Snowy Range, Centennial, and Albany - Page 2 - HCS Snowmobile Forums

Wyoming This is a State discussion forum and a no bashing zone. This area is here for members who are looking for serious answers for serious questions or discussion and are not looking for comments of a sarcastic or "bashing" nature. Please be aware that if you violate this policy you are in danger of losing your posting privileges on this website Without Warning.The calling out or posting of another members user name in the title of a thread a members personal information IE phone number or address is prohibited.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-16-2006, 11:28 PM   #11 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Since you live in Cheyenne you dont have a whole lot to lose trying it out even if it sucks. I don't think people coming from Iowa, Minnesota, and North Dakota would get their moneys worth just yet.

Got some good snow this week though but as poor as it was last weekend I think it will take many more. I was talking to a friend and she said that the ski resort is opening up Turkey weekend and I don't see how as the runs were bare last weekend.
sclwald is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-17-2006, 09:11 AM   #12 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Keep the reports coming. Many planning on going Thanksgiving. Reports from lodges say the riding is good but they always say that. Thanks
skidud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 10:47 PM   #13 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

I never made it up this weekend and will be out of town for Turkey weekend. Post up how it is if you go. I heard it is getting better from locals but I still think far from "GOOD RIDING"

Old 11-21-2006, 12:34 AM   #14 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Thanks for the updates, im looking forward to coming out there!

I knew a man who gave up smoking, drinking, sex, and rich food. He was healthy right up to the day he killed himself.
jafraune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 10:04 AM   #15 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Anybody with Thanksgiving weekend Reports? I was out of town so I don't have one. Will go up this coming up weekend though.
Old 11-27-2006, 12:39 PM   #16 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 14' XF 800 LTD 10' Z1 Turbo
Previous Sled(s): 09' F1000- 07' F8- 04'F7
Favorite Riding Area: Lake Namakagon-U.P.
Riding Since: 1985

A group from Iowa went to Albany. I had to work so I couldn't make it but I have the story. The "backside" is good with good snow. They broke alot of trails Friday along with some fire roads. "Frontside" is not near as nice with lots of bare spots. The report is not all good though because the base is still not deep enough. They rode off trail and a couple new Cats got one ski ripped off apiece from hitting rocks. Sounds like it is rideable but not great!!
nickl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 11:46 AM   #17 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

12/2/06 Report

Went up and what a difference the two storms that came through made. The front side makes easy unloading by Snowy Range Lodge at the normal loading zone now. It is not a lot of snow on the front side but there was no snirt riding. Highway was completely covered. The only downside is that this year the old contract for grooming was up and the State of Wyoming is going to groom it this year and they have not started. If you don't know where you are going it is easy to get lost as there are no really main trails right now. The highway is completely bumpy and beats you to death.

Once on the backside there was tremendously deep powder. Only downfall is there is no base to it. There are a lot of dangers below this deep powder as once again saw a few sleds that had hit big rocks.

So the snow is here for us to get a base started and the snow is plentiful on the backside but it is still pretty dangerous without a base.

12/2/06

Heard from a family friend that Albany is also pretty good right now because of the amount of trails on that side. Off trail riding still has hidden dangers on that side too.
Old 12-05-2006, 03:34 PM   #18 (permalink)

Just got back from Centennial last night. Rode Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Riding was great but needed to use caution. West side had lots of snow and east side was not bad for the most part. Still hidden dangers but no damage to any of our sleds. It was well worth the 16 hour drive. Can not say enough good things about Snowy Mountain Lodge. Very accomodating and great people. Treated us out of towners like family. Would recommend to anyone looking for lodging.
fgsacts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 11:40 AM   #19 (permalink)

Just wondering if anyone has an updated snow report. Taking off for Snowy Mountain Lodge on thursday with six guys from northern Minnesota. Also what are the gas prices at the lodge.

Thanks Josh
firecat_156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 09:35 AM   #20 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Never made it up last weekend and probably not this weekend either as we have two christmas party's to go to. but I look up there every day and yesterday looked as though it snowed all day long up that way. End of last week was rather warm so hopefully the snow settled to start a base when the new snow arrived.

Let us know how it is.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement