Snowy Range, Centennial, and Albany - Page 3 - HCS Snowmobile Forums

Wyoming This is a State discussion forum and a no bashing zone. This area is here for members who are looking for serious answers for serious questions or discussion and are not looking for comments of a sarcastic or "bashing" nature. Please be aware that if you violate this policy you are in danger of losing your posting privileges on this website Without Warning.The calling out or posting of another members user name in the title of a thread a members personal information IE phone number or address is prohibited.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-13-2006, 12:26 PM   #21 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2012 proclimb m8 sp
Previous Sled(s): rkt m8

Any new word on the snow conditionns? I called out to snowy mountain lodge lastnight and the guy said they had a 4-6 foot base? Any truth to this? Possibly heading out the 25 if there is good snow.
Advertisement

Old 12-14-2006, 11:28 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Any new word on the snow conditionns? I called out to snowy mountain lodge lastnight and the guy said they had a 4-6 foot base? Any truth to this? Possibly heading out the 25 if there is good snow.[/b]
There has been some snow the last couple days and major wind out in the plains. We are watching the lastest storms coming from the NW that will hopefully show up this weekend. Keystone has had 84" so far this year, Butttttttttttt under the conditions, I would expect 30% or less is still on the level ground. I haven't been up the hill yet but 4-6 foot base sounds awful optimistic. Maybe drifts in that range but not on the level or on the bare top. Keep a look out towards next week for hopefully a better, healthier report.

Not the best of years yet.

KRL2
Albany Mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 06:14 PM   #23 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Ive heard good snow reports for this week over at the snowest forums...hopefully it keeps up

I knew a man who gave up smoking, drinking, sex, and rich food. He was healthy right up to the day he killed himself.
jafraune is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-19-2006, 05:19 PM   #24 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Riding Since: 5

I talked to the Albany Lodge today. They said good snow in the area but many riders are complaining about the grooming. New groomers don't have a clue I guess?
Old 12-19-2006, 08:40 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Ive heard good snow reports for this week over at the snowest forums...hopefully it keeps up[/b]

Finally the Wyoming State Grooming website is up at http://wyotrails.state.wy.us/snow/trail_groom.htm
Albany Mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 07:22 AM   #26 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Riding Since: 5

Quote:
Finally the Wyoming State Grooming website is up at http://wyotrails.state.wy.us/snow/trail_groom.htm[/b]
Thanks for the link however the link is not accurate or up to date.
Old 12-20-2006, 12:34 PM   #27 (permalink)

Just got back this morning from snowy mountain lodge. amazing powder, i've never riden in powder that deep in my life. When we were loading up monday night we saw the groomer take off and start grooming. Still some hidden rocks under the powder, one of the sleds got a ski tore off. Other than that it was a great trip, awsome powder, and the lodge was excellent would recommend to anyone.

Josh
firecat_156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 10:53 PM   #28 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Don't know what the range snow totals are but Laramie got about 12-14" out of the recent storm and Saratoga about 30". So the Snowy Range total should be impressive for this week. If the early snow this year has finally settled to a good base this weekend is going to be great for those headed up.

I AM!! Havn't had the sleds out for three weeks and I am itching to go ride.
Stay tuned for the Saturday report.
sclwald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 06:42 PM   #29 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Riding today was good. The reports of 6feet of fresh snow is a little exagerating but we did ride 3 feet of powder all day long. I am beat. Still rocks and stumps under the snow so you have to ride with caution.

It is definetley worth the trip for some of you now but ride with caution. Snowy Range Lodge side snow covered but extremely dangerous. Once over the top and around the backside it was great.

May go again tomorrow and I will have to take the camera. Rode with the boys today so we didn't stop a whole lot.
sclwald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 12:05 PM   #30 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2018 El Tigre 8000
Previous Sled(s): 16 ZR 6000 Ltd 14 ZR 8000 Ltd 12 F1100 T 11 F8 EXT 09 Z1T
19-20 Mileage:
18-19 Mileage: Lots
16-17 Mileage: Not enough
Riding Since: 1969

Quote:
Riding today was good. The reports of 6feet of fresh snow is a little exagerating but we did ride 3 feet of powder all day long. I am beat. Still rocks and stumps under the snow so you have to ride with caution.

It is definetley worth the trip for some of you now but ride with caution. Snowy Range Lodge side snow covered but extremely dangerous. Once over the top and around the backside it was great.

May go again tomorrow and I will have to take the camera. Rode with the boys today so we didn't stop a whole lot.[/b]
Plan is to be in Laramie Sunday afternoon and at Albany first thing Monday morning :banana: I'll have to show all you guys out west how to high mark with a Zed R 900 :drunk: :smilielol: I have 144 studs :smilielol:

I'm pretty excited first time out to the Snowy Range, have clutch and jets being overnighted, setting up for 8,000-9,000 feet, wife will be on an 07 Panther 570 and my son will be on a 03 Panther 570.
Advertisement