Snowies in April - HCS Snowmobile Forums

Wyoming This is a State discussion forum and a no bashing zone. This area is here for members who are looking for serious answers for serious questions or discussion and are not looking for comments of a sarcastic or "bashing" nature. Please be aware that if you violate this policy you are in danger of losing your posting privileges on this website Without Warning.The calling out or posting of another members user name in the title of a thread a members personal information IE phone number or address is prohibited.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-12-2008, 02:09 PM   #1 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Thinking of coming the first week of April. What can I expect?
cuzzinolaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-12-2008, 10:30 PM   #2 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

It will be hit or miss. Could have good snow or terrible snow. There has been some very warm days lately but snow is forcasted. The snowy's can change from week to week so this late in the season could be a gamble. Usually March is the last of the good days but winter started late so you never know. Could last late?
sclwald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 11:37 AM   #3 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

ive been out in april and ussually its been fine...but its just a difference of u have a.) fresh powder over ur hood or b.) set up snow that u can get into some pretty scary places lol

i have some friends that live in jackson so they always tell me sometimes there out in may riding up in areas around jackson and tog

last time i went was like 3rd week in april and the snow was setup a bit..and i took my firecat places i didnt really wanna be ...once it warms up during the day and depending where u go u can always find fresh snow its just more mealy the difference is out there is theres 5-10 feet of snow not 5 inches.. i think a couple years ago some friends went out once and they had to leave early cause the lower areas to unload and get to the play areas literally had no snow...but every year is different...should be fine have fun i know i did

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Big Fire Chief is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-29-2008, 07:19 PM   #4 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Went up today and the snow was amazing. If you are still coming out this week you will not be dissappointed. Forcasted up to 17" tommorrow making for a good monday of sledding. hope you still plan on coming out. It will be good for you. We rode about 10" fresh on the backside today.
Old 03-30-2008, 09:29 PM   #5 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

We'll be heading out on Friday. I can't wait, thanks for the update.
cuzzinolaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 04:47 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
We'll be heading out on Friday. I can't wait, thanks for the update.[/b]
A group of us are heading out thurs also it looks like it will be tshirt riding weather as it's supposto be highs in the 50's all weekend. were staying in sheridan so were gonna do most our riding around thoes parts. Anyone got any suggestions on some good riding spots around there that they'd like to share??
jzillmer34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 11:07 PM   #7 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Yeah it is supposed to be really nice this weekend now. Not 50's up high though. Forcast for the range says high 34. Enough to cause problems in the afternoon. Get up early and come back early.
Old 04-12-2008, 06:29 PM   #8 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

See my update that is stickied. It is amazing up there right now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement