Fresh snow saturday and sunday - HCS Snowmobile Forums

Wyoming This is a State discussion forum and a no bashing zone. This area is here for members who are looking for serious answers for serious questions or discussion and are not looking for comments of a sarcastic or "bashing" nature. Please be aware that if you violate this policy you are in danger of losing your posting privileges on this website Without Warning.The calling out or posting of another members user name in the title of a thread a members personal information IE phone number or address is prohibited.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-13-2008, 08:04 PM   #1 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 493
Current Sled(s): M8 162"/m7 162" mod./m6 153"/99 powder pro
Previous Sled(s): 121" tracks
Location: Pinedale,Wyoming
Favorite Riding Area: SHHHHHHH>
Age: 40
Riding Since: 95
Arrow

Man, I can't believe it, Wyoming gets snow and I'v'e got a hard on. Yet no one is even talking about it on the wyoming HCS. Lots of activity on michigan site and it was 82 and sunny today. What's the scoop. Anyone interested in snowmobile in that state. Just curious.
tdayco is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-14-2008, 04:23 PM   #2 (permalink)
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 7
Location: Wyoming
Default

Easy, be nice.

Just Kidding.

I think everyone is nervous. No one wants to talk about it, just encase the W _ _ d starts to blow.

Good snow in Casper, not much on the MT.

Everyone is still in the Hunting mode around here.

I hope we have snow like last year, with out the W___D. Only made it to Snowy's once, The road was always closed.

Looking forward to good year. My new 800 Dragon is still in the crate that I snowed checked. Will be trying to sell two polaris 2000 RMK 800 when I get them out of storage. Good sleds just need something bigger for my 260lb ass.

have a good one and keep thinking

SNOW

BUFF
BUFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 10:06 PM   #3 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 493
Current Sled(s): M8 162"/m7 162" mod./m6 153"/99 powder pro
Previous Sled(s): 121" tracks
Location: Pinedale,Wyoming
Favorite Riding Area: SHHHHHHH>
Age: 40
Riding Since: 95
Default

Ya hoo!!!!! there is someone there. Congrats on the new sled. When people start talking, I would love to get some info on the CD trail out of pinedale. I'm Planning a visit. I have short tracks so I'm starting the wyoming thing slowly(trails only). W__D would probably mean wet and dirty trails around hear. Slightly differant definition than yours LOL.
tdayco is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Old 10-15-2008, 12:40 AM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 17
Location: Urbandale, iowa
Default

Quote:
Ya hoo!!!!! there is someone there. Congrats on the new sled. When people start talking, I would love to get some info on the CD trail out of pinedale. I'm Planning a visit. I have short tracks so I'm starting the wyoming thing slowly(trails only). W__D would probably mean wet and dirty trails around hear. Slightly differant definition than yours LOL.[/b]
Not from Wyoming here just Central Iowa... We sled North of Pinedale 30 Miles every year. A couple guys here in town bought a cabin right up next to the mountains. They go out 6 times a year "The Place" bar and grill is less than 100 meters from the cabin and they (the bar) have cabins for rent there with sleds. It great cuz you don't have that 25 - 30 mile ditch ride up to foot of the mountains!. I believe its "The Green River Guest Ranch" is the owners of "The Place".

I tell ya its worth it. We go every year between Christmas through new years. Locals are excellent guides and love to take people out... Just buy them the drinks when ya get back in. Tail riding everywhere you can cross the Divide and head over to the "Line Shack" near Dubious or "Crooked Creek Ranch" and have a great meal. Thats a 50 miles one way with meadows and bowls all over.

I believe its a diamond in the rough out there. Not to much action with towagatee over the CD, Jackson Hole 50 miles to the West, and Dubious right over the mountain... You go out and don't see anyone Pows 5 to 10 feet deep. I've got vids and photos from out that way... Widelife everywhere... Last year we followed 2 Bull mouse with 10' racks... Deer every where... There is some Elk feeding grounds you can ride through and the views are increadable!

My thoughts one of the best areas to ride... I'll take the 13 hour drive over the 9 hour drive to the snowies any day... I recommend staying up the trail at The Guest Ranch much better riding IMO and much more snow... The trail down to Pinedale just looks rough from the road... I can get better trail riding here in Iowa than take... Well I take that back we don't have the view that the trail out there gives you! Just wait til mid to late December before you take that drive! hope this helps
wagwit44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 08:09 PM   #5 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 493
Current Sled(s): M8 162"/m7 162" mod./m6 153"/99 powder pro
Previous Sled(s): 121" tracks
Location: Pinedale,Wyoming
Favorite Riding Area: SHHHHHHH>
Age: 40
Riding Since: 95
Default

Quote:
Not from Wyoming here just Central Iowa... We sled North of Pinedale 30 Miles every year. A couple guys here in town bought a cabin right up next to the mountains. They go out 6 times a year "The Place" bar and grill is less than 100 meters from the cabin and they (the bar) have cabins for rent there with sleds. It great cuz you don't have that 25 - 30 mile ditch ride up to foot of the mountains!. I believe its "The Green River Guest Ranch" is the owners of "The Place".

I tell ya its worth it. We go every year between Christmas through new years. Locals are excellent guides and love to take people out... Just buy them the drinks when ya get back in. Tail riding everywhere you can cross the Divide and head over to the "Line Shack" near Dubious or "Crooked Creek Ranch" and have a great meal. Thats a 50 miles one way with meadows and bowls all over.

I believe its a diamond in the rough out there. Not to much action with towagatee over the CD, Jackson Hole 50 miles to the West, and Dubious right over the mountain... You go out and don't see anyone Pows 5 to 10 feet deep. I've got vids and photos from out that way... Widelife everywhere... Last year we followed 2 Bull mouse with 10' racks... Deer every where... There is some Elk feeding grounds you can ride through and the views are increadable!

My thoughts one of the best areas to ride... I'll take the 13 hour drive over the 9 hour drive to the snowies any day... I recommend staying up the trail at The Guest Ranch much better riding IMO and much more snow... The trail down to Pinedale just looks rough from the road... I can get better trail riding here in Iowa than take... Well I take that back we don't have the view that the trail out there gives you! Just wait til mid to late December before you take that drive! hope this helps[/b]
Oh man, great info. so far I noticed you talked about deep snow. Do you think I will be able to navigate with my short tracks? I have friends that I will be staying with in pinedale. I noticed you mentioned the trail leading to town. Is it typically in poor condition ? I am also riding efi arctic cats. Do you recommend clutching changes or can I get away with regular trail riding. thanks, tom
tdayco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 09:58 PM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 17
Location: Urbandale, iowa
Default

Quote:
Oh man, great info. so far I noticed you talked about deep snow. Do you think I will be able to navigate with my short tracks? I have friends that I will be staying with in pinedale. I noticed you mentioned the trail leading to town. Is it typically in poor condition ? I am also riding efi arctic cats. Do you recommend clutching changes or can I get away with regular trail riding. thanks, tom[/b]
I'll be honest I haven't riden the tail back down to town, but I do ride it the final 5 miles up to the foot of the mountains and it is quite rough if snow is down. Like I said from the road back the trail looks to be a lot like the last five miles I spoke of. Its open riding with the mountians 15 or so miles off to the East and to the west I would say are small foot hills with no trees. You would see a lot of wildlife and a ton of ranches. Its not my kind of riding, but to a trail rider it might be. I don't recall seeing extensive play areas on that ditch trail.

Now once you've hit the parking lot at the foot of the mountain snow seems to get better, but again it is open until you take the left up the hill into some trees. If I was you I'd google earth the Cora/ Pinedale and follow the trail up the road you'll see what I mean...

We all have Skidoo 154's and if you get off trail it can get deep... I haven't been out there without powder at least 18" deep on a 48" base. Last year we had a 2 foot snow fall over night... I would think a short track would have a rough time off trail. Now if ya stay close to the trails there are lots of hill climbs and bowls that you could get in and out on.

We head up the trails into the mountains and take a left turn and blaze our own paths so were in pow all day. Thats our riding and its a BLAST! I highly recommend at least one time tring it out

Now between The Green River Ranch and "The LineShack" 50 miles is 10800 feet pass and a ton of play areas easy for a short track to get in and out on. The Line Shack and Crooked Creek Ranch have fuel to get ya back on. I would recommend a day ride your first ride up in that you could get lost with all the trails. Half away between is a Warming Hut to warm up at and with good snows thats a great place to play.

Again Google Earth it and zoom in... here are some links www.lineshack.com, www.crookedcreek-gr.com, www.grguestranch.com The Green River Guest Ranch just got bought by a new owner and I hear they are awesome... They rent Polaris and have fuel as well... check em out... let me know
wagwit44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 06:59 PM   #7 (permalink)
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2
Default

im heading to wyoming at the end of this month. will i be able to get any riding done before december?>
cheiser666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 09:31 AM   #8 (permalink)
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 7
Location: Wyoming
Default

Look at the Snowies, They should have some good snow by then. Between Laramie and Saratoga.
http://www.snowymountainlodge.com/webcam/index.php


Also look at Togwotee lodge on the way to Jackson.
http://www.togwoteelodge.com/

Bighorns may not be ready, just never know.

Were getting some snow today, not the big one we all are hoping for.

Good luck, be safe, and enjoy

buff
BUFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 06:46 PM   #9 (permalink)
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2
Default

Quote:
Look at the Snowies, They should have some good snow by then. Between Laramie and Saratoga.
http://www.snowymountainlodge.com/webcam/index.php
Also look at Togwotee lodge on the way to Jackson.
http://www.togwoteelodge.com/

Bighorns may not be ready, just never know.

Were getting some snow today, not the big one we all are hoping for.

Good luck, be safe, and enjoy

buff[/b]

are there any public trails? i noticed yellowstone doesnt open till mid december. i saw the continental divide has some sweet trails. Are they public or do i need a guide?
cheiser666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 06:57 PM   #10 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member
 
Fred_FUZZY_Rasmussen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 176
Location: Ludington, MI
Default

Quote:
are there any public trails? i noticed yellowstone doesnt open till mid december. i saw the continental divide has some sweet trails. Are they public or do i need a guide?[/b]
I work as a tour guide at the snowies. Yes there are trails up there the main one is highway 130. It is aready closed to cars for the season and open for sledding. If you are ever in the area and want pointers on where to go pm me.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Fred_FUZZY_Rasmussen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:42 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.