FIRST TRIP THIS YEAR - HCS Snowmobile Forums

Wyoming This is a State discussion forum and a no bashing zone. This area is here for members who are looking for serious answers for serious questions or discussion and are not looking for comments of a sarcastic or "bashing" nature. Please be aware that if you violate this policy you are in danger of losing your posting privileges on this website Without Warning.The calling out or posting of another members user name in the title of a thread a members personal information IE phone number or address is prohibited.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-26-2006, 09:55 AM   #1 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

first off will say i have never been to Wyoming on a sled yet .... touring in the Summer months a couple times only.... planned on going to Black Hills or Casper area .... will be going with my wife 2-up on my 03 rev600ho ... dont plan on playing in the deep stuff at all ... planned on 3-4 days of riding trails with great scenery ... would like to know of lodging possibly centrally located so i am not on much of the same trails everyday .... heard of groups riding from one lodge to another lodge in a day to stay the night making trips that way ... i have the necessary bags to carry stuff on sled .... curious to know gas prices also on trails ... are there many gas stations on the trails or should i carry a gas can to make it to the next stop??...

i could probably come up with a million questions, but will end it at this .... just want to find decent lodging and great scenery for a few days to relax after Xmas .... making a trip riding from lodge to lodge sounds the best, but staying at one place and riding out day after day sounds good too ....

any advice or recommendations please pm me or post here ... thank you TEAM BUZZ // dan parcel

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[b]IOWA STATE SNOWMOBILE ASSOCIATION MEMBER

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

TEAMBUZZ03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-26-2006, 04:37 PM   #2 (permalink)

We are going to the snowies the day after x-mas. We found room at the old corral. Albany lodge is all full. Don't know about wycolo lodge. If I was you I would stay at the corral and trailer every day. You will have plenty of fun and sight seeing.Call now to reserve a room. Hope to see you there. Ps-there is about 6-7 of us from Des moines that will be out there.
bouton polecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 07:05 PM   #3 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

got your pm ... called the hotel ... they are booked, guy said to call every so often tho ...

[b]IOWA STATE SNOWMOBILE ASSOCIATION MEMBER

TEAMBUZZ03 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-27-2006, 07:24 AM   #4 (permalink)

We have 3 rooms at Old corral. Don't know if we will be using all of them or not. Will let you know the closer it gets to x-mas. You can always stay in Larmie. Alot of motels there. But it is a 30 mile haul one way.
Old 11-27-2006, 09:02 AM   #5 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

He said Black Hills or Casper area. The snowies are not in that area. Unless he would rather go there instead of casper/black hills.

I WOULD!!!! Nothing up there!
sclwald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 11:34 PM   #6 (permalink)

From Iowa here as well... Waukee/Urbandale we are heading out 11pm Christmas night heading to Cora, 4-5 hours west of Laramie. There's 7 in our group. Sounds like Laramies getting some snow tonight as well... Can't answer any questions for you only been to Wyoming once before... We ussually head to Montana. Love to find some more Mountain Sledders from Iowa though. You taking your own sled our renting? Oh... The trails are nice... but the REAL sledding in Wyonming is the Boondocking and cross-country riding!
WAG
156th & Douglas
wagwit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 07:27 PM   #7 (permalink)

I live 30 miles north west of des moines. In town every day for work. Do you belong to the dam club?
Old 12-18-2006, 08:37 PM   #8 (permalink)

No actually... I'm fairly new to sledding... did it years ago then move from home started the family deal (i.e. short on cash for sledding) Now I'm back in the saddle! I'm trying to connect with sledders in the area... I guess the club would be a great move. I'm heading to Wyoming Tuesday with 6 guys I've never met , but once...

I'm in construction so, I heading out with some builders and contractors... Can't wait
wagwit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 08:20 AM   #9 (permalink)

I'm in the flooring business. Have my own company. Maybe if we ever get any snow around here we can hook up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement