go there you will be hooked.
Old 01-03-2014, 04:35 PM   #7 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

It's been a while since I've posted on this thread but after staying at Albany Lodge we are going back this year as well. Last year was my first time out west and I loved it. Albany had a good mix of trails, boondocking, and hill climbs. Even with the hill climbs there's a good variety of "easy" to technical, with plenty of open areas to just watch if you decide to.

What we like about Albany is the fact there is gas right at the lodge. We'd normally fill up after our ride that evening and then would be ready to go that morning. We'd park the sled for the night and walk up to the pub and have a few beers. Food there is excellent as well. Overall it's just a great place to go. There's quite a few Midwesterners' that flock to Albany as well! We met a gent that was from a neighboring town about 20 mi from us in Iowa.

Head out there, you won't be disappointed. They are getting hammered this year with snow as well! Will make riding back home lackluster
Old 01-22-2014, 09:46 AM   #8 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): Skidoo Renegade Backcountry
Previous Sled(s): Way to many.
Favorite Riding Area: Out west in the powder!
18-19 Mileage 1700ish

Any snow and condition updates for this area? A group of us are headed out there next week. Thanks.
Old 02-02-2014, 01:42 PM   #9 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Been looking at their webcam and follow them on facebook and they are getting pounded this year with pow!
Old 02-02-2014, 11:19 PM   #10 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): Skidoo Renegade Backcountry
Previous Sled(s): Way to many.
Favorite Riding Area: Out west in the powder!
18-19 Mileage 1700ish

Out here now, past 3 days we have found pretty good powder. Cold though.
Advertisement