Any bets on snowies grooming this season - HCS Snowmobile Forums

Wyoming This is a State discussion forum and a no bashing zone. This area is here for members who are looking for serious answers for serious questions or discussion and are not looking for comments of a sarcastic or "bashing" nature. Please be aware that if you violate this policy you are in danger of losing your posting privileges on this website Without Warning.The calling out or posting of another members user name in the title of a thread a members personal information IE phone number or address is prohibited.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-16-2007, 12:04 AM   #1 (permalink)

Do you think they will have their grooming program up and running better than last season?
sables is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-17-2007, 02:13 AM   #2 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

I thought the grooming was pretty good but then we don't ride much on the trails......................
likinit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 10:29 PM   #3 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2012 proclimb m8 sp
Previous Sled(s): rkt m8

Quote:
I thought the grooming was pretty good but then we don't ride much on the trails......................[/b]
Just look at it this way....It probably couldn't get any worse. We were out there at christmas time and it was terrible.

Old 10-30-2007, 06:24 PM   #4 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

I would like to think the state would be a little more prepared this year. It was horrible last year for most of the time. There were a few times I was up there that it was decent.

The contract didn't give them much time to prepare but I do beleive that is not excuse. If I were to take on the contract there would have been hell to pay if I rendered services like that. But it is the state now and they can do whatever they want because it is a state funded project.

So I hope it is better given some time but I wouldn't cross my fingers.
If any of you are coming out and want to know I sled up there most every weekend. Just ask or post again in this section..
sclwald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 12:40 AM   #5 (permalink)

Thanks sclwald
We will be there Jan 10-12 and Feb 21-24 I will take you up on the report. We stay at Albany Lodge so we use the trails to get to the play area's
sables is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 11:23 PM   #6 (permalink)

You guys have to understand what a dud we have for our governor right now (Frudenthal) ... the guy is completley worthless.

He doesn't do a damn thing to help this state if it doesn't directly benefit the assholes in jackson (rich people who dont even live in wyoming), then he sits on his ass on top of all the oil and gas money the state has now and acts like he's doing a wonderful job...

It would have been so simple to push through getting another party a contract to groom those damned trails it's not even funny, I don't buy for a nanosecond the state "doesn't have enough money to pay more" like they were trying to say in the papers, that is pure horse sh!t .....

I don't know, I immagine it will be better this winter (I hope) .... They're putting in a new parking lot at Green Rock which will help the congestion on the highway, maybe they've had enough complaints about the grooming this past season they'll wake up finally.
Dogmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 11:42 AM   #7 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Quote:
I don't know, I immagine it will be better this winter (I hope) .... They're putting in a new parking lot at Green Rock which will help the congestion on the highway, maybe they've had enough complaints about the grooming this past season they'll wake up finally.[/b]

When are they putting in a new parking lot? I was up there last week and didn't see anything different. Also the snow around here is so so so bad. I think green rock had about 2 inches and once over the top about 8 inches tops. I can't beleive it is middle of November and still nothing. Don't know what to think. The damn pass is still open for crying out loud.
Old 11-18-2007, 08:14 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
When are they putting in a new parking lot? I was up there last week and didn't see anything different. Also the snow around here is so so so bad. I think green rock had about 2 inches and once over the top about 8 inches tops. I can't beleive it is middle of November and still nothing. Don't know what to think. The damn pass is still open for crying out loud.[/b]
I guess it was supposed to be across the road from the lodge at the end of the highway where the plowing usually stops, I cant remember the name of the place ... Snowy Mountain Lodge perhaps?

I dont know somone on snowest posted some airial photos of where the proposed lot was supposed to be for this winter, but if they haven't started on it yet I guess it didn't happen .... I just thought I read in all the USFS papers and whatnot that it was supposed to be this winter ...
Dogmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 08:28 PM   #9 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

I may have not paid much attention but I didn't see anything different last week. Across from the Snowy Mountian lodge would be awesome place to put a large parking lot. I hope it comes through sooner or later. That is one thing I like about dumping off at Albany Lodge. They need something like this to happen because it is horrible up there on certain weekends.
Old 12-01-2007, 10:39 AM   #10 (permalink)

Thumbs down

Here is the latest as they play the press, they can't get the information on the website. The new groomer and sled are parked at the Albany lot right now.
Albany Mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement